Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2012, 01:59 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,452,677 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle92 View Post
Unfortunately what racists have a short memory and a poor understanding of the cultural and historic forces that have resulted in most poor black men being behind bars. I will not list those reasons here, but I will invite those with intellectual curiosity and an open mind to seek out the relevant materials.
Ummmm, because they commit crimes? DUH!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2012, 02:02 PM

8,011 posts, read 11,403,086 times
sometimes when people have felonies,
they can't do anything but more crime
to get a dime. Seems like this would
be a no-brainer but maybe not. some
people just don't know what's going
on in the streets.

Old 03-26-2012, 04:52 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,057,151 times
Because racism and stereotypes are a white genetic trait.
Quote:
Originally Posted by elle92 View Post
A better question: why do whites try and use the fact that poor black men commit proportionately more crime given the size of the black population (12.5%) as an excuse to continue their racism against blacks as a whole? That's what this question is really about.

Why do minorities (read: black people) commit more crimes is a question that is all about confirming at long last the white racist belief that black people irredeemably bad, inferior and criminal. At the same time it's about proving that whites are inherently better and superior. If all blacks are basically bad, then it's only logical that a George Zimmerman would be justified in gunning down an innocent 17-year-old boy in the street. That kid is a future criminal and drain on society anyway. If blacks are basically bad, it only makes sense to put them in a ghetto and forget about them, deny them jobs, housing, etc. Why should we (whites) bother?

Unfortunately what racists have a short memory and a poor understanding of the cultural and historic forces that have resulted in most poor black men being behind bars. I will not list those reasons here, but I will invite those with intellectual curiosity and an open mind to seek out the relevant materials.

Old 03-26-2012, 05:03 PM

2,904 posts, read 6,916,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
Because racism and stereotypes are a white genetic trait.
Any proof or are you just a racist?

Old 03-26-2012, 06:51 PM

2,674 posts, read 4,393,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
I am a minority and I just recently moved from Minneapolis, MN, a "diverse" city to Des Moines, IA, a not so diverse city and the difference is staggering!

Minneapolis is about three times the size of Des Moines but they had 4 murders so far in 2010, all involving minorities. Des Moines had 6 murders in 2009 and everybody involved was prosecuted.

Honestly, this was one of the best moves I could have made and I am happy to live in a city where most people respect each other and really care about their community. I still don't understand why minorities commit so much crime!
Maybe correlate murder convictions with SES and you'll notice a positive correlation with lower income and murder.

I doubt if many well-off Black, Latino, Asian doctors/lawyers were convicted of murder.

So, many poorer people are more prone to commit murder, and minorities are more likely to be poor.

Last edited by GreyDay; 03-26-2012 at 07:02 PM..

Old 03-26-2012, 06:59 PM

6,391 posts, read 5,167,680 times
Why do MOST people commit crime. Because they never learned responsibility for their own actions, and they never learned respect for others.

Old 03-27-2012, 02:52 AM

29,094 posts, read 26,008,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_Carbonni View Post
Be honest here, by "minorities" you mean blacks and Latinos and maybe immigrant whites. I doubt you are referring to Asians and Jews with this post.

Now, why is the murder rate higher among minorities (as both perpetrators and victims)? Higher rates of poverty, "macho" culture, strong gang influence, distrust of the police, and higher unemployment (this is related to, but distinct from poverty in general).
I am white, and I distrust the police, I suppose you are referring to the near future when white people will be the minority in the United States.

Old 03-27-2012, 05:23 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,305,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
I am white, and I distrust the police, I suppose you are referring to the near future when white people will be the minority in the United States.
You are in the process of being assimilated,resistance is futile..

Old 03-27-2012, 07:38 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art123 View Post
I work with hispanic guys. Almost everyone of them could be considered racist. They do not care for el negroes very much - call them lazy.
True, they tend to be racist -- but their countries are the most dangerous countries, the homicide rates in Honduras, El Salvador are far higher than those of Barbados for example. Ciudad Juarez has a murder rate far higher than Detroit could ever have strived for.

Old 03-27-2012, 08:13 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,751,657 times
What ever happened with this....

James Brown I Don't Want Nobody To Give Me Nothing MDS 1969 - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies