U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2010, 09:35 PM

31,375 posts, read 19,636,273 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Excellent segment.

Hot Air » Blog Archive » Palin’s debut as Fox News contributor: Steve Schmidt’s a liar

Suffice it to say, she is much more articulate and composed than the Left's worse nightmare.
Exactly what was it Palin said that was so impressive? When she started her babbling rant about foreign policy, O'Reilly would quickly cut her off with another tailored question. Listen to the interview, Palin is never allowed to go on with her mindless ranting. A very carefully choreographed interview!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2010, 01:51 AM

19,216 posts, read 12,995,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
Sorry, I don't give a pass to ignorant haters.
Quit projecting, I'm splitting a gut!

Stop it!

Old 01-13-2010, 05:54 AM

41,314 posts, read 39,606,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Exactly what was it Palin said that was so impressive? When she started her babbling rant about foreign policy, O'Reilly would quickly cut her off with another tailored question. Listen to the interview, Palin is never allowed to go on with her mindless ranting. A very carefully choreographed interview!
What babbling rant?

She said it is time to start implementing some of those financial sanctions against Iran that obama has been talking about so much...but doing little else.

As with all politicians, when asked a direct question about attacking Iran, she sticks with the "implement the tougher sanction" first.

What exactly did you disagree with?

Be specific - the tape is here so we can judge whether your disgust is based on truth....or something else.

Old 01-13-2010, 06:32 AM

12,482 posts, read 8,840,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jy_2007 View Post
Palin To Become Fox News Contributor | TPM LiveWire

well, fellow libs, looks like our chances of seeing her in another political race are now officially slim to none.

any hope of Michelle Bachmann taking a shot at Iowa???
this has the left fired up. they complain she is dumb, attack her family, attack her, insult her. If she is all that and such a an awful person that its OK to attack her family for months, why are they so paranoid about her?
what is it about Sarah palin that brings such hate from the left? Harry reid is OK to misspeak concerning racial comments, but no hate for Harry.

I think its funny at this point the reaction the left has towards this woman. watching them foam at the mouth with hate for her and her family convinces me they are scared because she speaks to a segment of the population they know they can not speak to.

Old 01-13-2010, 06:42 AM

17,700 posts, read 35,630,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jy_2007 View Post
Palin To Become Fox News Contributor | TPM LiveWire

well, fellow libs, looks like our chances of seeing her in another political race are now officially slim to none.

any hope of Michelle Bachmann taking a shot at Iowa???
oh man, that would be AWESOME!!!!! oh man ... i want her to get the nomination just to see her debate Barack Obama!!!! It would be the best comedy show of this new century.

Sarah Palin has no intention of getting back into running for office. IT'S TOO HARD!!!!! She may have to say things that other people tell her to say and PREPARE for interviews. What is this show of hers going to be like .. certainly she's not going to be interviewing people is she???? I can't imagine there being enough room on any stage to compete with that alaska sized ego of hers.

It is funny though ... with Palin on board, the sound of the ticking down of Glenn Beck's career at Fox is deafening!

Old 01-13-2010, 09:15 AM

880 posts, read 1,755,758 times
Another FOX bimbo all she is missing is the blonde hair.

Old 01-13-2010, 09:42 AM

20,364 posts, read 13,885,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peggy Anne View Post
I can see it now : The knuckledraggers fetching a beer, flopping into the recliner, grabbing the remote, and saying things like "WOW ! a fox on FOX, man ! She's soooo hawt ! Woah, there, woodie...schwing....come onnnnn Sarah bay bay.....oooofff ooooof. "
The level of utter hatred, sexism and bigotry you people display on a daily basis only reinforces the stereotypes of the ignorant, intolerant, mean spirited liberal who looks down with contempt on anyone who they perceive comes from a common class upbringing.

Old 01-13-2010, 09:53 AM

921 posts, read 985,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
oh man, that would be AWESOME!!!!! oh man ... i want her to get the nomination just to see her debate Barack Obama!!!! It would be the best comedy show of this new century.

Sarah Palin has no intention of getting back into running for office. IT'S TOO HARD!!!!! She may have to say things that other people tell her to say and PREPARE for interviews. What is this show of hers going to be like .. certainly she's not going to be interviewing people is she???? I can't imagine there being enough room on any stage to compete with that alaska sized ego of hers.

It is funny though ... with Palin on board, the sound of the ticking down of Glenn Beck's career at Fox is deafening!

Wow, I wonder if Fox News Chief Political Correspondent, Carl Cameron, had any say so on her receiving a position with their team. The reason this flags a concern is because when they interviewed her on air in 2008, he pointed out the fact that she didn't even know that Africa was a continent, so that meant she didn't have much knowledge in geography.
Palin Didn't Know Africa Is A Continent, Says Fox News Reporter (VIDEO)

If that's the situation, than all of the Fox News Staff are idiots or they just don't care who they hire to inform their viewers, as long as that person is popular enough to boost their ratings.

The Fox News Network & their viewers all better wake up and realize all of the toxic they're airing because if their team continues to grow with staff without knowledge, it will be a huge problem & could have a long-term effect on their viewers!

Old 01-13-2010, 10:18 AM

1,731 posts, read 2,302,218 times
Exclamation To Which The Captain Says: Bullcookies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
The level of utter hatred, sexism and bigotry you people display on a daily basis only reinforces the stereotypes of the ignorant, intolerant, mean spirited liberal who looks down with contempt on anyone who they perceive comes from a common class upbringing.
And every time someone doesn't appear to have their lips surgically attached to her hiney, or DARES to offer criticism of her (which by the way, need I remind folks AGAIN, we DON'T need your permission to do so) or anyone else on that side, we are all damned as 'liberals', and mean-spirited, sexist, bigoted, etc...

Well, you can frankly stick all that, because as long as I have brain cells, a vote, breath in my body, comprehensive skills, and most importantly, AN OPINION, you will hear my mouth HERE, offline, or anyplace else I so choose...

I am getting damned sick and tired of having labels slapped on people just because they have (according to you) the gall to open their mouths and (GASP!!) say the emperor has no clothes...don't like what we have to say? Tough noogies, because if she puts herself on the firing line by joining Fox News (an oxymoron waiting to happen), then she (and you folks) need to grow a pair and deal with it (the ongoing and upcoming criticism), because, like you love to scream 24/7, this is America, and people aren't going to shut up just because you sit on your throne going 'tsk tsk...why won't they leave poor Sarah alone?'

Old 01-13-2010, 10:23 AM

9,321 posts, read 16,585,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
What babbling rant?

She said it is time to start implementing some of those financial sanctions against Iran that obama has been talking about so much...but doing little else.

As with all politicians, when asked a direct question about attacking Iran, she sticks with the "implement the tougher sanction" first.

What exactly did you disagree with?

Be specific - the tape is here so we can judge whether your disgust is based on truth....or something else.
I thought she was very insightful. I like her and find it amusing that so many are threatened by her. Good for Fox news. I also noticed that their ratings are miles above the others. As far as attacking Iran, most democrats when cornered would reply the same way. Which dem idiot running for office stated that their are no more terrorists in Afganistan? LOL Now there is leadership we can count on. LOL Good post Sanrene.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies