U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2010, 07:31 AM

2,693 posts, read 3,107,811 times

Advertisements

Conservatives: All of you who supported Bush invading Afghanistan, all of you who were the sheeple of Fox news back in 2002 and 2003, we total the bill for Iraq and divide it out among you and you get a nice tax hike to pay for what you wanted.

There are things I'm willing to be taxed for and not. I was not in favor of that war/quagmire when we invaded and I took a lot of heat from every conservative I knew. I don't think I should pay for a conservative agenda if they don't want to pay for a liberal agenda. (hint, I'm trying to make it a point you need to compromise and you don't always get your way)

I'm sick of conservatives talk of responsibility when they refuse to exhibit it. The wars are a prime example.

Of course I doubt there is a conservative on here who was in favor of Iraq when they try to remember.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2010, 07:36 AM

17,795 posts, read 19,813,321 times
Wow... Ideologic rant... I was NEVER for the war, not even for a millisecond yet you paint all conservatives as warmongers... I suppose you are trying to incense the public with ideological rhetoric.. Mind you, most of the liberals were for the war or did you have a momentary lapse in memory? Or have all the liberals now remember differently... I was arguing with liberals who were for the war and they had the same mindset as the conservatives for the war... stupid...

Old 01-09-2010, 07:39 AM

2,693 posts, read 3,107,811 times
Do not confuse Iraq with Afghanistan. Lump those liberals in with them. Call them neocons whatever I remember the country a lot more divided over Iraq and most of the people for it identified themselves as conservative.

Easy to criticize something as an ideological rant when you don't like it but its got some truth behind it.

Old 01-09-2010, 07:40 AM

31,375 posts, read 19,632,006 times
Imagine the improvements we could have made to America's infrastructure if we hadn't wasted the money on a pointless and endless war in Iraq!

Old 01-09-2010, 08:01 AM

3,646 posts, read 9,631,314 times
Sounds great - and every liberal could pay for the new health care package and the trials for terrorists!

Let's do it! ... oh wait... let me guess - you'd like to downsize those programs now too.

Old 01-09-2010, 08:04 AM

69,372 posts, read 55,509,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Imagine the improvements we could have made to America's infrastructure if we hadn't wasted the money on a pointless and endless war in Iraq!
How much money have YOU Paid to fund the war?

Answer ZERO..

NO ONE HAS PAID FOR THEM... But just keep whining and crying like you have...

Old 01-09-2010, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by odinloki1 View Post
There are things I'm willing to be taxed for and not. I was not in favor of that war/quagmire when we invaded and I took a lot of heat from every conservative I knew. I don't think I should pay for a conservative agenda if they don't want to pay for a liberal agenda. (hint, I'm trying to make it a point you need to compromise and you don't always get your way)
Fantastic Idea.. liberals pay for what you support, conservatives pay for what we support.

Lets see who pays for more things they dont wish to..

Just so you know, we have spent TENS OF TRILLIONS on welfare programs to cure "poverty".. Hows that working out for you?

Old 01-09-2010, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sskkc View Post
Sounds great - and every liberal could pay for the new health care package and the trials for terrorists!

Let's do it! ... oh wait... let me guess - you'd like to downsize those programs now too.
Wait, you need to add in programs for drug atticks, welfare, healthcare, housing, foodstamps, school education funding, education for gays to avoid "aids" etc..

Hell, I'll volunteer to pay my % for national defense if the feds get out of all of the liberal crap they shouldnt be involved in.. My share would be hell of a lot cheaper than trying to sideline the dam 10,000 taxcode book..

Old 01-09-2010, 08:14 AM

54 posts, read 54,363 times
Quote:
Fantastic Idea.. liberals pay for what you support, conservatives pay for what we support.
Liberals need conservatives conservatives don't need liberals.

Old 01-09-2010, 08:43 AM

14,179 posts, read 11,639,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odinloki1 View Post
Do not confuse Iraq with Afghanistan. Lump those liberals in with them. Call them neocons whatever I remember the country a lot more divided over Iraq and most of the people for it identified themselves as conservative.

Easy to criticize something as an ideological rant when you don't like it but its got some truth behind it.
I'm a 'conservative' and yes, I supported the initial incursion in Afghanistan, however, I never supported the idea of a protracted conflict there, or the idea of establishing a 'democracy' in the country. Hitting Al Queda there, and slapping the Taliban around, yes, maybe slapping them around to the point of stupor, yes, and smashing Al Queda to a messy pulp , yes. Personally, I would have left it at that. I NEVER supported the 'strategy' behind Iraq, and drawn out conflicts, in both places, are plain old stupid. 911 was something we, as a nation, needed to respond, militarily, to. A show of force was definatly needed, and we needed to put the radical Islamic terror groups in a hurt locker and slam the door. Now, the way the Bush administration went about this, was not sound, from a military standpoint. Why is this? Hmmm, because the tactics and strategy revolved around appeasing liberal, sensibilities on war. Trying to make everyone 'happy' from a political stance, when planning an operation of retaliation for a brutal attack on our citizens. Blaming 'conservatives' for the quagmire is misdirected. A true conservative minded operation would not have included this namby pamby nation building and 'hearts and minds' campaign. Afghanistan would probably still be under the Taliban, but they would certainly be thinking twice about overtly supporting terror groups, they would be to busy rebuilding what they lost and deaing with the anger of their own citizens to wet nurse Al Queda and such, and our casualties would have been light to the point of extremes. Conservative ideals are not the reason behind the lack of success in the war on terror. . LMAO< it is the 'liberal' , left wing extremes that are responsible for THAT.No conservative minded person I have talked to supports the type of campaign the government has our people fighting. This should get the conversation going..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or