U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2010, 02:02 AM

38,854 posts, read 20,099,630 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by boiseguy View Post
"oh the children"

some people like to throw themselves up on a cross for the sake of "the children"..... grow up
This adult does not have any children in her household but is among the millions of adults that do not wish to see public displays of ranching sex acts! If I wished to see sexual simulations, I'd watch an adult channel or rent a DVD. This junk does not belong on regular TV!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2010, 02:04 AM

Quote:
how about changing the channel perhaps?
How's about the MINORITY of folks that actually enjoy this stuff tune into adult channels while the MAJORITY can enjoy actual entertainment without the raunchy overtones.

Old 04-06-2010, 02:08 AM

4,425 posts, read 5,261,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
How's about the MINORITY of folks that actually enjoy this stuff tune into adult channels while the MAJORITY can enjoy actual entertainment without the raunchy overtones.
everyone's a minority when it comes to television.. that's why we have 100's of channels.. not everyone likes the same sh*t...
invest in a remote control and you won't have to be subjected to such "raunchy overtones"

oh.. and just because you b*tch about something doesn't make you the majority.. it just makes you the only people that give a rats behind.. the rest of us are over it and on with our lives...or changed the channel..

just sayin

Old 04-06-2010, 02:13 AM

Quote:
everyone's a minority when it comes to television.. that's why we have 100's of channels.. not everyone likes the same sh*t...
invest in a remote control and you won't have to be subjected to such "raunchy overtones"

oh.. and just because you b*tch about something doesn't make you the majority.. it just makes you the only people that give a rats behind.. the rest of us are over it and on with our lives...or changed the channel..

just sayin
If the TV program isn't adult-oriented, then I would be caught unawares. How long did the sexual simulations last anyways? The average viewer does not even have time to switch channels without being exposed to this oversensualized garbage. Out of respect for the average viewer, there should be some type of warnings about objectionable sexual content versus surprises such as this "performance" which caught viewers unawares. Good thing that I quit TV long time ago.

Old 04-06-2010, 02:19 AM

4,425 posts, read 5,261,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
If the TV program isn't adult-oriented, then I would be caught unawares. How long did the sexual simulations last anyways? The average viewer does not even have time to switch channels without being exposed to this oversensualized garbage. Out of respect for the average viewer, there should be some type of warnings about objectionable sexual content versus surprises such as this "performance" which caught viewers unawares. Good thing that I quit TV long time ago.
see above posts for discussion on view warnings... they're there.. like everyone else.. you just weren't paying attention...

Old 04-06-2010, 02:22 AM

Quote:
see above posts for discussion on view warnings... they're there.. like everyone else.. you just weren't paying attention...
I'd rather toss my TV to the curb if this is what the public airways have become.

Old 04-06-2010, 05:34 AM

41,314 posts, read 39,479,501 times
Quote:
8:00 PM on a Wednesday night needs viewer warnings?

Garbage like what lambert was dishing out should be on adult or gay channels. The vast majority of normal, everyday Americans don't want to see such trash.

Old 04-06-2010, 08:47 AM

7,022 posts, read 5,974,078 times
Good for them. I'd send an FCC complaint about this pig too if I weren't so lazy. Who needs to see homo-simulated sex at 8:00 AM on a morning show? Is that really considered art by the progressive "intellectuals"?

Old 04-06-2010, 08:58 AM

12,359 posts, read 7,712,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
Good for them. I'd send an FCC complaint about this pig too if I weren't so lazy. Who needs to see homo-simulated sex at 8:00 AM on a morning show? Is that really considered art by the progressive "intellectuals"?
I think you all are getting your panties in a bunch for nothing. After being canceled from the Jimmy Kimmel show, the Dick Clark New Year's eve show and Good Morning American, Lambert twittered: “Don’t worry friends: I’m still gonna be me. Always. W/o apologies. Just gonna experiment differently [with] how I present myself.” He's young and when you see his personal interviews you get the idea he's really a nice kid so he may have learned to be a little more responsible when doing TV guest appearances. I'm willing to give him some time to grow. I really think he wants to be known as a great singer, not just a great gay singer.

Old 04-06-2010, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
I think you all are getting your panties in a bunch for nothing. After being canceled from the Jimmy Kimmel show, the Dick Clark New Year's eve show and Good Morning American, Lambert twittered: “Don’t worry friends: I’m still gonna be me. Always. W/o apologies. Just gonna experiment differently [with] how I present myself.” He's young and when you see his personal interviews you get the idea he's really a nice kid so he may have learned to be a little more responsible when doing TV guest appearances. I'm willing to give him some time to grow. I really think he wants to be known as a great singer, not just a great gay singer.
I'm sure he has talent but publicity stunts such as the simulated sexual acts overshadows the talent. It really just cheapens the artist and the message. I trully wish that performers could go back to entertaining viewers with their talent versus titillating us with sexual themes that are inappropriate for general viewers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies