Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2010, 09:27 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,845,032 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BergenCountyJohnny View Post
So, what you're saying is that you're not buying the reason that they called the tea bag people "teabaggers" because they were sending tea bags to Washington, and that their intention was clearly to be insulting by tying them to a sex act (which is not a gay-only sex act, by the way), but you expect everyone to buy the reason for you and others calling President Obama "hussein" (and I notice the non-capitalization of the name, which is further insulting) is simply because it's his name and not meant to be insulting at all???

Are you serious or are you lying?
Is Obama insulting himself when he uses his own middle name? Did he insult himself when he used it to get sworn in?

What is insulting is those that are trying to make using a persons middle name mean an insult

heck Obama has joked about his middle name

Lighten up and relax its just not that serious

Old 01-08-2010, 09:37 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,572,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
What makes them not decent?

I mean really why is this white house and those in dc making comments about people taking advantage of their right to protest.

Elected reps have no business saying those that attend tea parties are unAmerican and the other things thats been said about them
What makes them decent? Just because they are going out calling Obama a "Muslin" and comparing to Hitler? Makes them decent?

They are citizens but decent...well. We don't know. That might be pushing it.

Quote:
Another question did Bushs White House make comments about those protesters like this White house? No they didnt
News 8 Austin | 24 Hour Local News | HEADLINES

I am sure they did. They sure did not like freedom of speech either. People were taken out of a Bush speech. I am sure he wanted it like that.

But either way, it is not a Democrat or Republican thing. Both sides are pretty EFFED up. You and me? We both know it.

No one cares.

Old 01-08-2010, 09:41 PM

4,085 posts, read 8,787,372 times
Quote:
Yes its an insult to use a persons middle name.
Yes, it is, when the person doesn't go by it. I have a cousin named Robert Leslie [Smith] (Smith isn't his real last name, I'm not putting his real name but it's a pretty common last name). He doesn't care for his middle name because he's named after a grandfather but feels Leslie is more of a girl's name. So he just goes by "Bob [Smith]" or even "Robert [Smith]". He doesn't even put his middle initial on any forms, business cards, etc. if he doesn't have to.

If someone called him "Leslie" he would be offended, especially if it was someone who was adamant about disliking him. Yes, it's his middle name, but that would be insulting to him to intentionally call him that in an effort to be insulting.

And that's what every stupid idiot who calls President Obama "hussein" is doing - they are trying to be insulting and disrespectful. But they're just being stupid jackasses, nothing new for them.

Old 01-08-2010, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
What makes them decent? Just because they are going out calling Obama a "Muslin" and comparing to Hitler? Makes them decent?

I am sure they did. They sure did not like freedom of speech either. People were taken out of a Bush speech. I am sure he wanted it like that.

But either way, it is not a Democrat or Republican thing. Both sides are pretty EFFED up. You and me? We both know it.

No one cares.
Not all are calling Obama a muslim So why are you lumping the entire group in with a couple of few?

Look its wrong for him to be called Hitler but it was just as wrong for democrats to call Bush Hitler.

People have been taken out of Obamas also.

Yeah both parties are messed up but I am so tired of this insulting citizens just because they dont agree with you. Insult someone for having big ears or a big nose or dressing badly whatever but that insulting someone for simply not agreeing is just a manner to try and silence a group. To avoid a debate on an issue or focusing on the issue at hand

We are allowed to have different opinions and shouldnt have to face insults or the white house making comments about us for not agreeing with them. This is America

Old 01-08-2010, 09:48 PM

4,085 posts, read 8,787,372 times
Quote:
Is Obama insulting himself when he uses his own middle name? Did he insult himself when he used it to get sworn in?

What is insulting is those that are trying to make using a persons middle name mean an insult

heck Obama has joked about his middle name

Lighten up and relax its just not that serious
No, it is that serious. It's intentional disrespect to the President of the USA. And you know, I'm actually fine with that in the sense that it's people's right to be disrespectful if they want - we have freedom of speech.

What I am simply doing is calling out every stupid jackass who does this and tries to explain it as simply "using his name", because the fact is that they're trying to be disrespectful.

When Obama uses his own middle name it's very rare (the only times I can think of are when he was sworn in for Congress and for the Presidency) and when he used his middle name it was always with his first and last names. So if people want to call him "Barack Hussein Obama", then I can buy that they're not trying to be insulting. But by isolating only "hussein" in a manner that he never has done, it is clear what those stupid jackasses are doing. They just don't realize what a bunch of stupid jackasses they come across as when they do it, and they think they're fooling people by saying stupid, moronic things like "durrr it's his name durrrrrrrr does he insult himself when he use his middle name durrrr durrr durr durrrrrrr"...

Old 01-08-2010, 09:50 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,088,156 times
Quote:
So, what you're saying is that you're not buying the reason that they called the tea bag people "teabaggers" because they were sending tea bags to Washington, and that their intention was clearly to be insulting by tying them to a sex act (which is not a gay-only sex act, by the way), but you expect everyone to buy the reason for you and others calling President Obama "hussein" (and I notice the non-capitalization of the name, which is further insulting) is simply because it's his name and not meant to be insulting at all???

Are you serious or are you lying?

Dead serious. The scum knew exactly what they were doing and said it.

Well I will leave the unhinged left to continue their whining over hussein obama's name. Personally I am bored with it.

Old 01-08-2010, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Yes, it is, when the person doesn't go by it. I have a cousin named Robert Leslie [Smith] (Smith isn't his real last name, I'm not putting his real name but it's a pretty common last name). He doesn't care for his middle name because he's named after a grandfather but feels Leslie is more of a girl's name. So he just goes by "Bob [Smith]" or even "Robert [Smith]". He doesn't even put his middle initial on any forms, business cards, etc. if he doesn't have to.

If someone called him "Leslie" he would be offended, especially if it was someone who was adamant about disliking him. Yes, it's his middle name, but that would be insulting to him to intentionally call him that in an effort to be insulting.

And that's what every stupid idiot who calls President Obama "hussein" is doing - they are trying to be insulting and disrespectful. But they're just being stupid jackasses, nothing new for them.
Lol No its not and you need to get over it. Its his middle name.

I am cracking up at you making a big deal out of using the name that is on Obamas birth certificate I mean how dare someone @ you trying to make using a persons middle name an issue.

How dare someone use the name that Obamas mother gave him lol

So you can actually call someone an idiot and insult people but darn it call Obama by his name and thats an insult

Ok I cant stop laughing at this anymore you have a good one

Barrack Hussein Obama.

Old 01-08-2010, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post

No one cares.
Oh yeah and I do care about elected reps insulting citizens of this country I dont care if they are republican or democrat

Old 01-08-2010, 09:58 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,572,548 times
Quote:
Not all are calling Obama a muslim So why are you lumping the entire group in with a couple of few?

Look its wrong for him to be called Hitler but it was just as wrong for democrats to call Bush Hitler.

People have been taken out of Obamas also.

Yeah both parties are messed up but I am so tired of this insulting citizens just because they dont agree with you. Insult someone for having big ears or a big nose or dressing badly whatever but that insulting someone for simply not agreeing is just a manner to try and silence a group. To avoid a debate on an issue or focusing on the issue at hand

We are allowed to have different opinions and shouldnt have to face insults or the white house making comments about us for not agreeing with them. This is America
I said it before and I say it again. It was wrong for BOTH sides to do it.

It is not just Obama who is doing it. Give me a break. Bush did it too.

Look I am not insulting anyone. I don't care what they do. They're unimportant to me. If anything, I thank them for providing me with laughs.

Were you angry when the right were insulting Democrats who were protesting?

Old 01-08-2010, 10:03 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,088,156 times
Quote:
No, it is that serious. It's intentional disrespect to the President of the USA. And you know, I'm actually fine with that in the sense that it's people's right to be disrespectful if they want - we have freedom of speech.

What I am simply doing is calling out every stupid jackass who does this and tries to explain it as simply "using his name", because the fact is that they're trying to be disrespectful.

When Obama uses his own middle name it's very rare (the only times I can think of are when he was sworn in for Congress and for the Presidency) and when he used his middle name it was always with his first and last names. So if people want to call him "Barack Hussein Obama", then I can buy that they're not trying to be insulting. But by isolating only "hussein" in a manner that he never has done, it is clear what those stupid jackasses are doing. They just don't realize what a bunch of stupid jackasses they come across as when they do it, and they think they're fooling people by saying stupid, moronic things like "durrr it's his name durrrrrrrr does he insult himself when he use his middle name durrrr durrr durr durrrrrrr"...

How strange. I am calling out all those (how did you put that?) stupid jackasses that are so racist and bigoted that they see the name hussein as insulting and disrespectful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies