Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you agree with Palin that her candidacy was "God's plan"?
Yes 11 17.19%
No 34 53.13%
"God" doesn't exist, so her statement is gibberish. 19 29.69%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2010, 04:05 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,377,473 times

Advertisements

Maybe God wanted President Obama elected? If so, her colossal screw ups were all part of a higher path.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2010, 05:43 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,142,009 times
Ya know, when someone claims that their god is so directly involved in THEIR life...isn't that just the height of arrogance?

Doesn't ANY believer think that it's rather insulting to their god to expect him to get involved in silly things like politics and sporting events?

Is he really so petty?

Does he really ignore the people in this world who REALLY need help to guide some loony bimbo in her quest for fame and attention ?

Maybe you guys would get a few more converts if you made this god sound nicer and more intelligent.........just sayin'.......

Old 01-11-2010, 05:48 AM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Sarah Palin believed that Sen. John McCain chose her to be his running mate in 2008 because of "God's plan," according to a top political strategist in the Arizona Republican's campaign.

McCain aide: Palin believed candidacy 'God's plan' - washingtonpost.com (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/01/10/AR2010011002297.html - broken link)

If Palin's candidacy was part of "God's plan", then I think God needs to have his head examined.
Yes, I believe God put Palin on the campaign trail to seal McCain's defeat.

Old 01-11-2010, 06:05 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,842,040 times
You know how you can tell Obama really isnt a christian and his attendance of wrights church was all for show knowing this is a christian nation

They dont believe in God and will crack on any politican that does but they voted for and support and make excuses for Obama

Old 01-11-2010, 06:17 AM

23,529 posts, read 17,208,400 times
Default last time you said....

Thank God!
Probably said in response to the last time you passed a test or your slice of pizza landed rightside up on the floor.

Most folks thank God for all the little things that happen to go their way, so it is not quite the territory of the religious extremist fringe who think God plays a role in their lives.

When her God tells her to stick a bomb down her shorts that would be newsworthy. Otherwise her relationship with God is something to be admired. My how times have changed. What harmful behavior has she demonstrated that someone could imply she is somehow distorted by her religion.

Why heck, even Obama has been reportedly seen going to church. what do you suppose he does there? Perhaps he prays. As in speaking to God... and for what purpose? You mean the guy actually talks to an invisible being that some believe does not even exist?????

It is demeaning to people of mainstream religion to twist the relationship bewteen an individual and their God into some extemist implication. Likewise it is extremely disgusting when people twist their religion to validate killing non believers.

Old 01-11-2010, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
You know how you can tell Obama really isnt a christian and his attendance of wrights church was all for show knowing this is a christian nation

They dont believe in God and will crack on any politican that does but they voted for and support and make excuses for Obama
""""They " (WHO is "they"?) """"dont believe in God and will crack on"" ( what does "crack on" mean, never heard of it) ""any politican that does but they voted for and support and make excuses for Obama.

More than atheists voted for Obama....

I don't/didn't make excuses for Obama.

That whole sentence of yours is rather garbled so excuse me if i took what you wanted to say wrong.

Old 01-11-2010, 06:27 AM

2,538 posts, read 3,875,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
Thank God!
Probably said in response to the last time you passed a test or your slice of pizza landed rightside up on the floor.

Most folks thank God for all the little things that happen to go their way, so it is not quite the territory of the religious extremist fringe who think God plays a role in their lives.

When her God tells her to stick a bomb down her shorts that would be newsworthy. Otherwise her relationship with God is something to be admired. My how times have changed. What harmful behavior has she demonstrated that someone could imply she is somehow distorted by her religion.

Why heck, even Obama has been reportedly seen going to church. what do you suppose he does there? Perhaps he prays. As in speaking to God... and for what purpose? You mean the guy actually talks to an invisible being that some believe does not even exist?????

It is demeaning to people of mainstream religion to twist the relationship bewteen an individual and their God into some extemist implication. Likewise it is extremely disgusting when people twist their religion to validate killing non believers.
I have no problem with people believing in a higher power, hey, whatever makes you happy. However, when one shows absolutely no ability for rational thought, and all decisions require "gods" input, it frightens me. I also don't appreciate religious people pushing their beliefs on me by trying to make abortion illegal, denying marriage rights to gays, "creationists" crap in schools ,etc. Have your religion, just keep it out of government/politics.

Old 01-11-2010, 06:43 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,842,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
""""They " (WHO is "they"?) """"dont believe in God and will crack on"" ( what does "crack on" mean, never heard of it) ""any politican that does but they voted for and support and make excuses for Obama.

More than atheists voted for Obama....

I don't/didn't make excuses for Obama.

That whole sentence of yours is rather garbled so excuse me if i took what you wanted to say wrong.
Lmbo @ you dont make excuses for Obama.

Old 01-11-2010, 06:49 AM
j33

4,626 posts, read 14,082,651 times
I don't believe that God picks candidates in US elections. So no, it wasn't God's plan that Palin, or Obama, ran for political office in 2008.

Old 01-11-2010, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Lmbo @ you dont make excuses for Obama.
If you're getting your answers from god, I think you need to adjust the antenna......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies