Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2010, 06:51 PM

6,183 posts, read 6,074,281 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post
Gallup has his approval at 49%

RealClearPolitics - Election Other - President Obama Job Approval

RCP has his approval at 48.2%, which is practically the same as it was on Dec 14, 2009.

Not much of a "tanking" ... now is it?
Word. And I just got my 401K and mutual fund statements today and they both rose in 2009. I know I'm not the only one who experienced this for 2009. A wise man once told me pocketbooks outweight political alliances. I'd be surprised if Obama isn't above 50% by the end of the 1st quarter of 2010.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2010, 06:57 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,544,828 times
You guys ain't seen nothing yet!

When those 911 masterminds walk free or don't get the death penalty, because they were given American rights, Obama's head is gonna swim.

Old 01-11-2010, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
You guys ain't seen nothing yet!

When those 911 masterminds walk free or don't get the death penalty, because they were given American rights, Obama's head is gonna swim.
And the chances of that happening are less than 1/10th of 1%. Obama even opnely stated they'd get the death penalty. When and if that occurs his approval rating will only go higher.

Old 01-11-2010, 07:22 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,305,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twista6002 View Post
And the chances of that happening are less than 1/10th of 1%. Obama even opnely stated they'd get the death penalty. When and if that occurs his approval rating will only go higher.

Thank you for clarifying what he said.

Anyone would know that could be used in a trial as an excuse for a mistrial when someone states this before the trial begins.

Who is Obama to state what they will get? Is he the judge or the jury?

Talk about being a lame attorney who might have ruined the case against them.

I see his numbers continue to tank, for some reason I believe some dems will go away from this HC bill and not allow it to pass knowing there jobs will be gone soon. Then Obama will get the blame for spending an entire year on an issue that is not of utmost importance such as jobs, security, mortgages etc.

Old 01-11-2010, 07:23 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,948,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twista6002 View Post
Yes. It will be swell to spend $200M+ on these trials. I'm sure his rating will go through the roof when anyone with half a brain realizing these folks don't need a trial.

Last edited by 01Snake; 01-11-2010 at 07:29 PM.. Reason: Million, not Billion. That could ultimately be a closer figure..who knows. :D

Old 01-11-2010, 07:24 PM

49 posts, read 31,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
And here comes the cheering squad! Take it away guys!

Mm, mmm, mm!
Barack Hussein Obama

He said that all must lend a hand
To make this country strong again
Mmm, mmm, mm!
Barack Hussein Obama

He said we must be fair today
Equal work means equal pay
Mmm, mmm, mm!
Barack Hussein Obama

He said that we must take a stand
To make sure everyone gets a chance
Mmm, mmm, mm!
Barack Hussein Obama

He said red, yellow, black or white
All are equal in his sight
Mmm, mmm, mm!
Barack Hussein Obama

Yes!
Mmm, mmm, mm
Barack Hussein Obama
Is that supposed to be some sort of humor? It sounds like a six year old child wrote that.

Old 01-11-2010, 07:26 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,305,617 times
Quote:
Yes. It will be swell to spend $200B+ on these trials. I'm sure his rating will go through the roof when anyone with half a brain realizing these folks don't need a trial.

He would rather spend 200b on a mock trial then helping people save their homes from foreclosure.

Someone has their priorities messed up.

Old 01-11-2010, 07:28 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,948,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Battmann View Post
Is that supposed to be some sort of humor? It sounds like a six year old child wrote that.
You'll have to check with school officials as far as who penned this little ditty as it is in fact the lyrics to the song sung by students at a New Jersey elementary last year.

Oh, I did find the lyrics pretty humorous. Thanks for asking.

Old 01-11-2010, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Thank you for clarifying what he said.

Anyone would know that could be used in a trial as an excuse for a mistrial when someone states this before the trial begins.

Who is Obama to state what they will get? Is he the judge or the jury?

Talk about being a lame attorney who might have ruined the case against them.

I see his numbers continue to tank, for some reason I believe some dems will go away from this HC bill and not allow it to pass knowing there jobs will be gone soon. Then Obama will get the blame for spending an entire year on an issue that is not of utmost importance such as jobs, security, mortgages etc.
And Obama isn't a witness nor person of interest or power in the trial. He's a neutral party. And have you ever heard of a retrial? There are people who have committed murders who have been tried 3 or 4 times.

Old 01-11-2010, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Yes. It will be swell to spend $200M+ on these trials. I'm sure his rating will go through the roof when anyone with half a brain realizing these folks don't need a trial.
Yea, and keeping Guatanamo open was free and military trials were free too. Call me crazy but people who committ crimes on American soil should be tried in American courts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies