U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2010, 12:13 PM

72,068 posts, read 83,735,637 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
Why do people post things they dont even read or understand...

..."According to the study, 48% of all tested fountains across the country contained coliform, a form of bacteria that is usually found in fecal matter."...

No where does it say fecal mater was on the spout...
thank you, that is why I hate these stories, they tell only part truths and most people take them like the OP, read into them only the bad stuff. Now, if it is a story that they want to point out the positives they read only positives. Thanks again for pointing out what the story really said.

Nita
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2010, 12:14 PM

19,899 posts, read 15,910,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
Why do people post things they dont even read or understand...

..."According to the study, 48% of all tested fountains across the country contained coliform, a form of bacteria that is usually found in fecal matter."...

No where does it say fecal mater was on the spout...

I do know a health inspector, not a good idea to know one personally. If you knew the things i knew that went on, you would never ever eat again. And not only fast food, but some very nice Restaurants, one thing, don't make your waitress or the cook mad!

Old 01-11-2010, 08:45 AM

3,855 posts, read 4,215,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
I do know a health inspector, not a good idea to know one personally. If you knew the things i knew that went on, you would never ever eat again. And not only fast food, but some very nice Restaurants, one thing, don't make your waitress or the cook mad!
I agree, there is a BK i will never eat at again, the burger maker kept playing with his infected-looking ear ring...while waitng to get his next order.

I rarely eat at corporate burger places or were teens are the majority of staff...not to knock teens, but many dont have a concept of sanitary practices...and most young managers have their own problems keeping a staff. I usually eat at mom and pop places where the staff is the same for years and years...

oh...I know that this wasnt the topic, but I get tired of Sensational Teases that most TV stations do to get you to watch a segment...then most of the time the story has nothing to do with the tease...

And too many people on the net just take info for granted and never check a source, or just pass bad info along...I know its a funny story, its just not accurite.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies