Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2010, 03:20 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,665,061 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
No. Unless I am allowed to shower with the women.
Let's see. What's more important? Repealing Don't Ask Don't Tell so that people aren't fired from the military for mentioning a same-sex partner, or giving you the right to shower with a woman?

Such a dilemma.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2010, 03:23 PM

981 posts, read 805,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Let's see. What's more important? Repealing Don't Ask Don't Tell so that people aren't fired from the military for mentioning a same-sex partner, or giving you the right to shower with a woman?

Such a dilemma.
I think it would be more of a privilege, than a right, so to speak.

Old 01-10-2010, 03:23 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,304,477 times
Sure they should.

Give them some meds to fix their problems and they will be fine.

The only problem I would have is why so many gay men talk like a woman?

That could cause some problems.

Old 01-10-2010, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Sure they should.

I have to assume that you're joking.

Old 01-10-2010, 03:32 PM

4,472 posts, read 17,698,300 times
Gays should not be serving in the military, period. One of my best friends served in the armed forces and just recently was honorably discharged and he was telling me about his experiences. He mentioned there was a gay guy in his unit, but he didn't admit he was gay because he didn't want to be kicked out. This guy made most of the other men feel uncomfortable which distracted them from everyday duties. Not allowing gays in the military is for the greater good at the expense of a few.

Old 01-10-2010, 03:33 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,304,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
I have to assume that you're joking.

Not joking one bit.

Old 01-10-2010, 03:39 PM

6,414 posts, read 10,491,704 times
Quote:
Sure they should.

There are no meds to fix a problem that we do not have. Maybe there are meds to fix the problem that radical christian bigots have with the LGBTQ community. As a gay man, I admit that I too have a problem with so many gay men that talk effeminately. But I do not judge them for it, I just do not find it appealing to me. I am a masculine gay male and prefer men that are masculine. On the other hand it does not phase me one way or the other if a woman is butch or fem, which is probably why I have more lesbian friends than gay male friends and more straight friends then gay ones. Now, what problems could be caused by a man talking like a woman? Please elucidate that for us.

Old 01-10-2010, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyAZ View Post
Gays should not be serving in the military, period. One of my best friends served in the armed forces and just recently was honorably discharged and he was telling me about his experiences. He mentioned there was a gay guy in his unit, but he didn't admit he was gay because he didn't want to be kicked out. This guy made most of the other men feel uncomfortable which distracted them from everyday duties. Not allowing gays in the military is for the greater good at the expense of a few.
If the gay guy never mentioned that he was gay, then the discomfort felt by the straight guys was a result of their imagination and their own anti-gay feelings. It's not a gay guy's problem if straight guys feel uncomfortable just being around him.

In fact, if he never mentioned that he was gay, how did they know? And if it's because he was "gay acting", then how do they know that there aren't other gay guys around them who appear to be totally heterosexual? Some gay guys are obviously gay; others aren't.

Old 01-10-2010, 03:40 PM

6,734 posts, read 9,340,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
gosh I am sick of this
they serve because they want to just like everyone else that joins the military
we do not have a draft any longer
and by them serving, they should be able to be open
if the president or the military has a problem, they should get over it
they are as much hero as anyone else
well said and on point

Old 01-10-2010, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Not joking one bit.
Scary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies