Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2010, 12:48 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,841,447 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BergenCountyJohnny View Post
Like who??? Neo-nazis and skinheads??? What white people are affected by racism??? We're helped by racism against others far more than the rare, rare occasion any of us is adversely affected by racism against us.

That's because the only time ever in this nation's history when "white" people are lumped together as one big group is when they form racist groups like the neo-nazis, KKK, and other white supermacist groups.

On the other hand, there is nothing wrong with Italian-American pride, Irish-American pride, etc. Furthermore, many, if not most, white ethnicities have been the targets of racism but not because they were white but rather because of their particular racism. The Italians, for example, were targeted by the other whites in America when they started coming in droves. They were called guineas, wops, ginzos, degos, etc. and plenty of people have stood up for them.

If anyone uses the N word it's a problem, the exception being blacks, and even then it's a problem for them to use the word. I know of someone who was black and fired from work for using the N word at work.

White people do get offended and rightfully so when they are attacked, it's just that they're mostly attacked on their ethnicity than on just being "white".

Beyond that is the reality that most of the offensive talk against whites almost never translates to a real discrimination, whereas that kind of talk against blacks and hispanics usually comes with some form of other discrimination such as denying them a job, business, loans, etc. That's the reality, and if you don't know that then you're out of touch with reality.

That's why if I go car shopping and the car salesman calls me a "white boy" I know it's not going to affect my ability to buy a car, even with a sup-par credit score, because someone will approve me for a loan, but a black person who gets called the N word by a white car salesman is being told that he is basically trying to treat that black person the way they were treated for years in this nation, when they could be denied anything just for being black. If you don't understand this, then you are either very ignorant or you're just ignoring the reality to push some kind of agenda you have.
I actually answered this but kinda felt it was pointless. I will only add that no one should be using the n word.

If we want to get rid of racism we have to be able to take a joke but we have to clean up our own races before we expect another race to not be racist

Old 01-07-2010, 01:48 PM

4,085 posts, read 8,783,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
I actually answered this but kinda felt it was pointless. I will only add that no one should be using the n word.

If we want to get rid of racism we have to be able to take a joke but we have to clean up our own races before we expect another race to not be racist
Actually, you never answered it, but my guess is that you never had a rational answer.

Yes, nobody should use the n word, I never said anyone should, so now you're arguing against things that were never stated.

So tell me, are you supportive of White Power?

Old 01-07-2010, 01:56 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
It's all in good fun, right?
I would say, yes, I also didn't find it all the biased...We all need to learn to relax and not get all worked up over everything..

Nita

Old 01-07-2010, 02:14 PM

20,454 posts, read 12,372,428 times
LOL! Let me get this right. Australians are suppose to insure advertisements in Australia do not offend Americans.

PC meets Jingoism? Hmmmm isn’t it the PC crowd that most loudly decries American Jingoism?

Old 01-07-2010, 02:18 PM

58,958 posts, read 27,267,735 times
You can't have it both ways. The National Assoc for the Advvancement of Colored People have clamored for more blacks in TV, movies, commercials, hiring etc. So a company uses blacks in a commercial and you complain. Let's not hire blacks and see the backlash.

Old 01-07-2010, 02:21 PM

3,100 posts, read 3,300,646 times
I haven't heard any black people here in the states complaining about this, only white Americans. So why the backlash saying black people are too sensitive?

Old 01-07-2010, 02:31 PM

217 posts, read 806,091 times
hahaha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJ4B7...eature=related

Old 01-07-2010, 02:34 PM

6,022 posts, read 7,825,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moo Du Kwan View Post
whats so funny

Old 01-07-2010, 02:42 PM

153 posts, read 103,775 times
lol i love dave chappelle. and i didnt find that ad racist at all. hell the white guy was the only minority in the room. what do you expect when you pull out fried chicken in a room full of black ppl?

Old 01-07-2010, 02:44 PM

15,446 posts, read 21,341,511 times
Since this thread is in a political forum, I wonder if Obama likes fried chicken?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies