Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2010, 03:45 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,408,647 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyPants View Post
So right wingers are angry because someone is repeating what they say all the time? Hypocrite?
Only a fool would paint all who oppose the Obama administration with the same brush. [MOD CUT/personal attack]

Last edited by Ibginnie; 01-09-2010 at 05:47 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2010, 03:55 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,657,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DraggingCanoe View Post
Democrats use racism, welfare and entitlements to get minority votes. When the one thing that will lift them up is education and personal achievements. Obama is enriching everyone in his party and his cronies with taxpayer funding he has robbed from us all.

Hope and Change really leads to more hoping and more votes for the Demrocatic Party and more taxes for the White middle class.
And I'll probably vote for him again in 2012.

Old 01-09-2010, 03:55 PM

2,553 posts, read 2,434,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reelist in Atlanta View Post
I don't see a problem with his comment or the apology. Are you trying to intimate that blacks do not have a different way that they talk? For some blacks that is just the way they talk. Others seem to turn it on or off depending on who they are talking to.

I hope you are not trying to say that this is not the case. One would have to be oblivious not to have noticed. In fact, sometimes I can't even understand blacks when they talk.

- Reel
Actually the term "negro" along with "colored" is no longer used to describe some one who is black or african-american....except in certain cases where it would be difficult to change like, the United Negro College Fund or the NAACP. I find that to be at least part of the reason to give an apology.

Old 01-09-2010, 04:01 PM

7,545 posts, read 8,323,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LynchburgLover View Post
Biggest question is how did we get people like Reid in seats of power?
Lack of term limits is how.

Harry Reid is a tool. Come November it's gonna be Sha na na na, Na na na na, Hey hey hey, Good Byeeeeee Harry. Hasta la vista, don't let the door hit ya on the ass.

Old 01-09-2010, 04:12 PM

3,390 posts, read 4,948,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reelist in Atlanta View Post
I don't see a problem with his comment or the apology. Are you trying to intimate that blacks do not have a different way that they talk? For some blacks that is just the way they talk. Others seem to turn it on or off depending on who they are talking to.

I hope you are not trying to say that this is not the case. One would have to be oblivious not to have noticed. In fact, sometimes I can't even understand blacks when they talk.

- Reel

Good GOD, SPIN as I have "almost" never seen spin before!

Old 01-09-2010, 04:13 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,374,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
WASHINGTON – The top Democrat in the U.S. Senate apologized on Saturday for comments he made about Barack Obama's race during the 2008 presidential bid.
Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid of Nevada described then-Sen. Barack Obama as "light skinned" and "with no Negro dialect." Obama is the nation's first African-American president.
Reid apologies for 'no Negro dialect' comment - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100109/ap_on_el_se/us_obama_reid - broken link)
Reid is a product of podunk, Nevada, so no surprise here. He used a word that showed that he's not quite up with modern times or his place in it. Says more about him and his ilk than it does about President Obama. Besides, he was right.

If Barack Obama looked like Wesley Snipes, he would not have been taken seriously. If he talked like Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, he would've suffered the same fate they suffered. I don't think Reid is a racist, just outdated, out-of-place, and ever more closer to being irrelevant.

In the mean time, President Obama is doing a great job and he continues to roll.

Old 01-09-2010, 04:25 PM

3,378 posts, read 5,006,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkbatca View Post
I wouldn't call Jeff Davis the ultimate example of racism (he was a man of his time, he even believed in gradual emmancipation). But you must realize that the Democratic party of the late 70's (even if it had Jimmy Carter in it) is not the same Democratic party of today.

Old 01-09-2010, 04:43 PM

3,565 posts, read 4,863,320 times
Well, he should not have said this and he apologized. End of story.

He was right, but he also should know that you can't say everything out loud. However, Americans don't elect bums. No matter what their color is, when you can't express yourself properly, then you can't win a presidential election.

Old 01-09-2010, 04:50 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,929,215 times
Isn't it so enlightening to hear how the liberals talk about each other behind closed doors?

Old 01-09-2010, 04:52 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,408,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Isn't it so enlightening to hear how the liberals talk about each other behind closed doors?
Yes it is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies