Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2010, 02:31 PM

2,557 posts, read 5,858,867 times

Advertisements

Bush lost credibility with me when he told his "new democratic congress," "I'll give you everything you want."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2010, 02:38 PM

6,022 posts, read 7,826,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
They only kept silent to those who have their ears and eyes closed for the truth.. To the rest of us who know better, the tea party protesters have been around for a very long time..
its kinda hypocritical for certain mainstream news outlets to give em shine now i suppose

Old 01-07-2010, 02:39 PM

2,361 posts, read 2,535,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okiegirlfriend View Post
Bush lost credibility with me when he told his "new democratic congress," "I'll give you everything you want."
When did he say this? I'm curious.

I'll wait.

Old 01-07-2010, 03:03 PM

757 posts, read 802,678 times
Oddly enough your OWN source states that historically most most Americans ARE moderates. Even as recently as 2005, 2006 . There was a 3 point increase between 2008 and 2009. It was only in 2009 they surpassed moderates by 4%

Conservatives Finish 2009 as No. 1 Ideological Group

Get your facts straight. You must be talking from a Barry "O" talk sheet.

PRINCETON, NJ -- Thus far in 2009, 40% of Americans interviewed in national Gallup Poll surveys describe their political views as conservative, 35% as moderate, and 21% as liberal. This represents a slight increase for conservatism in the U.S. since 2008, returning it to a level last seen in 2004. The 21% calling themselves liberal is in line with findings throughout this decade, but is up from the 1990s.[/quote]

Old 01-07-2010, 03:12 PM

4,085 posts, read 8,783,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
I believe if you pull out a world map, and find Iraq, and then look at its relative juxtaposition to world affairs, I believe you will recognize why the United States wanted a presence in Iraq. Do I believe that Saddam was an imminent threat? Not necessarily. But I do believe that stratgically, when you look at the geographic location of Iraq, and its proximity to our stated enemies, it makes perfect sense to be there. We will always have an ally in Iraq in a strategic part of the world because of GWB.
This is so irrational on so many levels I don't know where to begin...

For one thing, at the time of the Iraq war being started, we had a bigger problem with Al Qaeda and Bin Laden who were, or SHOULD HAVE BEEN the priorities. Iraq was a non-issue. They weren't threatening us, they had no part in 9/11, they weren't harboring Al Qaeda or any terrorist or jihadist groups (Saddam was a dictator and hated those groups, he didn't tolerate them at all). So Bush lied, and lied and lied. First he tried to link 9/11 to Iraq, but then everyone realized that Saddam, as evil as he may have been, didn't like or harbor or help terrorist groups. So then Bush concocted the "Weapons of Mass Destruction" lie, and he pushed it and pushed it and scared everyone with his boogieman threats and used his leverage in the wake of 9/11 (the people had basically given him carte-blanche to do whatever he wants) to get support, and he went to war with Iraq.

So, GWB didn't go about relations with Iraq in a good way at all, but in the most costly way possible.

As for "strategic location", why don't YOU look at a map and see that Iraq is right in the middle of Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Israel, and Turkey, all of which provide the US a strategic presence in the entire area. We don't need to be in every single nation in the area. Furthermore, Syria always allows the US to use their airspace and bases and so does Jordan and Lebanon. But that aside, the US has huge presence in the area, we didn't need Iraq.

Man, Bush-worshipers will come up with any excuse to protect their boy, no matter how irrational.

Old 01-07-2010, 03:18 PM

5,872 posts, read 8,090,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by okccowboy View Post
W expanded the Federal Government more than any President before him. Bush also doubled the Federal debt. The cumulative debt of the United States under Bush in the last 8 completed fiscal years was approximately $4.3 trillion, or about 43% of the total national debt of ~$10.0 trillion as of September 2008. Where were the tea partiers then? I guess if Obama were a white Republican there would be no tea parties.
first of all...Bush more than QUADRUPLED the budget. Second, they were the one's yelling that to question a sitting president was tantamount to treason, and that you those that did question should "Love it or leave it!"

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies