U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should the United States start using racial / ethnic profiling?
Yes - The time may have come 31 65.96%
No - Absolutely not 15 31.91%
Undecided at this time 1 2.13%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2010, 02:59 PM

2,480 posts, read 2,878,531 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
profiling is a law enforcement right and always has been.
if a rapist is loose in the community we want to know what he looks like.
Point well taken, but not all terrorists are middle eastern in appearance either.
Attached Thumbnails
Should the United States start using racial / ethnic profiling?-umarfaroukabdulmut_1550255c.jpg  

Old 01-11-2010, 10:53 AM

19,135 posts, read 12,234,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hombre57 View Post
Oh brother again. Some people just outdo themselves.

If anyone is going to screen people at an airport, they cannot in a free society such as America do so with racial profiling. America as a free nation cannot do that, and it is a constitutionally protected right not to be profiled.
Our 9th. Amendment
Ninth Amendment (http://www.awlawfirm.com/Articles/9thAmendment.htm - broken link)
I do not believe our founding fathers were liberals.

Some people, I won't mention names here, would just love to see our constitutional rights circumvented for their own reasons.

Terrorists come in many shapes, sizes, colours, ethnicity, and genders.

Female Terrorism (http://www.apsu.edu/oconnort/3400/3400lect03a.htm - broken link)

Our Goverment already racially profiles everyone, if they do not, why is it when official Government forms are filled out, your ethnicity is asked? That is profiling.

My goodness. Our founding fathers certainly were not liberal, nor stupid, so I would think that they would completely agree with profiling. Little old ladies in wheelchairs do not committ acts of terrorism- young Arab males do.

To blind one's self to such ridiculously obvious observations is due to the disease of liberalism- one is so dull witted by political correctness that proper action can no longer be taken. Rationality takes a vacation with liberals, as Hombre so clearly illustrates.

Old 01-11-2010, 11:02 AM

10,494 posts, read 23,192,389 times
This poll just proves my point, that most, if not all conservative Republicans are racist. Look at the names above, and it is more than obvious. Anyone who voted yes is racist, and they are all REPUBLICANS!

Old 01-11-2010, 11:39 AM

25,107 posts, read 35,215,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
Anyone who voted yes is racist, and they are all REPUBLICANS!

Actually, you are mistaken on both points:

They are not "racist"

Nor, are they all "republicans"

Old 01-11-2010, 11:56 AM

3,861 posts, read 7,600,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Lets face facts; it is not Aunt Mildred from Omaha, or the group of college kids on their way to Fort Lauderdale for spring break that is of real concern regarding terrorist threats.

It is Males (some Female), usually younger, who are Middle Eastern decent who are the usual / common threats - with a few exceptions.

Is it time that this nation does what other countries around the world are doing - profiling those boarding various methods of transportation?

It is perhaps distasteful to discuss but, it is quickly coming, IMO.

Your thoughts?
They will catch on and start recruiting people that look like this.

BBC News | In pictures: Sarajevo Bosnians on genocide decision, Mohammed, 25, student, Muslim

Old 01-11-2010, 12:00 PM

8,151 posts, read 5,613,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
I did not say "excluded". I said "profiled" and scrutinized more thoroughly.

Or, should we simply go the system used in Isreal (El Al)?
Why stop there. Did you see the white guy with the gun obsession that went into his plant and killed all those people. I think white christian republicans that own more than one gun should be evaluated from time to time, maybe once a quarter, to ensure they are caught before they go on terrorist murdering sprees.Law enforcement should keep up with how much ammo they are buying and interview them from time to time to get a feel for when they are going to go on a shooting spree

Old 01-11-2010, 12:02 PM

25,107 posts, read 35,215,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
Why stop there. Did you see the white guy with the gun obsession that went into his plant and killed all those people. I think white christian republicans that own more than one gun should be evaluated from time to time, maybe once a quarter, to ensure they are caught before they go on terrorist murdering sprees.Law enforcement should keep up with how much ammo they are buying and interview them from time to time to get a feel for when they are going to go on a shooting spree
How about the white christian DEMOCRATS that own more than one gun??

Old 01-11-2010, 12:13 PM

8,341 posts, read 9,806,954 times
Profile them mofo's.

Signed,

Not a republican.

Old 01-11-2010, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
My goodness. Our founding fathers certainly were not liberal, nor stupid, so I would think that they would completely agree with profiling. Little old ladies in wheelchairs do not committ acts of terrorism- young Arab males do.

To blind one's self to such ridiculously obvious observations is due to the disease of liberalism- one is so dull witted by political correctness that proper action can no longer be taken. Rationality takes a vacation with liberals, as Hombre so clearly illustrates.
If guys like you had your way every race in the world except yours would be in the firing line how many enemies do you want to create for yourself. I know you have never been profiled and think that its great because you want to be in the whites christians only express lane.

Old 01-11-2010, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yayoi View Post
They will catch on and start recruiting people that look like this.

BBC News | In pictures: Sarajevo Bosnians on genocide decision, Mohammed, 25, student, Muslim
Hawkeye and sunnyday see nothing wrong with this guy. Even if he blew up a plane they would say he was crazy but lets not pay attention to what he looks like
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or