U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2010, 07:26 AM

14,131 posts, read 26,998,917 times

Advertisements

I know we used to have a pretty large Irish problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2010, 07:35 AM

1,327 posts, read 3,336,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art123 View Post
Yes. A lot of the central Americans I work with do not care for Mexicans. They think they're too uppity or something.

Here in SC, the the minorities certainly do not have a monopoly on crime. There are plenty of poor white people robbing and killing here.

Same here in TN where I live. The population is mostly white, but the latinos are gaining. Most of the crimes are by the whites, especially drug related crimes.

Old 01-07-2010, 07:39 AM

15,062 posts, read 19,607,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
I am a minority and I just recently moved from Minneapolis, MN, a "diverse" city to Des Moines, IA, a not so diverse city and the difference is staggering!
The question should be:
Why does the media hate minorities so much (99% of the time only show crimes committed by minorities)

Old 01-07-2010, 07:54 AM

21,044 posts, read 19,501,319 times
Quote:
I am a minority and I just recently moved from Minneapolis, MN, a "diverse" city to Des Moines, IA, a not so diverse city and the difference is staggering!

Minneapolis is about three times the size of Des Moines but they had 4 murders so far in 2010, all involving minorities. Des Moines had 6 murders in 2009 and everybody involved was prosecuted.

Honestly, this was one of the best moves I could have made and I am happy to live in a city where most people respect each other and really care about their community. I still don't understand why minorities commit so much crime!
Bernie Madoff is a minority???!!!!

Old 01-07-2010, 07:57 AM

7,987 posts, read 11,193,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by idahogie View Post
I would guess that the poor commit a disproportionate amount of crime. And minorities make up a disproportionate fraction of the poor.
B.S.

That is saying poor people have no values. I know plenty of poor people that are honest and working hard to get ahead, not out committing crime.

Old 01-07-2010, 08:03 AM

3,634 posts, read 5,010,051 times
Quote:

Minneapolis is about three times the size of Des Moines but they had 4 murders so far in 2010, all involving minorities. Des Moines had 6 murders in 2009 and everybody involved was prosecuted.

Honestly, this was one of the best moves I could have made and I am happy to live in a city where most people respect each other and really care about their community. I still don't understand why minorities commit so much crime!
i'm a minority to...at least when i lived in Miami i was cuz im a white boy...lol

Old 01-07-2010, 11:28 AM

3,568 posts, read 3,268,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
B.S.

That is saying poor people have no values. I know plenty of poor people that are honest and working hard to get ahead, not out committing crime.
Bingo! When the recession hit in earnest the liberals predicted an increase in crime because poverty creates crime, don't you know? Guess what? Crime has actually fallen during the recession. Proof, once again, that correlation does not equal causation.

Old 01-07-2010, 11:40 AM

7,987 posts, read 11,193,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimMe View Post
Bingo! When the recession hit in earnest the liberals predicted an increase in crime because poverty creates crime, don't you know? Guess what? Crime has actually fallen during the recession. Proof, once again, that correlation does not equal causation.
Yep. Funny those facts are rarely, if ever, mentioned.

Old 01-07-2010, 11:42 AM

2,482 posts, read 8,030,078 times
Minorities don't commit the crime. Uneducated people commit the crime. And from one minority to another - you're being an as.shole.

Old 01-07-2010, 11:43 AM

13,180 posts, read 13,043,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by idahogie View Post
I would guess that the poor commit a disproportionate amount of crime. And minorities make up a disproportionate fraction of the poor.
Agreed. But that it to the next level.

What do you think is the underlying factor for being poor?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies