Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should the United States start using racial / ethnic profiling?
Yes - The time may have come 31 65.96%
No - Absolutely not 15 31.91%
Undecided at this time 1 2.13%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2010, 07:33 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,531,599 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Oh of course. And you are quite sure that the domestic acts of gun violence against co-workers has been the exclusive domain of republican "rednecks". That is exactly what I would suspect a brainwashed liberal would be led to believe. Do you know the political affiliation of any of these people?
My point is( sense it went over your head) that why is it that white republicans always want to profile when someone that doesnt look like them or someone from a different religion does something horrible but when one of thier ranks does something horrible you never hear you guys bring up profiling. Explain that. I guarantee that most work place shootings are done by angry white male right wingers so why cant they be profiled for something like that. If you like the idea of profiling so much then why dont you like it when you may be profiled

Old 01-11-2010, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Of course, regarding the elderly black women. Regarding young black males (18yo or older) who may be of Muslim faith, of course not. Witness the underwear bomber.

This is pretty simply stuff. I must ask you, enemy country, do you hunt for mushrooms in the middle of a four lane highway? If not, that is probably because there are no mushrooms there. Similarly, if one is looking for terrorists, one must look at who is committing all the terrorist acts. I am afraid that if you do not understand this, your mind has been so corrupted by liberalism that common sense seems alien to you.
So when I go to buy a ticket should they ask me what my religion is and in the next line is you and no one ask you your religion. If you could go back to good ole days when I would even allow that type of second class citizenship

Old 01-11-2010, 07:38 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,306,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
So when I go to buy a ticket should they ask me what my religion is and in the next line is you and no one ask you your religion. If you could go back to good ole days when I would even allow that type of second class citizenship

Someone needs to learn what profiling means and how it is done.

Old 01-11-2010, 07:44 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,185,973 times
Yes, what could be more American than racial and ethnic profiling.
Putting full page ads in newspapers around the world may also be a good idea. The ads could convey the message that arabs, muslims, swarthy complected people, and * will be profiled and are not welcome in the US.

* add whatever kind of person(s) you think should be profiled and barred from entry.
Yet the best (and most patriotic) thing to do is to collect data (including photos) on every citizen.

Old 01-11-2010, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Someone needs to learn what profiling means and how it is done.
You didnt follow the post did you. Not surprising I know what you are sunny and I intend to add you to ignore.

Old 01-11-2010, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
You didnt follow the post did you. Not surprising I know what you are sunny and I intend to add you to ignore.

I did follow the post and know that we need to profile a certain group of people.

If you cannot deal with that then you must not be for keeping us safe.

Have you noticed who 99.9% of terrorist are? They are not a little ole granny from West Virginia!

Old 01-11-2010, 07:57 PM

50,371 posts, read 63,977,343 times
It's OK with me. What's wrong with it? Nobody seems to have a problem offending little old ladies with hand lotion in their purse. How come? Anyway, it is not necessary.
I saw the former head of airport security for Israel (I don't know what his actual title was) on TV yesterday and he was very interesting.

He said they INTERVIEW passengers and are trained to see signs that the person is nervous or lying. They look for certain red flags. For example, the underpants bomber was traveling without luggage, and had paid cash for a one way ticket. He was from Yemen, a known hotbed of terrorist activity. There is NO WAY the guy would have boarded a plane if the Israelies were checking him.

All this had nothing to do with the bomber being profiled as a muslim or middle eastern.

Old 01-11-2010, 08:06 PM

50,371 posts, read 63,977,343 times
Tonight on the news they profiled an Muslim radical who was responsible for recruiting and training the underpants bomber and others like him. This guy was born and educated in the US and is focusing on recruiting American muslims because they will be able to slip through security easier. Very scary stuff.

Old 01-11-2010, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
It's OK with me. What's wrong with it? Nobody seems to have a problem offending little old ladies with hand lotion in their purse. How come? Anyway, it is not necessary.
I saw the former head of airport security for Israel (I don't know what his actual title was) on TV yesterday and he was very interesting.

He said they INTERVIEW passengers and are trained to see signs that the person is nervous or lying. They look for certain red flags. For example, the underpants bomber was traveling without luggage, and had paid cash for a one way ticket. He was from Yemen, a known hotbed of terrorist activity. There is NO WAY the guy would have boarded a plane if the Israelies were checking him.

All this had nothing to do with the bomber being profiled as a muslim or middle eastern.

I saw that also.

Israel has the safest airlines in the world because they do not cow down to cowards who are wanting to be so politically correct.

Obama was warned of this man ( panty bomber ) and did nothing weeks in advance.

Old 01-11-2010, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Tonight on the news they profiled an Muslim radical who was responsible for recruiting and training the underpants bomber and others like him. This guy was born and educated in the US and is focusing on recruiting American muslims because they will be able to slip through security easier. Very scary stuff.

But some on the left do not want us to profile anyone for some reason.

It is time to wake the heck up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies