Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2010, 09:41 AM

11,578 posts, read 13,942,704 times

Advertisements

The economy is in the tank but what the hell, lets concentrate all our efforts into pork projects and getting health care "reform" done.

Don't worry Americans, Team Obama has got your back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2010, 09:45 AM

16,259 posts, read 24,752,651 times
People remember who made this mess and it was not President Obama. BUT if he does not do a better job of cleaning it up, he is going to get stuck with the tab.

Old 01-09-2010, 09:46 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
per op
once again--- we were in a nose dive when bush left office. listen to the speeches given by bush demanding for bailouts b4 he ever left office, the 1st stimulus check was from bush i got one, 600 bucks. as to current job loss and circumstances--
the problem is america is fine with 10% jobless, long as it not them- they dont care. and walking mortgage and dodging plastic card bills is no big deal. there is so much credit out there you could play that game for years. see most think it will go on forever, that is bek they were born after 1929.

Old 01-09-2010, 09:55 AM

12,669 posts, read 20,440,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
People remember who made this mess and it was not President Obama. BUT if he does not do a better job of cleaning it up, he is going to get stuck with the tab.
Yes lets look at who made this mess!

Clinton, Dodd, Reid, Frank, Pelosi and a few others but they were the Key players! What party are these people with? Democrats..........

Old 01-09-2010, 10:01 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,672,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
This has been pointed out before, so lets read it together real slow. If I set a goal to run a 10k in 31:00 and I end up running it in 34:00, that doesn't mean I lied, it simply means I didn't hit my goal.

Then what in the world are you complaining about then? See post 2.
So when a democrat is in the White House, it's just about not meeting a goal, but when it's a republican, it's something far worse?

The problem with you party types is that you don't realize that both parties are controlled and owned by the internationalists, the big corporations and are doing all they can to bring labor costs way down for their elites.

What labor cannot be exported, is to be imported, the American middle class is out. The politicians are not working for us at all. It's time people wake up.

Old 01-09-2010, 10:02 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,141,005 times
Hm. This is talking about December 2008 (I forget who was president then):

"A sobering U.S. Labor Department jobs report Friday showed the economy lost 524,000 jobs in December and 1.9 million in the year's final four months, after the credit crisis began in September."

Total 2008 job loss: 2.6 million - Jan. 9, 2009

Also, OP, the article you quote is talking about underemployment, not unemployment.

Nice try, though!

Old 01-09-2010, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
About 750,000 jobs were lost during George W. Bush's last month in office, so I'd say we're seriously better off than we were a year ago.
And that was the result of NAFTA, GATT, limitless immigration to build the cheap houses of the housing bubble, and unfortunately for Bush, the housing bubble burst while he was still in office - it was obviously headed for a burst, it was a matter of time.

What has Obama done? He's given bailouts to corporations who are still closing plants in the USA and opening them in Mexico and China, he's planning an amnesty to bring in millions more ultra cheap labor for his corporations and elites. He's giving $8,000 to home buyers to try to patch up Bush's housing bubble, to create more jobs to the cheap foreign dry wall installers, roofers and of course huge profits for the building companies' CEOs.

And he's spending non-existent money like there's no tomorrow.

Old 01-09-2010, 10:05 AM

11,578 posts, read 13,942,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
Yes lets look at who made this mess!

Clinton, Dodd, Reid, Frank, Pelosi and a few others but they were the Key players! What party are these people with? Democrats..........
It's amazing isn't it? It's like there was not a single Democrat holding an elected office from 2000-2008. Democrats were voted in but I guess they just never showed up to work.....for 8 years.

Old 01-09-2010, 10:08 AM

Let's just go along with the democrats. Screw the unemployed Americans. Who needs them? Let's just say everything is great now since the democrats now control the whole spiel.

Just ignore that there are problems, let's support more billion dollar bailouts so corporations can get their factories built in China, open new maquila plants in Mexico. Let's just assume that spending money and rising the debt is not a problem. It's so nice to be like a democrat. No worries. No problems. It's just a matter of who is in office.

Old 01-09-2010, 10:34 AM

12,669 posts, read 20,440,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
It's amazing isn't it? It's like there was not a single Democrat holding an elected office from 2000-2008. Democrats were voted in but I guess they just never showed up to work.....for 8 years.
I know isn't it though. The last 2 yrs of Bush Presidency the Dems had control a lot of people think it was the GOP haha shows how uninformed they are!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies