Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2010, 09:13 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hombre57 View Post
Thats a video of BUSH... The thread is about CONSERVATIVES..

Hell, its your own thread and you cant keep them straight..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2010, 09:14 PM

Quote:
But only after president Obama took office. Where were the teabaggers before this time? Hmmmm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncBPB5odB8A
Ahh no.. wrong again.. Tea party protests started YEARS ago.. Ignoring this doesnt mean it isnt true..

p.s. whats the video have to do with the thread or tea parties?

Old 01-08-2010, 05:53 AM

2,479 posts, read 3,235,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Ahh no.. wrong again.. Tea party protests started YEARS ago.. Ignoring this doesnt mean it isnt true..

p.s. whats the video have to do with the thread or tea parties?
Yeah, you're right, there was a tea party in 1773.

The second first tea party protest was: 04/15/09
http://video.foxbusiness.com/v/3886695/the-first-tea-party-protest/?playlist_id=87168 (broken link)

Boston Tea Party - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

LIES and fearmongering. Using the events of 9/11 to further the republican agenda and personal gain.

Old 01-08-2010, 06:07 AM

6,175 posts, read 12,939,084 times
Quote:

The First Tea Party Protest - Video - FoxBusiness.com (http://video.foxbusiness.com/v/3886695/the-first-tea-party-protest/?playlist_id=87168 - broken link)

LIES and fearmongering. Using the events of 9/11 to further the republican agenda and personal gain.
That was the first? Interesting. So then, what was this? The Taxpayer Tea Party Movement is Growing | FreedomWorks.
For those who can't, or won't, take the time to follow the link & read the information, it's a website called FreedomWorks. The date of the story is February 23, 2009. The headline of the story is "The Taxpayer Tea Party Movement is Growing". The first line reads, "This past week, FreedomWorks helped to organize "Taxpayer Tea Party" protests around the country".

Seeing this, perhaps you want to rethink the date you posit at the first?

What's even funnier is that the first line of the video clip YOU posted says "The first Anti Tax Tea Party was held in Tulsa, in late February." So how did you get to your statement that the first was on April 15th?

Last edited by Bill Keegan; 01-08-2010 at 06:26 AM.. Reason: Added the last.

Old 01-08-2010, 06:21 AM

Quote:

The First Tea Party Protest - Video - FoxBusiness.com (http://video.foxbusiness.com/v/3886695/the-first-tea-party-protest/?playlist_id=87168 - broken link)

Always funny to see someone talk about "lies" while they themself post "lies"..

Protest Against the Bush Bailout on Wall Street | LEESEAN.NET

My audio slideshow of the protest on Wall Street on September 25, 2008.

They might not have been called "tea parties" because they werent well organized, but dont dare pretend that people all of a sudden got up and started protesting the bailouts the minute Obama got into the White House. And yes, there were PLENTY more previously.. but you can stick your head in the sand and pretend all of this protesting started with Obama "due to racism"...

Old 01-08-2010, 06:22 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USpsj...eature=related

Old 01-08-2010, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Keegan View Post
That was the first? Interesting. So then, what was this? The Taxpayer Tea Party Movement is Growing | FreedomWorks.
For those who can't, or won't, take the time to follow the link & read the information, it's a website called FreedomWorks. The date of the story is February 23, 2009. The headline of the story is "The Taxpayer Tea Party Movement is Growing". The first line reads, "This past week, FreedomWorks helped to organize "Taxpayer Tea Party" protests around the country".

Seeing this, perhaps you want to rethink the date you posit at the first?
Oh, ok, I was 2 months off.

Old 01-08-2010, 06:27 AM

Quote:
Oh, ok, I was 2 months off.
You were more than two months... far more..

Old 01-08-2010, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Always funny to see someone talk about "lies" while they themself post "lies"..

Protest Against the Bush Bailout on Wall Street | LEESEAN.NET

My audio slideshow of the protest on Wall Street on September 25, 2008.

They might not have been called "tea parties" because they werent well organized, but dont dare pretend that people all of a sudden got up and started protesting the bailouts the minute Obama got into the White House. And yes, there were PLENTY more previously.. but you can stick your head in the sand and pretend all of this protesting started with Obama "due to racism"...
Nah, that's a protest. Not a tea party protest.
Since you're up to date on this stuff, when did the right begin calling protests tea party protests?

OK, lies, I see your point. But me not being up to date on this tea party stuff, is my EXCUSE for not knowing when actual protests began. (call me out on anything you wish) you have before.
But, since 2 conservatives have joined in now, maybe you both can elaborate on how you think conservatives are calling themselves as such, when they were actually FOR BIG GOVERNMENT AND SPENDING BIG.

And, why are you dragging this racism stuff into this thread? It's not been mentioned here before, and I've never said the protesters were protesting because of racism. I think you're trying to jack the thread. Granted, there are people who might think that, but I do not.

The thing I don't understand is during the bush admin., there was spending, spending, spending, with no reconciliation. Now that a democrat is in the White House, all of a sudden republicans are against spending. I don't get it.

Old 01-08-2010, 06:53 AM

Quote:
So how did you get to your statement that the first was on April 15th?
The video is dated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies