Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2010, 07:54 PM

1,360 posts, read 1,942,558 times

Advertisements

CIA diverting resources from terrorism to climate change? This is not a joke.

This three-part irony more than suggests how out of touch the current Administration is, not only with the priorities of the American People, but with reality. One wonders how many of these resources will fall into the hands of members of the cabal bent on "hiding the decline" and "trick"-ing the data.

Three Part Irony: Terrorism thrives as the CIA loans equipment to Climatemongers | Washington Examiner (http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/blogs/Examiner-Opinion-Zone/Three-Part-Irony-Terrorism-thrives-as-the-CIA-loans-equipment-to-Climatemongers-80812217.html - broken link)

Old 01-08-2010, 08:05 PM

15,395 posts, read 22,525,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyandclaire89 View Post
Weekend freeze Loom for Gulf Coast

AccuWeather.com - Weather Blogs - Weather News (http://www.accuweather.com/regional-news-story.asp?region=southusnews - broken link)

Death toll rises to 22 in UK's biggest freeze for 30 years

Weather-related death toll rises to 22 as Britain braces for coldest night yet - Times Online

Wind chill may drop below zero as coldest weather in 12 years hits North Texas

Bitter Cold Is Just Beginning | NBC Dallas-Fort Worth

All-Time record snowfall Burlington, VT

All-time record snowfall in Burlington | NECN

The heaviest snowfall in almost 50 years is hitting parts of Britain as Arctic weather brought nationwide chaos.

Britain braced for heaviest snowfall in 50 years - Telegraph

Pensioners burn books for warmth

Pensioners burn books for warmth | Metro.co.uk

Seoul buried in heaviest snowfall in 70 years

Seoul buried in heaviest snowfall in 70 years - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100104/ap_on_re_as/as_asia_storms - broken link)

Midwest Sees Near-Record Lows, Snow By The Foot

Midwest Sees Near-Record Lows In Negative Double Digits, Snow By The Foot - cbs2chicago.com (http://cbs2chicago.com/national/midwest.cold.snow.2.1405658.html - broken link)

Feeling cold? We're at 30 below normal

Feeling cold? We're at 30 below normal | desmoinesregister.com | The Des Moines Register

Floridians prepare for record low temps

WSVN-TV - Floridians prepare for record low temps

Chill Map

http://vortex.plymouth.edu/uschill.gif

The cold weather packing hospitals

The cold weather packing hospitals | weather, cold, hospitals - Top Story - CBS Channel 12 News

http://www.city-data.com/forum/12271362-post23.html

http://www.city-data.com/forum/12271485-post24.html . I'm glad you now believe! ;-)

Old 01-08-2010, 08:08 PM

37,971 posts, read 22,151,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyandclaire89 View Post
Weekend freeze Loom for Gulf Coast

AccuWeather.com - Weather Blogs - Weather News (http://www.accuweather.com/regional-news-story.asp?region=southusnews - broken link)

Death toll rises to 22 in UK's biggest freeze for 30 years

Weather-related death toll rises to 22 as Britain braces for coldest night yet - Times Online

Wind chill may drop below zero as coldest weather in 12 years hits North Texas

Bitter Cold Is Just Beginning | NBC Dallas-Fort Worth

All-Time record snowfall Burlington, VT

All-time record snowfall in Burlington | NECN
Silly goose, year after year of cold weather and even a year without hurricanes hitting North America all prove that the planet's climate is getting colder. We need it to get even colder....errr.... wait a tic...

Old 01-08-2010, 08:13 PM

3,565 posts, read 4,866,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fortified View Post
Well it sure as hell doesn't prove Global WARMING!

It does prove that you have no clue what global warming actually is

Also, there's something called El Ninio. It's this year. Look it up.

I forgot to add something.

My grandparents still lives in Europe. My grandma told me that they had temperatures like this every winter when she was a child, mostly even much colder than that. That was in the 30's and 40's.
These days everybody is surprised by how "cold" it is. Ask your grandparents. They had much colder winters back then.

Last edited by XodoX; 01-08-2010 at 08:25 PM..

Old 01-08-2010, 08:15 PM

1,360 posts, read 1,942,558 times
Quote:
Exactly! Right on!

Wait until summer comes along. I will do the right an AMAZING favor by letting them know the temp each and EVERY single day.
Yeah.. as I said before to another poster...I'll bet you'll be warning us then about Global Cooling...I can hardly wait...

Last edited by tonyandclaire89; 01-08-2010 at 08:27 PM..

Old 01-08-2010, 08:16 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,545,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yaz View Post
but....but.....but......

.....man made global warming will make the winters colder and more snowier....

I actually heard that the other day.

eating porter house steaks and twinkies will cause me to get skinnier......

Old 01-08-2010, 08:19 PM

269 posts, read 295,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arielmina View Post
are you all going to start a thread a day on the weather? I just can't wait until I can post about 100+ degree weather again this summer and tell you it is evidence of global warning...and I'll do it daily no matter how many people tell me climate and weather do not mean the same thing and climate change takes decades +, not just a year. Or maybe I will just tell you that 2009 was the 5th warmest on record....since you only seem to be able to be short sighted about these things.

ETA I'm not gonna post on every weather thread that comes up, so consider this your rebuttal for all those future posts that we'll see tomorrow, and the next day, and the next day.
The problem though is that when global warming was becoming the next big fad, the general consensus of its process was:

-CO2 traps excess heat
-The excess heat would gradually buildup and start melting the icecaps
-The melting icecaps would reflect less sunlight and continue the multiplying process until they were gone
-The planet would endure a 10+ degree global temperature increase with a 20 foot increase in sea levels, causing mass migration from the coast

So back in 2005-2006, a lot of people who supported the idea of global warming were using the excuse of record heat as evidence to their theory. Now that changes in weather are going in the opposite direction, all of a sudden using local weather data wasn't acceptable.

Old 01-08-2010, 08:49 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,752,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arielmina View Post
are you all going to start a thread a day on the weather? I just can't wait until I can post about 100+ degree weather again this summer and tell you it is evidence of global warning...and I'll do it daily no matter how many people tell me climate and weather do not mean the same thing and climate change takes decades +, not just a year. Or maybe I will just tell you that 2009 was the 5th warmest on record....since you only seem to be able to be short sighted about these things.

ETA I'm not gonna post on every weather thread that comes up, so consider this your rebuttal for all those future posts that we'll see tomorrow, and the next day, and the next day.

Hey when it is 100 dgrees for 30 consecutive days in Alaska start a post. This weather is crazy.

By the way if global warming works the way we are told temperatures and CO2 should move in tandem. If not there is something else at play and the models are flawed. Guess what...

Old 01-08-2010, 10:13 PM

15,395 posts, read 22,525,635 times
Experts: Cold snap doesn't disprove global warming | Science News | Comcast.net (http://www.comcast.net/articles/news-science/20100106/SCI.Big.Chill/ - broken link)

Old 01-08-2010, 10:20 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,855,247 times
Global warming has always been BS... think about it... these global warming freaks actually believe there is NO way to disprove their ideology... that's the first warning sign of cult behavior... doesn't matter that real life, all that matters is their belief... and yes, this should be a wake-up call to people that his ideology is pure crap..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies