U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2010, 10:20 AM

20,339 posts, read 13,833,043 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovert View Post
A poster once wrote they were turned off by one of the threads I started because I referred to the Big O as Barry.

Since when did Barry become an insulting slur. That is the nickname people used for him as he was growing up.

Now I understand his opponents often use his middle name Hussein to inflame anti-Arab/Muslim and xenophobic sentiment.

Yes, it is used as a veiled way of saying that "boy" has no business being in the position he is in. But the fact of the matter is that IS HIS NAME. Its part of who he is.

People who cringe when they hear Hussein do say because they've been bombarded with negative imagery of radical Islamic terrorists, Kenyan births and a negro army and what not.

These are the very people that need to be bombarded with facts about our President. His name is Barack Hussein Obama. He sometimes goes by the nickname of Barry. This does not diminish him as an American citizen or as our President.
Both references to 0bama as "Barry" or "Hussein" are just in-your-face reminders that this man child has routinely been ashamed of his name. He went by Barry because he was ashamed of Barack, he shunned the name Hussein because he was ashamed of his family's Muslim faith.

The 0bama fans hate it, but its just a way of reminding them what a pathetic, empty suit this man is. even at his age, he still has issues with his name.

Old 01-12-2010, 10:43 AM

4,059 posts, read 3,879,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Both references to 0bama as "Barry" or "Hussein" are just in-your-face reminders that this man child has routinely been ashamed of his name. He went by Barry because he was ashamed of Barack, he shunned the name Hussein because he was ashamed of his family's Muslim faith.

The 0bama fans hate it, but its just a way of reminding them what a pathetic, empty suit this man is. even at his age, he still has issues with his name.
And James Carter went by "Jimmy" because he is ashamed of his name. And Bill Clinton is ashamed of "William".

Get over it. "Barry" is simply a nickname.

And don't you love it? It goes from "he's a Muslim" to "he's ashamed of his family's Muslim faith".

Old 01-12-2010, 11:03 AM

10,946 posts, read 8,233,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wedjat View Post
Apparently you don't notice the irony in your very own posts? Oh dear.
Perhaps in your effort to disclaim truth you call it irony...

Old 01-12-2010, 11:32 AM

1,773 posts, read 1,012,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Predos View Post
Perhaps in your effort to disclaim truth you call it irony...
No, I don't think so. Although I got a good laugh out of you using the word "truth" in reference to that users posts, thanks!

Old 01-12-2010, 11:52 AM

10,946 posts, read 8,233,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wedjat View Post
No, I don't think so. Although I got a good laugh out of you using the word "truth" in reference to that users posts, thanks!
As I equally get a chuckle out of your views on the truth....

Old 01-12-2010, 11:56 AM

1,773 posts, read 1,012,799 times
Quote:
As I equally get a chuckle out of your views on the truth....
Cool!

Old 01-12-2010, 12:28 PM

5,155 posts, read 4,654,879 times
Have any of you guys considered forming a political comedy duo or ensemble. You guys really play off each other very well.

Who needs Maher or Stewart when ya got the Kings of Da' CD Political Forum (PS, I accept cash, credit or check for the copyrighting, I may be a leftie, but I ain't no frickin' commie).

Old 01-12-2010, 12:35 PM

26,202 posts, read 18,898,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
Oh bite me.
hehe, the lefties are melting down over the name barry. good times

Old 01-12-2010, 12:42 PM

85 posts, read 97,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
hehe, the lefties are melting down over the name barry. good times
That is because it interrupts that good ole tingly feeling they had running up their leg.

Old 01-12-2010, 05:12 PM

27,236 posts, read 41,282,124 times
Quote:
Riiiiighttttt. You never spoke to crewmates except in the line of duty. How long did you serve? You must have had a really good time of it.
I was offered an opportunity to get out early after Desert Storm was over, and I took it.

However, I have always been a loner. I used to stand on the fantail off duty, and just watch the wake as the ship cruised through the water. I didn't really care to spend time with other people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies