Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2010, 08:26 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,148,897 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Personal freedom without personal responsibility? Why are the two no longer linked? I know your question wasn't directed at me --- but I would have preferred this woman took care of her children and herself. Had she had to do so I bet she would have married one of her boyfriends, be getting child support from them and most likely would have stopped at three children.
That sounds like a big YES.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2010, 08:28 AM

3,857 posts, read 4,214,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Oh god.. she's been popping them out since the age of 14...

I do wonder though how someone who receives "a dozen of nasty text messages" gets another story written about her in the news...

Someone looking for her 15 minutes of publicity?
"looking for her 15 minutes of publicity"..........could you POSSIBLY be more shallow if you tried a little harder?

Old 01-07-2010, 08:28 AM

5,660 posts, read 5,087,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin13 View Post
I can't help but wonder if this same sort of malpractice would have happened to someone with financial resources and health insurance......hmmmmmm
That would be the type of person who takes some personal responsibility for their life - which she obviously does not. Much easier to just suck at the public teat!

Old 01-07-2010, 08:30 AM

8,185 posts, read 12,637,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
That sounds like a big YES.

No that wasn't a big yes. That was a big 'what is her responsibility to her own children and life choices?' One unplanned pregnancy can happen to anyone. Two? Well, it happens... Three -- now its a lifestyle choice. She choose to have as many children as she possibly could. The real question is 'would she have done so if she and she alone were financially responsible for every child after the third one? AND if all benefits expired after the third one reached kindergarten? AND if she were expected to repay whatever the state spent on her?'

Abortions? No, she would have learned how to use the pill.

Old 01-07-2010, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
That would be the type of person who takes some personal responsibility for their life - which she obviously does not. Much easier to just suck at the public teat!
Didnt answer the question.

Old 01-07-2010, 08:32 AM

5,660 posts, read 5,087,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Didnt answer the question.
Then I'll respond by saying you're comparing apples and oranges. Make a fair comparison and we can continue.

Old 01-07-2010, 08:33 AM

9,367 posts, read 25,208,767 times
I wonder how she knew that she had been sterilized?

Old 01-07-2010, 08:34 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,660,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HIF View Post
I wonder how she knew that she had been sterilized?
The aftercare for a tubal ligation vs. an IUD insertion is pretty different.

3,857 posts, read 4,214,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGACK View Post
Public backlash stuns sterilized mother of nine - BostonHerald.com

I have absolutely no sympathy for this woman.
It's NOT about sympathy! Duh!

It's about Medical Malpractice. If there is no written consent form signed by that woman for that procedure on file, then SOMEBODY IS IN TROUBLE.

Since it appears that a medical malpractice lawsuit has been filed, the answer to that question should be forthcoming very soon via discovery.

Interesting how you diverted the real issue of doctors performing the wrong surgery, or simply unauthorized surgery/procedure, on someone into a story about a WOMAN who is on welfare and has had lots of children......and her morals or lack thereof. Nothing about the morals or incompetency of the doctors involved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
No that wasn't a big yes. That was a big 'what is her responsibility to her own children and life choices?' One unplanned pregnancy can happen to anyone. Two? Well, it happens... Three -- now its a lifestyle choice. She choose to have as many children as she possibly could. The real question is 'would she have done so if she and she alone were financially responsible for every child after the third one? AND if all benefits expired after the third one reached kindergarten? AND if she were expected to repay whatever the state spent on her?'

Abortions? No, she would have learned how to use the pill.
No, the "real question" is the one I asked, not a "what if" scenario.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies