U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2010, 05:35 PM

3,391 posts, read 4,225,444 times

Advertisements

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pO1oJPps1I

It appears even the more left-leaning news outlets are catching on to this farce.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2010, 05:42 PM

41,314 posts, read 39,485,841 times
This was priceless.

Old 01-07-2010, 05:48 PM

CBS has come out against this "open-ness" as well. It stinks. I didn't vote for Obama but there were some things that he said that I liked, REALLY liked and hoped that would happen. The lack of lobbyists in high positions, the transparency of government, the airing of health care debates on C-SPAN. None of it was true, and the fact is things are less transparent than ever. Just another lie from another politician. And before you Democrats bash me, the Republicans have lied plenty in the past too; but it appears that Obama and the Democrats in Congress/Senate are just "meet the new boss, same as the old boss," and even worse than past administrations.

Lies, lies, bribery, and more lies...

Old 01-07-2010, 05:50 PM

9,644 posts, read 8,583,059 times
I have watched this several times

Old 01-07-2010, 05:58 PM

22,243 posts, read 15,260,971 times
Cafferty is absolutely wrong on this. The Dems will work out the differences in their bill. Whether that's on TV, middle of Times Square or amongst a few of their leaders in a closed room, makes absolutely no difference. Cafferty and others are just angry that they won't have sound bites to pick out and opine about, giving them fodder for their daily ratings boost. The bill will be merged, we will all be able to see it, talk about it, watch it being passed in the House and the Senate and watch it be signed into law by the President. So you don't need to watch CNN or FOX or whatever, I just gave you the big scoop. So just go back to "Real Housewives" or "Survival, Montana" and don't worry about it. Cafferety, sometimes I like him, then sometimes, he's just another idiot.

Old 01-07-2010, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Cafferty is absolutely wrong on this. The Dems will work out the differences in their bill. Whether that's on TV, middle of Times Square or amongst a few of their leaders in a closed room, makes absolutely no difference. Cafferty and others are just angry that they won't have sound bites to pick out and opine about, giving them fodder for their daily ratings boost. The bill will be merged, we will all be able to see it, talk about it, watch it being passed in the House and the Senate and watch it be signed into law by the President. So you don't need to watch CNN or FOX or whatever, I just gave you the big scoop. So just go back to "Real Housewives" or "Survival, Montana" and don't worry about it. Cafferety, sometimes I like him, then sometimes, he's just another idiot.
Your spin is showing; I'm not some right-wing hack job that cavorts and dances for the Republicans, in fact I am not a Republican. I've supported Obama when he is right and condemned him when I think he is wrong. I didn't like Bush, nor did I vote for a single Republican in the last election. Cafferty is spot on here. There is not ONE THING he said that was innacurate, not ONE SINGLE THING. The administration and the Democrats in congress and the senate should be starting to realize that once you begin to suppress the freedom of the press, they will turn on you fast. Heck, I even recall that there was an attempt by the administration several months back where they were trying to keep Fox News out of press conferences and all of the media outlets, ALL of them stepped up and said that this was not right and supported Fox News. Your blind following of anything that the Democrats and the administration do and full support when they fail miserably is simply stunning.

Old 01-07-2010, 06:18 PM

22,243 posts, read 15,260,971 times
Just realistic.

Old 01-07-2010, 06:19 PM

Yes, he is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or