U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2010, 08:54 AM
Status: ""a mind that understands science"" (set 7 days ago)

18,801 posts, read 12,121,836 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by odinloki1 View Post
Conservatives: All of you who supported Bush invading Afghanistan, all of you who were the sheeple of Fox news back in 2002 and 2003, we total the bill for Iraq and divide it out among you and you get a nice tax hike to pay for what you wanted.

There are things I'm willing to be taxed for and not. I was not in favor of that war/quagmire when we invaded and I took a lot of heat from every conservative I knew. I don't think I should pay for a conservative agenda if they don't want to pay for a liberal agenda. (hint, I'm trying to make it a point you need to compromise and you don't always get your way)

I'm sick of conservatives talk of responsibility when they refuse to exhibit it. The wars are a prime example.

Of course I doubt there is a conservative on here who was in favor of Iraq when they try to remember.

I am a conservative and did not support the invasion of Afganistan. I thought we should have used only air power and special forces. No one has ever conquered Afganistan for long.

Regarding splitting bills, I would appreciate it if all liberals would pay for all the social programs they want, rather than constantly digging into my pockets to pay for "bread and circuses" for thier constituents.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2010, 08:55 AM

77 posts, read 38,960 times
But didn't the shrub man claim " god" told him to go to war?

Old 01-09-2010, 09:08 AM

14,137 posts, read 11,575,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by absolute atheist View Post
But didn't the shrub man claim " god" told him to go to war?
I would like to see a link on this one. I don't remember any mention of a 'holy crusade' coming out of DC, or the White House. I do, vividly, remember a PR stunt, where the White House had clerics from dozens of faiths speaking about the attacks. Christians, Jews, Muslims, Hindus, Sihke(spelling), Buhdists, Shinto, etc.

Old 01-09-2010, 10:57 AM

77 posts, read 38,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
I would like to see a link on this one. I don't remember any mention of a 'holy crusade' coming out of DC, or the White House. I do, vividly, remember a PR stunt, where the White House had clerics from dozens of faiths speaking about the attacks. Christians, Jews, Muslims, Hindus, Sihke(spelling), Buhdists, Shinto, etc.
Bush criticised for claiming God made him go to war - news from ekklesia | Ekklesia

'Bush said God told him to attack Iraq' - Israel News, Ynetnews

BBC - Press Office - George Bush on Elusive Peace

Old 01-09-2010, 11:28 AM

11,127 posts, read 12,655,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odinloki1 View Post
Conservatives: All of you who supported Bush invading Afghanistan, all of you who were the sheeple of Fox news back in 2002 and 2003, we total the bill for Iraq and divide it out among you and you get a nice tax hike to pay for what you wanted.

There are things I'm willing to be taxed for and not. I was not in favor of that war/quagmire when we invaded and I took a lot of heat from every conservative I knew. I don't think I should pay for a conservative agenda if they don't want to pay for a liberal agenda. (hint, I'm trying to make it a point you need to compromise and you don't always get your way)

I'm sick of conservatives talk of responsibility when they refuse to exhibit it. The wars are a prime example.

Of course I doubt there is a conservative on here who was in favor of Iraq when they try to remember.
I think you are confusing self proclaimed Conservatives who are about as far from actual conservatism as one could get. Maybe Neoconservatives? If you look at the paleoconservatives or traditional conservative circles, you will find a great deal of anti-war sentiment and a great deal of discussion on things like a humble foreign policy. See the American Conservative magazine for this consistent view even prior to entry into Iraq. They have been some of the most ardent critics of the Bush administrations foreign policy.

Those folks who favor a more liberalized and interventionist foreign policy without regard to immorally borrowing from future generations to pay for these wars and occupations are NOT Conservatives, even if they call themselves this.

Just because someone is from the right or even Republican, doesn't make them conservative.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or