U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-07-2015, 11:32 AM

13,855 posts, read 12,623,540 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ContrarianEcon View Post
https://www.google.com/search?q=glob...AUoAg#imgdii=_ Are they all made up? They all agree.
Another thing that the alarmists neglect to factor in is that most official temperatures are measured at the main airports of cities. When you consider the fact that 80 years ago those airports were grass strips on the outskirts of towns and today those airports are covered and surrounded with concrete and asphalt and have numerous vehicles & air conditioners pumping out hot air, it should not be surprising that they are recording higher temperatures.

Old 02-07-2015, 03:19 PM

3,191 posts, read 2,639,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDragonslayer View Post
What does Yellowstone have to do with this discussion on a warmer climate? Krakatoa happened in 1883 and its affects lasted about 4 years with cooler summers, longer winters and then the climate went back to normal. Yellowstone was a huge climactic eruption of volcanic material that overwhelmed the world and altered the climate for a long time, not just four years. Ontario could not have the same biodiversity of Missouri, it has fewer day light hours, just because it would be warmer does not mean it is equitable for animals and plants from Missouri. Do you know anything about biology or botany? A warmer and wetter world is also a world with weather out of control. Heat up a pot of water, as it warms it releases heat as steam, turn up the heat, more steam. Same with the atmosphere. A warmer and wetter world would not be a nicer or gentler world. And I guess you are okay with the rhino, elephant, chimpanzees, gorillas, giraffes, lions, tigers, pandas, dolphins, polar bears, walrus and so on going extinct due to a warmer world that they cannot adapt to. We could lose up to 70% of the species on this planet over the next 200 years, less time then we have been a country. I do not know where you get your information that there would be more species per square mile when a rising sea would enundate the low lands making for less land and loss of habitat.
Why these eruptions are necessary to bring into the conversation is a drastic change in temp didn't cause mass extinctions. Daylight isn't everything in biology. Look at the UK and look at Manitoba, which has more species. There are plenty of species that can tolerate the daylight problem if the temp is warm enough and the climate wet enough.

Yes, the hurricanes and tornadoes might increase with climate change, I'll give you that.

But how would any of the species you mentioned go extinct. They move around. It's not like they can't move to where the food is.

That 70% number is inflated. That would require every single climate in the world to shift drastically, and that's not going to happen.

Old 02-07-2015, 03:52 PM

174 posts, read 99,527 times
Just remember the same science and scientist who are claiming the sky is falling (i mean global warming) were warning of the coming ice age just a few decades ago. First the earth is cooling then the earth is warming. Funny it's being doing that all along. Why can't scientist add up 2 and 2 and get 4 like most educated people?

Here is a Newsweek article giving all the scientific facts about the ice age we now live in.

1975 Newsweek: The Coming Ice Age | Sweetness & Light

Old 02-07-2015, 04:48 PM

20,611 posts, read 12,996,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AL84 View Post
Just remember the same science and scientist who are claiming the sky is falling (i mean global warming) were warning of the coming ice age just a few decades ago. First the earth is cooling then the earth is warming. Funny it's being doing that all along. Why can't scientist add up 2 and 2 and get 4 like most educated people?

Here is a Newsweek article giving all the scientific facts about the ice age we now live in.

1975 Newsweek: The Coming Ice Age | Sweetness & Light
I remember that back in school, the "Nuclear Winter" and, some people were def scared over THAT.

Old 02-07-2015, 04:59 PM

3,792 posts, read 1,888,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
I remember that back in school, the "Nuclear Winter" and, some people were def scared over THAT.
Ya and that is why I think warmer is better., NO ICE AGE for me thank you very much.

Old 02-07-2015, 05:16 PM

17,853 posts, read 12,216,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ContrarianEcon View Post
https://www.google.com/search?q=glob...AUoAg#imgdii=_ Are they all made up? They all agree.
One squiggly line is just the same as any other squiggly line to you right?

What's rather shocking is just how many faked graphs are floating around on the net. No wonder you science-deniers (who avoid any reputable science sources like the plague) are so confused.

Old 02-07-2015, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceist View Post
One squiggly line is just the same as any other squiggly line to you right?

What's rather shocking is just how many faked graphs there are. No wonder you science-deniers (who avoid any reputable science sources like the plague) are so confused.
I do not deny science. But I do use common cense now and again. Fossils of crocodiles at the poles tends to indicate it was warmer then that now.

going from ICE AGE to back again involves rapid climate change. Ice is an amplifier of climate change. if you want a stable climate then it is all ice or no ice. We have had snow ball earth before. Want to have that climate in our future? Or how about no ice. With no ice then a bit cooler gets just a bit cooler not an ice age. A bit warmer gets you a bit warmer not the end of an ice age.

Stable is good.

I'm challenging your conclusion. Warmer is better. You can't keep what we have long term as it will cool off or warm up more.

Old 02-07-2015, 05:28 PM

1,655 posts, read 1,637,372 times
Listen to scientists or somebody who spells at a grade 2 level?

I know who I'm sticking with.

Old 02-07-2015, 05:33 PM

17,853 posts, read 12,216,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
Another thing that the alarmists neglect to factor in is that most official temperatures are measured at the main airports of cities. When you consider the fact that 80 years ago those airports were grass strips on the outskirts of towns and today those airports are covered and surrounded with concrete and asphalt and have numerous vehicles & air conditioners pumping out hot air, it should not be surprising that they are recording higher temperatures.
Wow. You write that like you believe it's actually factual.

Hey....There's this great bridge in London going at a cheap price....

Old 02-07-2015, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoke View Post
Listen to scientists or somebody who spells at a grade 2 level?

I know who I'm sticking with.
It is actually a 5th grade level spelling ability. Thank you very much. What those scientist are advocating is reducing green house emissions. What they aren't telling you is that the climate before the current warming trend started was the little ice age. Do you want to go ice skating on the thames river in England? It was cold and they don't talk about the really big hail stone in Europe as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or