Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2015, 02:09 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,728,778 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
I just get tired of:

1. The AGW crowd says the Arctic Ice is diminishing.
2. The other side points out that the Antarctic ice fields are increasing.
3. The AGW crowd then accuses the other side of using just one area of the world to make their point.
Good point. Here is another one.

1. The AGW crowd says we had a hot summer.
2. The other side points out that we set all kinds of cold records last winter.
3. The AGW crowd then accuses the other side of confusing weather with climate to make their point.

Amusing.

Old 03-08-2015, 02:13 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,728,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
I Love the AGW crowd....

Hottest summer's temps ever recorded....

Coldest winters temps every recorded....

All in the same year....

IT must be great to say that it's all because of global warming, hell you can never be wrong....why not be on that side...

It's to cold...global warming...

It's to hot....global warming...
You cannot be wrong...ever....

Amazing....
Reminds me of the Abbott and Costello comedy, "who's on first".

Old 03-08-2015, 02:40 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,377,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
"Deniers" is a politically oriented term that alarmists constantly use in an effort to be manipulative, and to stifle discussion and the expression of dissenting views on this topic.

The term “deniers” is what people who have denied the holocaust are commonly referred to – as in “holocaust deniers”. By using this term, the AGW alarmists are collectively trying to associate people who have doubts and concerns about this alarmist movement with Adolph Hitler and his murderous campaign against the Jews.

So these are the tactics that the left has devolved to here.

Meanwhile, the debate continues....

If a person is denying mainstream science, then they are a science denier. Simple as that.

Old 03-08-2015, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Skeptics, you mean.
No. Deniers is the better word. A sceptic wouldn't gullibly swallow any evidence-free conspiracy claim they read in the tabloid press just because it suits their political ideology or delusional conspiracy ideation.

Old 03-08-2015, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Follow the money. The alarmists fall into two camps; Those that are making a fortune from the hoax and those who are too dumb to make a fortune from the hoax.
I prefer to follow the science and the evidence.

Old 03-08-2015, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
I just get tired of:

1. The AGW crowd says the Arctic Ice is diminishing.
2. The other side points out that the Antarctic ice fields are increasing.
3. The AGW crowd then accuses the other side of using just one area of the world to make their point.
I get tired of people not bothering to find out the difference between the Arctic and Antarctic and land ice and sea ice.

Old 03-08-2015, 02:55 PM

46,261 posts, read 27,074,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceist View Post
No. Deniers is the better word. A sceptic wouldn't gullibly swallow any evidence-free conspiracy claim they read in the tabloid press just because it suits their political ideology or delusional conspiracy ideation.[/font]
So what is your problem....something that has been proven as being lied about, maybe not everything... (hockey stick theory) and many others scientist have been caught lying....about it...

Oh yea, I get it...

IN a single year...

Hottest temps recorded, in a year....global warming
Coldest temps in a year recorded (same year as above) ...global warming...

Old 03-08-2015, 02:57 PM

Quote:
I prefer to follow the science and the evidence.
Like the hockey stick theory ?

Old 03-08-2015, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
So what is your problem....something that has been proven as being lied about, maybe not everything... (hockey stick theory) and many others scientist have been caught lying....about it...

Oh yea, I get it...

IN a single year...

Hottest temps recorded, in a year....global warming
Coldest temps in a year recorded (same year as above) ...global warming...
Like I said, a sceptic wouldn't gullibly swallow any evidence-free conspiracy claim they read in the tabloid press just because it suits their political ideology or delusional conspiracy ideation. Even after their conspiracy claims have been proven to be false, over and over again.

Old 03-08-2015, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Like I said, a sceptic wouldn't gullibly swallow any evidence-free conspiracy claim they read in the tabloid press just because it suits their political ideology or delusional conspiracy ideation. Even after their conspiracy claims have been proven to be false, over and over again.
What a NON answer, congrats....

So the hockey stick theory has been proven wrong again and again?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies