Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2010, 07:13 PM

2,847 posts, read 2,515,515 times

Advertisements

Does it seem strange to anyone else that Hilary has been incredibly quiet about terrorism, health care. Is she not trying to steal Obama's thunder or is she politically astute and letting him hang himself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2010, 07:18 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,435,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoisjongalt View Post

Yeah your Obama has SURE done a total 180 in Iraq huh? And of course he's getting us out of Afghanistan. No wait. I'm thinking of his campaign not his actual actions.
No, you're thinking fantasies that never happened. Barack Obama campaigned on INCREASING our presence in Afghanistan and focusing on where the Taliban and Al Qaeda were actually making a resurgence because Bushco ignored them to avenge his daddy in Iraq. He's doing EXACTLY what he campaigned on.

Old 01-11-2010, 07:24 PM

2,325 posts, read 5,507,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliveandwellinSA View Post
Does it seem strange to anyone else that Hilary has been incredibly quiet about terrorism, health care. Is she not trying to steal Obama's thunder or is she politically astute and letting him hang himself.
I think she's doing both. She's very smart. She can't say or do things that will upstage Obama, much less criticize him. But, no matter what happens to his political career, she'll come out still standing.

Old 01-11-2010, 08:55 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliveandwellinSA View Post
They have her duck taped in a broom closet somewhere in the WH.
Maybe one day they'll let her out

On a more serious note, I have noticed that Hillary is more in the background while Obama takes the stage. Hillary is smart so I'm sure she knows what she's doing. I think she's being held back from doing her job to her full potential. I could easily picture her as another Condi Rice..out front and in the Press all the time. Condi did her job well and you must admit, Bush did not upstage her and do her job.

Old 01-11-2010, 08:59 PM

796 posts, read 505,086 times
Hillary was the best choice for Dems but I guess America wanted to prove they aren't racist.

Old 01-11-2010, 09:05 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,032,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
I think she's being held back from doing her job to her full potential. I could easily picture her as another Condi Rice..out front and in the Press all the time.
Well perhaps the problem is that Hillary doesn't have to be in front of the press as much as Condi, after all she doesn't have to explain why there were no weapons of mass destruction, that Abu Ghraib was only a few bad apples, that no she didn't lie when it was implied that Saddam was involved in 9/11, why Gitmo was a nice place or that the U.S. didn't torture except... Face it Condi had a rather full plate.

Or you could just read the paper or Google news and you would see that Sec. Clinton is in the news quite a bit.

Old 01-11-2010, 10:15 PM

2,847 posts, read 2,515,515 times
Hillary's More Popular Than Obama. Here's Why. - The Atlantic Politics Channel

Old 01-11-2010, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post

Condi did her job well and you must admit.
No, I mustn't admit any such thing. In fact, I completely dispute it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post

Well perhaps the problem is that Hillary doesn't have to be in front of the press as much as Condi, after all she doesn't have to explain why there were no weapons of mass destruction, that Abu Ghraib was only a few bad apples, that no she didn't lie when it was implied that Saddam was involved in 9/11, why Gitmo was a nice place or that the U.S. didn't torture except... Face it Condi had a rather full plate.

Or you could just read the paper or Google news and you would see that Sec. Clinton is in the news quite a bit.
Exactly, and exactly.

Clinton Embarks on Pacific Trip; Focus on Terror (http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2010/01/11/us/politics/AP-US-Clinton.html?_r=1 - broken link)
Clinton: Iran sanctions should target elite (http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_CLINTON_IRAN?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFA ULT - broken link)
Clinton warns Sudan at 'critical juncture'
Clinton Points to Possible Tensions With China
Secretary Clinton dines with high-tech titans to talk diplomacy
Secretary Clinton strongly endorses global reproductive health investments
Secretary Of State Clinton On Iran (http://www.voanews.com/uspolicy/2010-01-08-voa1.cfm - broken link)

I'm bored now. It gets old proving the wingheads wrong all the time.

Old 01-11-2010, 10:29 PM

A nearly 3 month old poll is relevant, how, exactly?

Old 01-11-2010, 10:52 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
No, I mustn't admit any such thing. In fact, I completely dispute it.

I'm bored now. It gets old proving the wingheads wrong all the time.
Well you only took part of my sentence and spinned it to your advantage.
Out of context so you could object from a anti-wingnut perspective ?

My full sentence was that Bush let Condi do her job and not upstage her like I think Obama is doing to Hillary.

Condi was able to do her job and deal with foreign heads of state well.
She had a strong personality that suited the job. That is a tough job for a woman seeing how many countries in this world treat women like third class citizens.

No mention of Republican agendas here..just a comment on a woman in politics and how she held herself and came across very confident in herself.

Does everything have to be Dem vs Repub ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies