U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-07-2010, 01:53 PM
 
Location: Oklahoma City
759 posts, read 707,470 times
Reputation: 238

Advertisements

The majority of Americans are moderates. The majority of Americans all came to the conclusion that W was a huge mistake. That is not a liberal or conservative perspective. That is reality my friend.

quote=whatyousay;12341548]You are talking from the perspective of someone who never supported Bush or any republican. The people who slammed him for Iraq, gitmo, katrina were never the ones who supported him in the first place... hence, were never included in positive polling. He lost favorability with his base for his spending.[/quote]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-07-2010, 01:53 PM
 
Location: PA
5,560 posts, read 4,963,107 times
Reputation: 1945
Quote:
Originally Posted by okccowboy View Post
W expanded the Federal Government more than any President before him. Bush also doubled the Federal debt. The cumulative debt of the United States under Bush in the last 8 completed fiscal years was approximately $4.3 trillion, or about 43% of the total national debt of ~$10.0 trillion as of September 2008. Where were the tea partiers then? I guess if Obama were a white Republican there would be no tea parties.

They were all at the ron paul rallies for freedom, getting him on the ballots and trying to save the nation.
You were to busy watching Bush do it and Obama continuing it to actually care either way.
Which shows me you have no idea what in the world you are taking about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-07-2010, 01:56 PM
 
2,542 posts, read 3,614,293 times
Reputation: 994
Default Facts..

Quote:
Originally Posted by okccowboy View Post
The majority of Americans are moderates. The majority of Americans all came to the conclusion that W was a huge mistake. That is not a liberal or conservative perspective. That is reality my friend.

quote=whatyousay;12341548]You are talking from the perspective of someone who never supported Bush or any republican. The people who slammed him for Iraq, gitmo, katrina were never the ones who supported him in the first place... hence, were never included in positive polling. He lost favorability with his base for his spending.
[/quote]

Get your facts straight. You must be talking from a Barry "O" talk sheet.

PRINCETON, NJ -- Thus far in 2009, 40% of Americans interviewed in national Gallup Poll surveys describe their political views as conservative, 35% as moderate, and 21% as liberal. This represents a slight increase for conservatism in the U.S. since 2008, returning it to a level last seen in 2004. The 21% calling themselves liberal is in line with findings throughout this decade, but is up from the 1990s.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-07-2010, 02:03 PM
 
2 posts, read 1,755 times
Reputation: 11
The tea party movement first started in 2007 under Ron Paul's presidential bid. The reason the tea party's are more popular now is because the housing market has crashed (and is going to crash even more), real U6 unemployment rates at 21%, the stock market has crashed. It's surely awaken some people. If Bush was serving his 3rd term there would be tea parties just the same. Once we experience the currency collapse then you'll really see some fireworks. Doesn't matter who's in the white house. People are mad at the Government. Republicans and Democrats are just two heads from the same beast.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-07-2010, 02:05 PM
 
6,013 posts, read 6,903,520 times
Reputation: 740
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyandJusticeforAll View Post
They were all at the ron paul rallies for freedom, getting him on the ballots and trying to save the nation.
You were to busy watching Bush do it and Obama continuing it to actually care either way.
Which shows me you have no idea what in the world you are taking about.

who are they? paul was unelectable at the time....a supporter even ask him to run as an independent
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-07-2010, 02:08 PM
 
6,013 posts, read 6,903,520 times
Reputation: 740
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanneldwarf View Post
The tea party movement first started in 2007 under Ron Paul's presidential bid. The reason the tea party's are more popular now is because the housing market has crashed (and is going to crash even more), real U6 unemployment rates at 21%, the stock market has crashed. It's surely awaken some people. If Bush was serving his 3rd term there would be tea parties just the same. .

i disagree.. you got people saying the teaparties were in fact protesting against bush, you say it came outta ron pauls presidential bid, another says it comes form libertarians

make up your minds, bottom line the tea party could have been out in force around the time of the bush bailouts and hading all the money to aig etc but nothey kept silent
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-07-2010, 02:15 PM
 
9,742 posts, read 9,307,871 times
Reputation: 2049
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanneldwarf View Post
The tea party movement first started in 2007 under Ron Paul's presidential bid. The reason the tea party's are more popular now is because the housing market has crashed (and is going to crash even more), real U6 unemployment rates at 21%, the stock market has crashed. It's surely awaken some people. If Bush was serving his 3rd term there would be tea parties just the same. Once we experience the currency collapse then you'll really see some fireworks. Doesn't matter who's in the white house. People are mad at the Government. Republicans and Democrats are just two heads from the same beast.
The tea partiers say differently. They're complaining about taxes, not housing or jobs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-07-2010, 02:19 PM
 
69,372 posts, read 55,346,365 times
Reputation: 9358
Quote:
Originally Posted by city414 View Post
the tea party could have been out in force around the time of the bush bailouts and hading all the money to aig etc but nothey kept silent
They only kept silent to those who have their ears and eyes closed for the truth.. To the rest of us who know better, the tea party protesters have been around for a very long time..

Last edited by pghquest; 01-07-2010 at 02:30 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-07-2010, 02:23 PM
 
2,560 posts, read 5,165,945 times
Reputation: 960
Quote:
Originally Posted by okccowboy View Post
Afghanistan was the home of the Taliban who assisted/trained those who attacked us on 9/11. That said I do not think Afghanistan is a winnable war either. We should pull our troops out and bring them home.
It's certainly refreshing to know that you would rather fight terrorists in OKC than in the Middle East. Make sure "your" war stays in your half of the state!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-07-2010, 02:26 PM
 
2,560 posts, read 5,165,945 times
Reputation: 960
[quote=okccowboy;12341633]The majority of Americans are moderates.



Which majority is that? The majority of Dems or the majority of illegals??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:41 PM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top