U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2010, 03:36 PM

15,254 posts, read 16,842,706 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
I actually thought he did well. He is taken full responsibility and understands that it is his job to keep us safe.

If he is in fact sincere, then I actually believe he did well in making his statements.

Since you made your comment I will now state mine.

Anyone who takes full responsibility like he did ( and he is totally responsible to keep us safe ) knows that when and if something does happen he is still going to be held responsible. Obama knows that and hopefully will have everyone on their toes and doing their jobs because if they are not, he will get the full blame.

I was actually impressed with his words. Now we can wait and see if he is and was sincere about his words.
Before this thread takes the typical turn for the worse, thank you.

Now, if Sanrene turns up and says the same thing, call 911. It will mean something serious has seriously gone awry in the universe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2010, 03:37 PM

4,085 posts, read 7,673,578 times
Anti-Obama people are such a bunch of liars they'll just make up more lies to smear him.

Old 01-07-2010, 03:53 PM

31,385 posts, read 32,111,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post

Now, if Sanrene turns up and says the same thing, call 911. It will mean something serious has seriously gone awry in the universe.
I would expect Dick Cheney to appear before Sanrene.

Old 01-07-2010, 03:58 PM

10,946 posts, read 8,260,205 times
This was a good first step and taking responsibility demonstrates that President Obama realizes that just rhetoric is not going to cut it.

I applaud the statement but let's see the follow through.

Old 01-07-2010, 03:59 PM

10,946 posts, read 8,260,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BergenCountyJohnny View Post
Anti-Obama people are such a bunch of liars they'll just make up more lies to smear him.
No one has acted thusly, but you appear to be inviting this action.

Old 01-07-2010, 04:14 PM

8,640 posts, read 7,981,206 times
I was SHOCKED when I heard hussein obama finally take prsonal responsibility without mentioning Bush once! Shocked Shocked Shocked! Is he finally growing up? Is he finally becoming a man? Is he finally becoming a leader? Almost but not quite. Heads must roll and the dunce he appointed to head-up Homeland Security should be fired. She has proved to be worthless again and again.

Old 01-07-2010, 04:16 PM

1,512 posts, read 983,673 times
[ PADCRASHER SAID:
[BTW that poll was taken after the health care vote and after the inept attempted bombing that got all the right wingers hysterical with fear...... Explain that poor babies? ][/quote]

Why did Obama speak today if not to address this same inept attempt? You make it sound like the bomber was a cartoon character and anyone being fearful after such an attempt are babies. I had to fly right after this happened, and will again on the 15th, and I will be grateful for the beefed-up security. Was it only rightwingers "hysterical" with fear?

Last edited by lizjo; 01-07-2010 at 04:17 PM.. Reason: supply poster's name

Old 01-07-2010, 04:18 PM

8,640 posts, read 7,981,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizjo View Post
[ PADCRASHER SAID:
[BTW that poll was taken after the health care vote and after the inept attempted bombing that got all the right wingers hysterical with fear...... Explain that poor babies? ]
Why did Obama speak today if not to address this same inept attempt? You make it sound like the bomber was a cartoon character and anyone being fearful after such an attempt are babies. I had to fly right after this happened, and will again on the 15th, and I will be grateful for the beefed-up security. Was it only rightwingers "hysterical" with fear?[/quote]

Hysterical? They are not hysterical. They just want to assure their family is safe. Also the right is not as fond of terrorist and death as the left seems to be.

Old 01-07-2010, 04:26 PM

20,368 posts, read 13,888,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tb4000 View Post
Quoted directly from his earlier discussion about the recent airplane issue. Now how will they spin this one in order to make it sound like he's not owning up to anything this time?
He just sent, or allowed John Brennen to go out there to take the blame for the failure.

"The president has told us that we must do better," Brennan said. "I told the president today, I let him down. I am the president's assistant for homeland security and counterterrorism, and I told him that I will do better and we will do better as a team."

Its all well and good to say you accept full responsibility, but it seems disingenuous when a low level adviser is sent to the microphones and cameras to claim he is taking the blame.

Old 01-07-2010, 04:27 PM

14,131 posts, read 27,101,754 times
Cheap throwaway line. It's meaningless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies