Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2010, 12:50 PM

7,545 posts, read 8,323,020 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin13 View Post
Wow! Thanks for telling me that. I've only worked in the legal system for over 20 years now. LOL
Then you should know better to make such statements that just because she filed a lawsuit that she has "legitimate cause of action".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2010, 12:51 PM

3,857 posts, read 4,213,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatyousay View Post
Not sure where you're going with this.

I said, be it a civil or criminal trial because if there is a charge of battery, as another poster suggested there could be, it could be a criminal offense as well as a civil suit. Regardless, damages and restitution are not awarded until after the jury finds for the plaintiff (in a civil suit).
So far ONLY A CIVIL case has been filed. There have been absolutely no criminal charges filed by the prosecutor in that area against the doctors.

We are TALKING about two kinds of court cases. A civil case. A civil lawsuit has already been filed regarding this issue and was filed Dec. 15th. And you brought up the idea that there MAY BE a criminal case at some future time. TODAY, AT THIS TIME, there is no criminal case regarding this incident.

I don't believe I contended that damages would or could possibly be awarded PRIOR to a jury finding. However, the doctors and hospital could, indeed, settle the case with the woman by paying her a certain amount of money and the case would be over. YES, that's legal.

Old 01-07-2010, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatyousay View Post
Then you should know better to make such statements that just because she filed a lawsuit that she has "legitimate cause of action".
Ooops. That's legal language ......"cause of action." You can google it. If a judge determines that a lawsuit does not meet the cause of action requirement, then, I believe, that lawsuit is thrown out. That might be considered a frivolous lawsuit.

Old 01-07-2010, 12:54 PM

1,780 posts, read 2,351,681 times
I do think she has a legitimate case, but I am not sad to see her birthing days over. 9 kids and your on welfare?!? Lady its time to open a daycare and make some money. Our countries welfare program has made alot of people lazy. It is sad, because there are some people who actually need welfare and then there are alot of people like this lady who abuse it. These days its better to be flat broke than it is to work an honest living, they hand everything to you.

Old 01-07-2010, 12:56 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,568,901 times
What a stupid woman.

I have 100 percent ZEROOOOOOO feelings of sympathy for her.

To think MY HARDWORK TAX dollars are going to people like this!!!!

Old 01-07-2010, 01:00 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,054,326 times
So did they perform the operation without her consent? That is the only valid question IMO.

Old 01-07-2010, 01:02 PM

7,545 posts, read 8,323,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin13 View Post
Ooops. That's legal language ......"cause of action." You can google it. If a judge determines that a lawsuit does not meet the cause of action requirement, then, I believe, that lawsuit is thrown out. That might be considered a frivolous lawsuit.
Not to split hairs here, but a person can still file a complaint (lawsuit) for whatever they want to in this country. It's a right-to-sue country we live in. Just because the judge is allowing the lawsuit to continue does NOT prove her allegations. THAT's my point.

Old 01-07-2010, 01:04 PM

3,292 posts, read 4,472,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
So did they perform the operation without her consent? That is the only valid question IMO.
I dunno but if it was without her consent a lot of people seem really okay with it.

Old 01-07-2010, 01:05 PM

88,509 posts, read 84,673,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
Yes, and we should find that out so we can give those doctors a big gold star.

Old 01-07-2010, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
What a stupid woman.

I have 100 percent ZEROOOOOOO feelings of sympathy for her.

To think MY HARDWORK TAX dollars are going to people like this!!!!
Ahhh, liberalvoice, spoken like a true hardline Republican.

Stop and think for a minute. How much of YOUR money do you suppose has gone to support that woman? She gets public assistance for TWO children. That's it. TWO children. And she has seven others.

How much of our federal budget goes to welfare and social programs in this country? Btw, MOST of your hardwork tax dollars go to support those rich guys on wall street and the military industrial complex.......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies