U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2010, 02:21 AM

1,780 posts, read 2,089,236 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey1979 View Post
glen beck is an idiot but I think he's right on this one.

also all religions are just as true as the other ones as there is no proof of any of it.
a christian making fun of a morman is like a retard making fun of a cripple.
LMAO
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2010, 02:52 AM

3,951 posts, read 3,701,632 times
So, can we call ourselves "Ghanian-American," "South African-American," or "Cabo Verdean-American?" Would people who debate this, be OK with that? If "White" people can call themselves "Irish-American" (and never have stepped foot into Ireland) or "Italian-American" is that not a problem as well? If we didn't say "African-American" would that be the same?

Old 01-09-2010, 06:38 AM

6,162 posts, read 11,207,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
So, can we call ourselves "Ghanian-American," "South African-American," or "Cabo Verdean-American?" Would people who debate this, be OK with that? If "White" people can call themselves "Irish-American" (and never have stepped foot into Ireland) or "Italian-American" is that not a problem as well? If we didn't say "African-American" would that be the same?
Go look at a census form, or just abut any form that asks for race to be identified. Tell me how many times you see Irish-American, Italian American, even European-American. No, we get White, and sometimes Caucasian. But the census form offers up African-American. Why is that?

Old 01-09-2010, 06:55 AM

31,385 posts, read 31,999,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
Because this isn't about hyphenated words, it is, once again, about denying African American's the right to self-determination. It is about putting Negroes in their place!

Old 01-09-2010, 07:01 AM

1,136 posts, read 581,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Because this isn't about hyphenated words, it is, once again, about denying African American's the right to self-determination. It is about putting Negroes in their place!

How ridiculous a statement thi happens to be! Do you have throngs of white caped marauders running around your neighborhood putting negroes in their place? You have a lot of imaginary friends and windmills Avocatto.

Old 01-09-2010, 08:26 AM

15,013 posts, read 10,680,851 times
Well, He's right African American is not a race. That is like saying my race is American because i am from America.I think the census bureau is caught in a tight situation on how to classify people of the human race.

Old 01-09-2010, 09:24 AM

4,085 posts, read 7,648,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fracturedman View Post
PROVE IT!
There is plenty of proof out there, if you don't accept those proofs why would you accept any other I might give?

Quote:
SCARED? LOL...you scare me as much as big bird or Mr rogers with a club...
Wow, I never met someone who was so cowardly that she fears big bird or mr. rogers.

Quote:
Yeah...thats why you have to use where you are from to show how tough you are... I am glad I wasnt raised there, or I might be the one stating where I am from makes me tougher...lol.
At what point did I say that my being from Jersey shows how tough I am? Looks like you've been reading into what I said and injecting your own inferiority complex into it. You obviously weren't raised in Jersey - our schools are good and you'd know better than to do what you're doing.

Quote:
did you have that site bookmarked? did you have that site bookmarked?
Do you repeat yourself often? Do you repeat yourself often?

No, I don't know if that site exists, but you sure are persistent in pursuing me. Find yourself a nice Republican man who is sure to be gay, like Senator Larry Craig.

Old 01-09-2010, 09:26 AM

3,391 posts, read 4,225,912 times
He's right, African-American is not a race. Comprehension skills?

Old 01-09-2010, 09:27 AM

4,085 posts, read 7,648,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey1979 View Post
glen beck is an idiot but I think he's right on this one.

also all religions are just as true as the other ones as there is no proof of any of it.
a christian making fun of a morman is like a retard making fun of a cripple.
Leave it to an atheist to use words like "retard" and "cripple". That's what happens when one worships himself only.

Old 01-09-2010, 09:30 AM

1,136 posts, read 581,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BergenCountyJohnny View Post
Leave it to an atheist to use words like "retard" and "cripple". That's what happens when one worships himself only.
Oh my, do I see a glimmer of redemtion here? Is there human qualities here?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies