Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2010, 11:43 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,569,482 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneTraveler View Post
Also, Chinese people seem to be supportive of their 1-child policy. I recently ended a relationship with a Chinese man. He, and every SINGLE one of his friends who came from China, are in support of that policy, as are most of China's urban and educated class. As my ex told me, if you cannot feed them, then they should not be born.
I agree. Don't have sex or use protection if you cannot afford a child/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2010, 11:51 PM

4,696 posts, read 5,819,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
I agree. Don't have sex or use protection if you cannot afford a child/
I agree as well. If everyone thought this way there would be a lot less hunger in the world.

Old 01-14-2010, 10:13 PM

Here is another article about this subject.

China's Under-population Crisis (http://www.tinyurl.com/yczyp3q - broken link)

Old 01-16-2010, 12:02 AM

805 posts, read 1,509,581 times
I don't see any portending disaster with this. People of both sexes do not generally marry anybody exactly their own age anyway. People marry someone a few yrs up to even 10 yrs or more older, or younger. That's just the way it is, and that's what these extra 24 million Chinese men will do.

Besides, brothels flourish like crazy all over in China and throughout the Asian region. It's the culture there to visit brothels for a lot of men so I suspect if they need to, they'll go to one.

Preventing 400 million births in my view is worth creating 24 million more men than women. I don't agree with abortion of female fetuses, but China didn't and dont' have a choice. The sea of humanity choking and clogging every available space is something that you could never erase from your memory if you could witness it.

The other thing is, there are millions of singles in America, marriageable age, not choosing to be married. Therefore, so what if there are 24 million men who can't find wives? They'll end up like a lot of singles in developed countries! Some even for life!

Old 01-16-2010, 12:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aqua0 View Post
I don't see any portending disaster with this. People of both sexes do not generally marry anybody exactly their own age anyway. People marry someone a few yrs up to even 10 yrs or more older, or younger. That's just the way it is, and that's what these extra 24 million Chinese men will do.

Besides, brothels flourish like crazy all over in China and throughout the Asian region. It's the culture there to visit brothels for a lot of men so I suspect if they need to, they'll go to one.

Preventing 400 million births in my view is worth creating 24 million more men than women. I don't agree with abortion of female fetuses, but China didn't and dont' have a choice. The sea of humanity choking and clogging every available space is something that you could never erase from your memory if you could witness it.

The other thing is, there are millions of singles in America, marriageable age, not choosing to be married. Therefore, so what if there are 24 million men who can't find wives? They'll end up like a lot of singles in developed countries! Some even for life!
I wouldn;t have a problem with the one child policy if girls weren't being selected for abortion. You underestimate how tragic it is for a person to go a lifetime without being able to find a mate. Our lives are meaningless otherwise. Being a brothel customer can not compare to finding a partner to be in a loving relationship with. Millions of Chinese men will be sad and lonely their entire lives. I feel compassion for these men and nothing but the deepest of hatred towards the couples who abort a baby because it's a girl..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies