Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2010, 02:55 PM

3,857 posts, read 4,209,307 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lights View Post
I don't have that problem because I kept my legs closed and worked for a living. I am tired of broodsows getting welfare and my partner who works but cannot afford insurance cannot even get a scrip for her seizure medicine. I'm tired of paying for women like this who make a career of popping out one after another. Sorry if that offends you.

This woman has no self-control and if she is too ignorant to know if she signed a consent form, then she should have a guardian. At 14 (oh and I didn't drop out to have a bastard) I could read a form and know whar I was signing. Hell I typed them up. She's smart enough to have a myspace page and sell Avon. Interesting. Well at least her fingers get exercise. That and another part of her body that helps make babies.

The difference is I was not taught that society owed me a damned thing. I was taught to work and I did--work this woman would never do. Hospice, nursing home, eldercare, deli, cashier, babysitter...So before you get uppity with me, my taxes are supporting people like this and I resent it.

When her mother had to take care of several, any subequent children should have been put up for adoption.
Ahhhh, so you have a complete inability to empathize, and you want everyone in the world to suffer because you have suffered, but you especially want people who are less fortunate than you to suffer more.

Let's see.....is there a term for that? Sociopath? No? What is it?

Your taxes are SUPPORTING A LOT OF THINGS.....including the wars in the Middle East, the rich guys on wall street, the military industrial complex, etc., etc. Do you even have a CLUE what percentage of tax money is spent on welfare and social programs? Of course you don't. I would suggest that you resent paying taxes at all. Hey, it's time to get over it. Get over your bitterness because you've had a hard life. Your hard life would not have been made one bit better if this woman had never received one penny of public assistance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2010, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
nine children with *at least* three different men (probably a lot more), now "a single mother". OMG, wonder what HER welfare check looks like every month. Probably a lot nicer than MY paltry $9 per hour job.

Dang, it! I could have just sat back with my legs spread, like her and made lots of money!

They should have sterilized her 8 kids ago. I wish i had her number, I'd send her a text too.

20yrsinBranson
She gets public assistance for TWO children. That's it. TWO children. Read the link in the first post.

So you think that public assistance for TWO children would provide a better lifestyle than your $9 per hour job does? Can you give us a link which would tell us how much $$$ is paid in assistance for two children?

Old 01-07-2010, 03:06 PM

6,022 posts, read 7,816,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
I think if she didn't consent to the procedure than that is a valid legal offense... Doctors cannot sterilize someone without consent, however its not "totally" irreversible considering it could be reattached or you can even have in-vitro fertilization... I think at this point her defense of wanting more kids is inexcusable... she says she doesn't want her kids to suffer but by having more kids with minimal finances is "suffering"... so when she says that, that's full of bull...
theres no child limit this isnt china

Old 01-07-2010, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom_c View Post
Joint Commission Standards for all surgical procedures must have documented informed consent. Procedures will not take place without a signed consent prior to arrival in the OR. Joint Commission Standards have required a "Time Out" before any procedure begins to double check that the consent is signed, it is the right procedure, it is the right site (left vs right, arm vs leg, etc), it is the right prep, it is the right anesthesia (local vs spinal vs general etc.), the right patient , and others.

The bottom line is the cascade of errors for this to have been done sans consent would be extreme. She would had this explained by a floor nurse, the surgeon, the primary physician, the OR circulating nurse. I'm not buying the no consent.
So what is your explanation for the hospital's letter stating that they cannot find a signed consent form for this surgery and therefore cannot produce the signed consent form? If the protocol is so stringent, why would the hospital then be so LAX regarding keeping the records? Doesn't make sense.

You do know that doctors most certainly have, in the past, made surgical mistakes and operated on the wrong people and in fact have amputated the wrong limbs?

Perhaps that what her lawyer meant when he said that there were so many failures which allowed this to happen.

Old 01-07-2010, 03:10 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,102,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom_c View Post
Joint Commission Standards for all surgical procedures must have documented informed consent. Procedures will not take place without a signed consent prior to arrival in the OR. Joint Commission Standards have required a "Time Out" before any procedure begins to double check that the consent is signed, it is the right procedure, it is the right site (left vs right, arm vs leg, etc), it is the right prep, it is the right anesthesia (local vs spinal vs general etc.), the right patient , and others.

The bottom line is the cascade of errors for this to have been done sans consent would be extreme. She would had this explained by a floor nurse, the surgeon, the primary physician, the OR circulating nurse. I'm not buying the no consent.
I agree. It is way more likely that she gave consent and the form was lost, than that they did the procedure w/o the signed form. Even for DH's knee surgery several people check with him about which knee, marked it, had him sign, double checked, triple checked...

Old 01-07-2010, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin13 View Post
So what is your explanation for the hospital's letter stating that they cannot find a signed consent form for this surgery and therefore cannot produce the signed consent form? If the protocol is so stringent, why would the hospital then be so LAX regarding keeping the records? Doesn't make sense.

You do know that doctors most certainly have, in the past, made surgical mistakes and operated on the wrong people and in fact have amputated the wrong limbs?

Perhaps that what her lawyer meant when he said that there were so many failures which allowed this to happen.
it is LOST. That is MY explanation, anyway. All it would take is a typo while scanning the form, and it would be lost.

Old 01-07-2010, 03:12 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,003,681 times
Savicki, whose children are aged 3 to 21, said she’s been unfairly judged. She says she had eight of her nine children while in committed relationships.

I suggest the other half of her committed relationships help pay for her decision to have such a large family, as well as herself. It is a shame that she expects to pull at the heart strings of society for such selfish acts. Obviously she received no direction from her own parents and sadly she probably will not provide direction for her own children. She will be on welfare most of her adult life - a sad scenario considering how many young poor women with one or two children try to work themselves off of the welfare system.

If the operation the doctors performed was in error - I think subconsciously it was not - and I for one would have assisted in the operation. That is one person I don't want to hear say "Oops, I did it again". The whole thing disgusts me.

Old 01-07-2010, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
would I have a valid lawsuit if I failed to understand every word of my real estate documents, but I signed them anyway? What is the point of having someone sign a form if they can come back later and say they didn't understand?
It would depend upon the circumstances I think. For the most part, if you are of average intelligence, and you are given a document to read and sign and you sign it saying that you understood what you signed, etc., etc., you're not going to get out of your contract.

I"m not a lawyer, but I think that signing a real estate document is a very different category than signing a consent form to be sterilized. And, yes, some people do come back and try to say they didn't understand what they signed. If this woman had, in fact, signed a consent form, and the hospital had that record which they could produce, the woman certainly would have a very difficult time trying to claim that she didn't understand what she signed and she really didn't mean to sign it.

The problem here is that so far THERE IS NO SIGNED CONSENT FORM. A legal document that important should not be lost. People given the responsibility of dealing with ORIGINAL documents like that should be well qualified to assume the responsiblity of NOT losing them. Such a loss could easily prove to be a very costly $$$$$ mistake for the business.

Old 01-07-2010, 03:19 PM

7,545 posts, read 8,312,931 times
Quote:
You misunderstood what I meant when I mentioned legitimate cause of action. My point was that the case has not been thrown out as a frivolous lawsuit at this time, so I am assuming that it is a NOT a frivolous lawsuit and therefore there must be legitimate questions of fact here.

I'm not saying at all that people can't file lawsuits.......they can, as far as I know. The question is whether or not you have a legally sufficient cause of action. If you don't, the case would be thrown out. If you do, it will proceed. This case has not been thrown out. That seems to mean that there are legitimate questions of fact here which may need to be decided by a jury.
No, I fully understand. What I disagree with you on is your assumption that the doctor and hospital are guilty for the mere fact that the judge allowed the suit to proceed. There is NO assumption of guilt by simply allowing a case to proceed. If that were the case, why proceed to trial? That also does NOT mean that this case isn't in fact frivolous. Are you telling me that all frivolous lawsuits are thrown out prior to trial? Hahaha, no, they are not.

Innocent until proven otherwise in a court of law.

Perhaps we should look up the actual complaint filed in the circuit clerk of courts.

Do you perchance work for the ACLU?

Old 01-07-2010, 03:21 PM

Quote:
It would depend upon the circumstances I think. For the most part, if you are of average intelligence, and you are given a document to read and sign and you sign it saying that you understood what you signed, etc., etc., you're not going to get out of your contract.

I"m not a lawyer, but I think that signing a real estate document is a very different category than signing a consent form to be sterilized. And, yes, some people do come back and try to say they didn't understand what they signed. If this woman had, in fact, signed a consent form, and the hospital had that record which they could produce, the woman certainly would have a very difficult time trying to claim that she didn't understand what she signed and she really didn't mean to sign it.

The problem here is that so far THERE IS NO SIGNED CONSENT FORM. A legal document that important should not be lost. People given the responsibility of dealing with ORIGINAL documents like that should be well qualified to assume the responsiblity of NOT losing them. Such a loss could easily prove to be a very costly $$$$$ mistake for the business.
but it COULD be and probably was. Are you perfect? Have you never lost a piece of paper or typed the wrong letter? You obviously have had a personal experience like this, and your opinion is based on that. It is not logical to say the doctors made a mistake but not admit that the file clerk could have made one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies