Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How should we punish the Terrorist??
Firing Squad 4 12.50%
Lethal Injection 2 6.25%
Electric Chair 2 6.25%
Hanging 5 15.63%
Gas Chamber 0 0%
Starvation 0 0%
Guillotine 1 3.13%
Life In Prison 6 18.75%
All of the above 8 25.00%
None 3 9.38%
Pardon Them 1 3.13%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2010, 06:20 PM

2,305 posts, read 3,027,839 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mossomo View Post
7.62 mm
And an open field. I would even volunteer, bring my own rifle and ammunition. Would not cost the tax payer a dime. And I can't forget to include my dogs, they love chasing a dirt bag or two.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2010, 06:21 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,187,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXTwizter View Post
With all these prisoners at Gitmo and the upcoming trials of suspected terrorist, how should we deal with them after they are convicted?

Your thoughts?
Tie them to a chair and make them watch Glen Beck over and over again until they commit suicide by holding their breath to release themselves from the pain and suffering.

Old 01-12-2010, 06:24 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,314,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHilltopper View Post
Tie them to a chair and make them watch Glen Beck over and over again until they commit suicide by holding their breath to release themselves from the pain and suffering.

That seems a bit cruel and unusual.

I think the Supreme Court would have something to say about that!

Old 01-12-2010, 06:26 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,377,473 times
For me, life in prison.

He didn't do anything to me. However, if he harmed, or killed anyone, then the family or the person who he harmed has my full backing if they wish to cause physical harm on this individual.

For me, any murderer, should only be executed by those he harmed, or their family members.

Lest we forget, the Christmas bomber didn't kill anyone.

Old 01-12-2010, 06:26 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,776,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXTwizter View Post
With all these prisoners at Gitmo and the upcoming trials of suspected terrorist, how should we deal with them after they are convicted?

Your thoughts?
LOL I'm horrible! I can't believe how many of us voted all of the above. Dragged in the street drawn and quartered was up there or no?

Rationally I'd pick one, but I'm not rational about this. He doesn't want me for a juror.

Old 01-12-2010, 06:27 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,776,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHilltopper View Post
Good LORD TN, you are vicious!!

Old 01-12-2010, 08:17 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,436,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
LOL I'm horrible! I can't believe how many of us voted all of the above. Dragged in the street drawn and quartered was up there or no?

Rationally I'd pick one, but I'm not rational about this. He doesn't want me for a juror.

harborlady, Oh Oh he doesn't want me for a Juror, it would be his worse nitemare, He would find out about this cute little ITALIAN TEMPER.

Old 01-12-2010, 08:28 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,187,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
Good LORD TN, you are vicious!!
Pardon my colorful response but my first response to this question of

How should we punish the Terrorist??

would have been, in accordance with the law and punishments prescribed by the law, but that just seemed too dull.

Old 01-12-2010, 08:29 PM

49 posts, read 31,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markg91359 View Post
I can understand those who call for the death penalty. In a case such as that of Khalid Sheikh Muhammad who participated in the planning of 9/11, I'd have a hard time disagreeing.

However, understand this:

Martyrdom or death is exactly what alot of these people are after. Executing them probably isn't going to be a deterrent. I guess it could be called "justice" where they take the lives of others, but it isn't going to stop this process.

I suppose subjecting them to some sort of particularly painful or unpleasant execution might alter this equation a bit. However, I don't want to go there. The international outcry that would begin if we did something like this would be enormous. People might begin feeling sympathy for the terrorists which would destroy that which we are trying accomplish. I also don't want the USA going down a path where we could be compared with fascist or nazi regimes around the world--no thank you.

I think life in prison might be better in some ways. If these people realize they have a life (without parole) to serve behind bars, eating western food, being stuck in a cage all day long, except for short periods of exercise, with no visitors etc. that might actually be more of a deterrent to them. These people do seem susceptible to being shamed or humiliated. That might be something we could work to our advantage.

Its a tough situation. However, it requires some serious thinking and not reacting from pure gut emotions.
I couldn't have said it better myself.

Old 01-12-2010, 09:06 PM

1,814 posts, read 2,496,464 times
Put him in a dark room with this clown:

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies