Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2010, 02:17 PM

5,476 posts, read 12,244,635 times

Advertisements

The only people confident that Obama will "handle" terrorism are the terrorists.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2010, 02:22 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,526,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatyousay View Post
I didn't say all, jeez.
Bneplar said "all," and I was responding to him/her.
Quote:
And I was asking a question.
To which I answered, "Don't know."
Quote:
You can bet there will be more released detainees though as judges throw out evidence against them. Evidence gathered in the battlefield now must be met with the same scrutiny as evidence gathered in a civilian crime scene in the US.
That's a nice crystal ball you have, but I don't trust it. Furthermore, many will be tried in military court, which I already stated.

Old 01-11-2010, 03:01 PM

7,545 posts, read 8,326,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
Bneplar said "all," and I was responding to him/her.
Well you directed your answer to me, not Bneplar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
That's a nice crystal ball you have, but I don't trust it. Furthermore, many will be tried in military court, which I already stated.
I don't claim to have a crystal ball, I'm going off of what's already happening. This link was originally posted by Sanrene (to give credit where its due). Judge tosses out most evidence on Gitmo detainee - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100108/ap_on_go_ot/us_guantanamo_detainee - broken link)

Old 01-11-2010, 03:03 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,305,617 times
And I can find 100 polls that show that people do not trust Obama with our safety.

He has already screwed things up enough.

Now that he has finally taken full responsibility for any future actions then we the people will make sure HE is held accountable for either doing a good job or screwing things up.

If something happens and he is found to have screwed it up, he will be pushed to resign.

Bush kept your butt safe for many years and Obama is already having issues with our safety and poor decision making.

It is hard to find anyone who trust Obama on any issue. They are few and far between.

Old 01-11-2010, 03:13 PM

2,352 posts, read 2,279,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
The truth lie in the years surveyed. You should be asking yourself why they gauged confidence only 1 year into Barack Obama's term, but didn't do the same for George W. Bush.

Can't believe you folks fall for this tripe. (Actually, yes I can believe it.)
So in your ludicrous example, you would only deem it a fair comparison to have measured the American people's opinion right on the heels of 9/11 to the rating of Obama's first term.

And you think that should be the basis of a "fair comparison"? And you don't see an issue with that? lolololol

Too bad reality isn't your friend on this.

Old 01-11-2010, 03:20 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,121,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustCallMeTC View Post
So in your ludicrous example, you would only deem it a fair comparison to have measured the American people's opinion right on the heels of 9/11 to the rating of Obama's first term.

And you think that should be the basis of a "fair comparison"? And you don't see an issue with that? lolololol

Too bad reality isn't your friend on this.
Holy crap. You are indeed a lost cause if this blatant unfairness does not register to you.

It is very common to gauge any number of things after a President's first 100 days, first year, first term, etc. Gauging confidence in the fight agaist terror should be a 1:1 comparison; this survey is nothing of the sort.

The actual terrorist events are irrelevant to the surveyed question. 9/11...shoe bombers...underwear bombers...all of it irrrelevant. The question references GWB's arbitrary 5th year in office to Obama's first. Obama's first year should be compared to Bush's first year, not some arbirtrary out of the blue year. There is NO valid comparison here. It's sad that I have to explain that to you, but i'm certainly not surprised.

Old 01-11-2010, 03:25 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,694,182 times
Quote:
Meanwhile, reality bites those on the right yet again.

Must suck to have to rely upon fear as your only friend.
Could say the same for those who live in denial. Must be cozy in that security blanket of denial.

I don't doubt the attempts will be increasing in number and frequency. While we are spinning our wheels in react mode at airports, homeland security is ignoring trains, schools and malls -- and our borders.

Old 01-11-2010, 03:53 PM

1,530 posts, read 1,532,849 times
This would answer alot of questions if it's true. Where was Barry when he was at Columbia?

YouTube - Pastor James Manning accuses Columbia University of treason, Obama i

Old 01-11-2010, 05:07 PM

59,040 posts, read 27,298,344 times
Quote:
Poor righties. The fear card is no longer working. Imagine that?
When you keep your cool, when everybody else loses theirs, maybe you haven't grasped the situation.

Old 01-11-2010, 06:05 PM

2,553 posts, read 2,435,782 times
The conclusion you've reached is exactly what the authors of the report would like you to make but, that conclusion can not be made based on the data supplied. There's a four year difference between when the two polls were taken.....the same people (or the amount of people questioned) were not used in the two polls....only half the sample was used for the Obama poll....there are asterisks on the Buwsh data but, no footnotes to explain what they mean.

Basically, there two different polls taken of two completely different groups of people, at different times (4 years apart), during different administrations...there were completely different current events going on at each time. You can't compare one poll to the other.

If you want to know who people feel or felt safer with, then they can just poll people with that question but, it's still going to depend on who they poll (all democrats, all republicans, all independents or how many of each).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies