Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2010, 06:11 PM

1,773 posts, read 1,261,382 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post

Secondly why on earth do they even screen Older men, women and children? When was the last time a terrorist was an old man, a woman or a teenager?
LOL, what?? You must realize that teenagers are being recruited at a rapid rate, even younger than that. And women? You have noted the number of suicide bombers that have been women, yes? As far as old men, how old is old? You can be any age to be a terrorist, remember that man who shot up the Holocaust Museum? He was 89, he just died.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2010, 06:22 PM

7,545 posts, read 8,304,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Lets Pat Obama on the back and give him a good boy for doing something hes suppose to do.

I am glad to see hes finally realized he cant keep blaming others.
Hahaha no doubt. But why such praise for him? He said exactly what he should be saying. Let's not get all giddy and act like schoolgirls because he, for once, is accepting the heat.

Old 01-07-2010, 06:41 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,408,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wedjat View Post
LOL, what?? You must realize that teenagers are being recruited at a rapid rate, even younger than that. And women? You have noted the number of suicide bombers that have been women, yes? As far as old men, how old is old? You can be any age to be a terrorist, remember that man who shot up the Holocaust Museum? He was 89, he just died.
I know teenagers are being recruited. I'm not talking about terrorist activities in the Middle East. I'm talking about them HERE. I don't recall any female suicide bomber that made it on to U.S. soil.

Old 01-07-2010, 07:19 PM

3,566 posts, read 3,723,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tb4000 View Post
Quoted directly from his earlier discussion about the recent airplane issue. Now how will they spin this one in order to make it sound like he's not owning up to anything this time?
He almost got 300 people killed. If he truly accepted responsibility he'd resign.

Old 01-07-2010, 07:25 PM

31,387 posts, read 36,942,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimMe View Post
He almost got 300 people killed. If he truly accepted responsibility he'd resign.
Well of course you are right. Had Obama simply sat at his desk and reviewed the passenger list of all incoming flights, compared those names with those in the NCTC data base, then once discovering Abdulmatallab had boarded a flight in Nigeria, gotten into Air Force One, stripped the weapon off of one of his security detail and marched into the airport placing Mr. Abdulmatallab in custody none of this would have happened.

Old 01-07-2010, 07:39 PM

5,319 posts, read 8,960,511 times
Quote:
If you think that about Obama .... what do you feel about Bush?

Bush received a Presidential Daily Briefing (PDB) from CIA Director George Tenet on August 6, 2001 - just 4 weeks before 9/11.

Read it for yourself:

August 6 PDB Page 1

August 6 PDB Page 2

More than 3,000 people WERE killed on 9/11.

Should Bush have resigned?

Old 01-07-2010, 07:43 PM
j33

4,626 posts, read 14,053,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
LOL you just reminded me of the last time I flew. I am your average white woman who was pulled out of line to be "checked" They wanded me but here comes the funny part. It was summer so I was wearing sandles. They wanded my bare feet for at least a full three minutes going all around them again and again. I finally said "What the h*ll do you think you are going to find? You can see my whole feet with or without your wand!. Are you guys just plain nuts or just trying to waste time?" Unbelieveable!
Perhaps it was because they caught wind of of the mean spirited right-wing drivel you spout on the internet and decided to have a bit of fun.

Nice status by the way, wishing death on another human being. How very "Christian" of you.

Old 01-07-2010, 07:50 PM

1,773 posts, read 1,261,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
I know teenagers are being recruited. I'm not talking about terrorist activities in the Middle East. I'm talking about them HERE. I don't recall any female suicide bomber that made it on to U.S. soil.
Does it really matter? It can only happen w/time. Why be so lax about it? Do you want that type of terrorism here?

Quote:
LOL, now THAT is funny.

Old 01-07-2010, 07:57 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,390,713 times
Seemed convincing, although i am sure he knows what he is doing. Funny that he now accepts the blame.

Old 01-07-2010, 08:02 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,506,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tb4000 View Post
Quoted directly from his earlier discussion about the recent airplane issue. Now how will they spin this one in order to make it sound like he's not owning up to anything this time?

Because he keeps saying it was a system problem from the last administration. So .."I inherited" this is still out there....AGAIN!

Because he says we're at war, but does not treat captured foes as warriors. He treats them as American citizens.

Need I go on??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies