U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2010, 10:32 AM

62,647 posts, read 34,149,323 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
so who is going to sentence them
Only partisan hacks care who sentences them. What does it matter? Who sentenced the shue bomber? He is locked up 23 hrs per day every day and will never be released. Who cares who sentenced him? I am tired of all the petty bickering about how they should be labeled or what kind of court should be used.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2010, 10:46 AM

28,200 posts, read 15,321,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Only partisan hacks care who sentences them. What does it matter? Who sentenced the shue bomber? He is locked up 23 hrs per day every day and will never be released. Who cares who sentenced him? I am tired of all the petty bickering about how they should be labeled or what kind of court should be used.
They should be destroyed. Why should my tax money provide 3 squares and shelter to someone wanting to harm me and my country?

Old 01-08-2010, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
They should be destroyed. Why should my tax money provide 3 squares and shelter to someone wanting to harm me and my country?
Sure, but do you prefer to just destroy them, or debate for eight years about how we should call them and what kind of court we should use?

Old 01-08-2010, 10:53 AM

12,870 posts, read 13,109,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
He said it in his inauguration speech and many times since then. Just because Cheney and Palin insist that Obama doesn't use the word doesn't make it true.

Why do you think he sent 21 000 US troops to Afgnahistan in March and now 30 000 more? To sell candy? No, to fight a war.
i think that is precisely why people are mad at obama! he escalates war action which, by its very nature, is bound to increase retaliation, but he hadn't first taken proper steps to monitor the risk /threat to united states citizens. when you ramp up military action, you better have your own borders protected.

this potentially could have been a disaster for a lot of people, but for the incompetence of this bomber.

now, citizens are being told that THEY have to sacrifice more and undergo yet more regulations, while they couldn't even stop the terrorist with the ALREADY EXISTING regulations.

Old 01-08-2010, 10:54 AM

25,235 posts, read 13,999,179 times
Quote:
Clue, it costs more to put someone to death than to house them in lockdown 24/7 fro the rest of their lives.
I say try them and the ones found guilty are sentenced to life without any change of getting out, seal them in a maximum security prison, no outside contact and no notification when they do die. This way they do not become martrys for their cause and it is the worst thing one could do to them since if they were true fanatics they WANT to die, do not let them off that easy. Make them disappear forever.
Casper

Old 01-08-2010, 10:55 AM

11,501 posts, read 13,392,230 times
Quote:

Exactly.

Some people want to harbor them and make sure they are well taken care of.

They are killers and should be treated as such.

Bread and water, comfy concrete floor should be enough.

How many people who love those terrorist have ever seen what they do to one of ours when they capture them?

Time to get tough and send a message that we will no longer tolerate this.

Being nice does not cut it folks. Killers should be treated like killers, not the neighbor next door.

Old 01-08-2010, 10:56 AM

12,870 posts, read 13,109,624 times
what if you were to get a sympathetic president who wanted them released?

Old 01-08-2010, 10:56 AM

12,482 posts, read 8,807,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagger View Post
A quick google search had many hits. Here's one:
McCain: Japanese Hanged For Waterboarding - CBS News

There are many other hits...
1) so you cant name what trial did this and who were hanged.

2) So find the people and find what they were convicted of.

3) should be in the Nuremberg trials

then come back

Old 01-08-2010, 10:57 AM

11,501 posts, read 13,392,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Clue, it costs more to put someone to death than to house them in lockdown 24/7 fro the rest of their lives.
I say try them and the ones found guilty are sentenced to life without any change of getting out, seal them in a maximum security prison, no outside contact and no notification when they do die. This way they do not become martrys for their cause and it is the worst thing one could do to them since if they were true fanatics they WANT to die, do not let them off that easy. Make them disappear forever.
Casper

One bullet to the head cost nothing. Many of us would be willing to donate the bullet to rid ourselves of the scum.

Old 01-08-2010, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
i think that is precisely why people are mad at obama! he escalates war action which, by its very nature, is bound to increase retaliation, but he hadn't first taken proper steps to monitor the risk /threat to united states citizens.
Oh, is that a fact?? Because I remember all the whining and crying when you said he took TOO MUCH TIME to take the proper steps. Are you kidding me?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies