U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2010, 03:40 PM

27,903 posts, read 34,356,310 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVA1990 View Post
Heck no. Started with Truman. Every president since has fallen under the same spell.
Now there was something very important that happened on July 16th 1945. What could have possibly changed the world so dramatically?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8w3Y...eature=related

Quote:
We waited until the blast had passed, walked out of the shelter and then it was extremely solemn. We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried. Most people were silent. I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad Gita: Vishnu is trying to persuade the prince that he should do his duty, and to impress him he takes on his multiarmed form and says, 'Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.' I suppose we all thought that, one way or another.
http://www.scientificamerican.com/ar...er-documentary
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2010, 03:47 PM

13,180 posts, read 13,052,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
How about a little more details? Antbody can claim, "it's against the Constitution".
How about you go educate yourself?

The Bush and Obama Admins have lost numerous court fight over habeas corpus rights, searches without judicial oversight, and withholding evidence from the courts.

Just to mention a few.

Here is one example......it took me 5 seconds to google it.

http://www.salon.com/opinion/greenwa...12/boumediene/

Old 01-10-2010, 03:59 PM

11,127 posts, read 12,657,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
How about a little more details? Antbody can claim, "it's against the Constitution".
I posted a link to an extensive legal opinion on the matter, however you must read the content within the link. I could use several pages worth of specific examples, but then we would be getting off the topic of "Helen Thomas asks a taboo question".

However, if folks wish, by all means start a thread on the Patriot Act for members to debate the infringement of personal liberties and Constitutional rights.

Old 01-10-2010, 04:10 PM

14,131 posts, read 27,018,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
Now there was something very important that happened on July 16th 1945. What could have possibly changed the world so dramatically?
That's a stretch. I was talking about the creation of the state of Israel.

Old 01-10-2010, 04:47 PM

19,899 posts, read 15,850,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizjo View Post
Why do you choose to criticize women newsreaders?
I think there are bubble heads of both sexes on cnn, msnbc and fox. Perky, chirpy, looking at themselves in the monitor.....

Helen Thomas deserves some respect. Why attack how people look? Seems shallow.

Your correct, that was a very shallow statement. Agreed.

Old 01-10-2010, 05:02 PM

14,131 posts, read 27,018,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post

Your correct, that was a very shallow statement. Agreed.
On Fox they take the bubbleheads seriously.

Old 01-10-2010, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVA1990 View Post
That's a stretch. I was talking about the creation of the state of Israel.
So let me see if I get this straight. Creating a state for a perpetually oppressed ethnic group after a serious attempt at their mass extinction somehow was a bad idea because it didn't bode well with that region -- particularly with those that would have loved to see them extinct -- was on the same level as the creation of nuclear bombs? Or maybe the creation of nuclear bombs -- a design that could take all the bombs of a world war and contain them in one mass explosion -- was less of an agitation?

Old 01-10-2010, 06:59 PM

5,121 posts, read 6,187,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Yup. It was all about the Cold War and how Russia was plotting and planning to wipe us off the map. When that wasn't being talked about then they were asking for help to feed those starving children in Africa.

40 years later....we still worry about Russia, we're now feeding those starving children's grandchildren in Africa and now Islamic radicals want to wipe us off the face of the earth.

Yup, and now that we are headed toward commun.......er, sociali......ummm, whatever we are headed toward, we need a new villain to keep us distracted while the powers that be work their agenda on the masses?

Yachtcare has spoken.......

Old 01-12-2010, 10:28 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5G0IeflngtQ

http://www.centerforsecuritypolicy.org/about_us.xml

Old 01-12-2010, 11:42 AM

85 posts, read 97,687 times
The answer is simple. Muslims think that Islam should be the only religion on the planet. They attack us because we are the strongest nation of Christians. It has nothing to do with Israel or being on their holy land, that is just an excuse. If we stopped all that, they would still continue and make up another excuse. Read the Koran, it states in there that Islam should be the world dominate religion and that is what Jihad is all about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies