U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 03-08-2015, 11:21 PM
 
Location: Stillwater, Oklahoma
15,016 posts, read 13,354,365 times
Reputation: 4592

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
LOL! Baloney! What "evidence?" There is none. Bogus computer models (garbage in - garbage out) do not constitute "evidence."

Perhaps I should have provided the video linked from a different Web site. Would that have changed anything?

How many times have you provided content originally provided by the likes of "Daily Kos" or "Think Progress?" Or "Mother Jones!"
I never go there to get a true scientific view on global warming.

 
Old 03-09-2015, 06:13 AM
 
69,372 posts, read 55,530,793 times
Reputation: 9363
Quote:
Originally Posted by ContrarianEcon View Post
yep and it is heating up and natural or not it is looking like the ice flow rate is accelerating.

When a glacier starts to move faster its bottom generates heat that melts water and lubricates the motion. Making it move faster. There was a 10% to 20% increase in flow after the prior ice berg broke off.
Remind me again what caused giant bolder rocks from the north, to end up in places like Pennsylvania?

ooh thats right, they were brought there during the latest ice age, and then left there when the planet "warmed"..
 
Old 03-09-2015, 06:25 AM
 
20,976 posts, read 16,277,947 times
Reputation: 10270
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Greenland is called Greenland for a reason.

It was green once. Meaning no glaciers.

The earth heats and cools periodically.
WRONG!

The earths climate has been absolutely consistent throughout its history. Until the industrial revolution came along and started the last major ice age, the mini ice age and the recession of the glaciers. I remember factories having to move inland during the ice age, millions of people drowning when the glaciers melted and the great population growth during the mini ice age.
 
Old 03-09-2015, 07:04 AM
 
17,853 posts, read 12,232,009 times
Reputation: 4113
There are idiots who say every winter "There's snow in my backyard! Global warming is a hoax!"


And then there are the facts:



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZGsdnYqbjk
 
Old 03-09-2015, 07:06 AM
 
17,853 posts, read 12,232,009 times
Reputation: 4113
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
WRONG!

The earths climate has been absolutely consistent throughout its history. Until the industrial revolution came along and started the last major ice age, the mini ice age and the recession of the glaciers. I remember factories having to move inland during the ice age, millions of people drowning when the glaciers melted and the great population growth during the mini ice age.
The last resort of people who know nothing about the science? Make up silly a strawman.
 
Old 03-09-2015, 07:35 AM
 
10,811 posts, read 4,038,288 times
Reputation: 5244
Just a brief primer to help people understand the warmists better:

Summer = Man-made climate change
Winter = Just weather
 
Old 03-09-2015, 09:27 AM
 
Location: Portland, OR
9,608 posts, read 9,853,159 times
Reputation: 9238
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
If the ice cube is already in the water and it melts, the glass does not get any fuller as a result of the ice cube melting.

So if the entire Arctic ice cap melted today in it's entirety, the water level of the oceans would not be affected by that, as all of that ice covers the arctic ocean and is therefore already in the water.
Not all of that ice is already in the water and... ... even if the theory says that there would not be any sea level rise with advanced climate change... at this point in things... would you develop beach front property on the East Coast?
 
Old 03-09-2015, 09:30 AM
 
Location: Portland, OR
9,608 posts, read 9,853,159 times
Reputation: 9238
I'll say it again:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
Tsunami's are a natural occurrence. Why have escape routes and drills and why build sea-walls and early warning systems. Earthquakes are natural. Why spend millions to reinforce buildings, why educate and train seismologists and Civil Engineers to try and save lives? All disease (except most Cancer) is natural. Why fight them? Why develop vaccines? I call BS on that line of argument vis-a-vis Climate Change. A sentient, technologically advanced civilization does [not] go all fatalist in the face of a problem like Climate Change. Cancer and the unfathomable bio-chemistry of it all is a much more insoluble problem and we have people going after it because that's what an intelligent species does. The problem of Climate Change is a simple one and the premise of reducing fossil fuel use and greenhouse gas emission is dead easy to accomplish compared to something like cold fusion or artificial intelligence. The fact that the most profitable entities on this planet earth are oil companies is the reason we are ignoring the evidence of our eyes, ears and noses and is the reason that a small percent of the worlds population are unconcerned about the relatively soon extinction of humanity. Profit. Wealth. Greed. That's it. That's all that's between humanity and survival. So sad...

H
 
Old 03-09-2015, 09:31 AM
 
10,811 posts, read 4,038,288 times
Reputation: 5244
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
Not all of that ice is already in the water and... ... even if the theory says that there would not be any sea level rise with advanced climate change... at this point in things... would you develop beach front property on the East Coast?
If I wanted to live on the East Coast, sure.
 
Old 03-09-2015, 10:16 AM
 
Location: Portland, OR
9,608 posts, read 9,853,159 times
Reputation: 9238
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
If I wanted to live on the East Coast, sure.
I don't believe you. Not that it matters. Up and down the Eastern Seaboard developers seeking permits to rebuild condemned homes in the areas affected by past Super Storms and Hurricanes are being told to get the **** out of here, and don't come back. They aren't taking it lying down, of course, and there is/are legal fights getting underway, but there is the knowledge that Amerca's shorelines are not what they were and that future development needs to take Climate realities in mind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top