Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2015, 03:07 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,384,541 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
What a NON answer, congrats....

So the hockey stick theory has been proven wrong again and again?
No. There is no such thing as 'hockey stick theory'. The research on temperature anomalies over the past 1000 to 2000 years by different groups of researchers using different data and different methodology have shown very similiar results. Mann et al's research paper in 1998 was the first one to show this and the graph was nicknamed the hockey stick graph. The results have been confirmed many times over.

The supposed 'climategate scandal' based on a couple of phrases deliberately taken out of context from stolen emails has been shown to be false over and over again as well.

Last edited by Ceist; 03-08-2015 at 03:20 PM..

Old 03-08-2015, 03:11 PM

46,281 posts, read 27,099,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceist View Post
No. There is no such thing as 'hockey stick theory'. The graphs of temperature anomalies over the past 2000 years has been shown to be correct over and over again by different groups of researchers using different data and different methodology. It looks like the shape of a hockey stick, hence it has that nickname.
So, you agree with it....figures..

So, is it false or not?

Old 03-08-2015, 03:48 PM

Quote:
So, you agree with it....figures..

So, is it false or not?
Is what false? Your conspiracy theories? Yes. They are. They have been shown to be false over and over again.

Old 03-08-2015, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Is what false? Your conspiracy theories? Yes. They are.
Look another leftist that refuses to answer a question....yet asks a question .....does anyone else see the same thing over and over?

It's a simple question, do you believe in the hockey graph (I only used graph because you fail to call it what everyone else has called it for numerous years, hockey stick theory)?

Yes or no?

Old 03-08-2015, 04:04 PM

3,792 posts, read 2,385,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
What progressing ice age? Do you think it's a good idea no matter how many people and animals it kills? How Heat Kills : Discovery News

An estimated 70,000 people died when parts of Europe boiled in the summer of 2003, according to a history of that heat wave being compiled by Richard Keller, a professor at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. In contrast, the death toll from 2005's Hurricane Katrina, which ravaged New Orleans and the Gulf Coast, was 1,836. Why Heat Waves Can Mean High Death Tolls
1.5 million Irish died in the great potato famine. One third of Europe died in the black death. Warmer is better.

Old 03-08-2015, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Look another leftist that refuses to answer a question....yet asks a question .....does anyone else see the same thing over and over?

It's a simple question, do you believe in the hockey graph (I only used graph because you fail to call it what everyone else has called it for numerous years, hockey stick theory)?

Yes or no?
Your 'simple' question doesn't make a lot of sense and you don't know enough about the science to even realise it doesn't make sense.

However if you are asking do I accept the rapid rise in global average temperature reflected by the many different "hockey stick" shaped graphs by different research groups using different methodology and different data, then yes. The reason I do is that I took the time to educate myself from legitimate science sources. This includes reading the IPCC reports and the published research in the science Journals on which those reports are based, watching videoed lectures from science conferences etc so I could have at least a basic understanding about the science. This also included learning about the basic physics behind the greenhouse effect. I also don't gullibly and automatically swallow whatever baseless hysterical conspiracy theory some tabloid press journalist or some conspiracy blogger writes. I prefer to check the facts.

Old 03-08-2015, 04:44 PM

3,792 posts, read 2,385,439 times
Default global warming is causing greenland's glacires to retreet.

Petermann Glacier In Greenland Breaks Off Iceberg Twice The Size Of Manhattan

Quote:
"This is not part of natural variations anymore," said NASA glaciologist Eric Rignot, who camped on Petermann 10 years ago.
Large ice loss from Greenland's ice. The ice that broke off was already floating so it didn't change the sea level. But it will tend to move south and melt.

This is much farther north than the ilulussat glacier that has been dumping the most ice from Greenland into the sea. If it starts accelerating the ice flow rate we could be in for a bumpy ride.

What has broken up is ice over water, but...

Old 03-08-2015, 04:46 PM

45,226 posts, read 26,443,162 times
Park your car, unplug your computer and vote for someone who promises to control the climate by taxing the **** out of you.
Thank you. Im here all week.

Old 03-08-2015, 04:49 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,222,978 times
Greenland is called Greenland for a reason.

It was green once. Meaning no glaciers.

The earth heats and cools periodically.

Old 03-08-2015, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Your 'simple' question doesn't make a lot of sense and you don't know enough about the science to even realise it doesn't make sense.

However if you are asking do I accept the rapid rise in global average temperature reflected by the many different "hockey stick" shaped graphs by different research groups using different methodology and different data, then yes. The reason I do is that I took the time to educate myself from legitimate science sources. This includes reading the IPCC reports and the published research in the science Journals on which those reports are based, watching videoed lectures from science conferences etc so I could have at least a basic understanding about the science. This also included learning about the basic physics behind the greenhouse effect. I also don't gullibly and automatically swallow whatever baseless hysterical conspiracy theory some tabloid press journalist or some conspiracy blogger writes. I prefer to check the facts.
So you accept a lie..

Show us all these "graphs" you talk about?

Methodology and DATA....(what data?)

Well, hell the science is settled then....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies