U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-11-2010, 09:14 PM
 
Location: SARASOTA, FLORIDA
11,501 posts, read 13,432,292 times
Reputation: 4876

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
Well, I certainly believe Reagan was one of the best presidents, but you most certainly do not.

You have stated so yourself: approval rating below 40%, umemployment above 10% for almost 3 years of his presidency... these, by your definition, are the markings of a failed president.

Nice of you to pick certain areas to boost a point.

When Obama is known as a respected leader and starts to like America for the first time in his life like his wifey now does then come back and talk some more.

Obama has failed at EVERY important aspect of his job, Reagan did not fail every aspect by a long shot like Obamie the Commie has.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-11-2010, 09:17 PM
 
8,743 posts, read 10,278,681 times
Reputation: 3386
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Nice of you to pick certain areas to boost a point.

When Obama is known as a respected leader and starts to like America for the first time in his life like his wifey now does then come back and talk some more.

Obama has failed at EVERY important aspect of his job, Reagan did not fail every aspect by a long shot like Obamie the Commie has.
Only in YOUR MIND he failed at everything. But I thought a the approval ratings of Obama means he is a failure? If Reagan had that, that also equalizes him as a failure.

Of course you wont admit it. Just like the righties were so excited that Palin had the same approval rating like Obama. Then when I point out that they say how Obama is a failure because of his approval ratings, then that ALSO means Palin is a failure, they don't reply.

Standards are too low for the right. Seriously. Way too low.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
You must not follow my post much.

It is perfect timing for him to have won, teamed up with two other failures in Pelosi and Reid the dems will team up to end liberalism in America and Obama will get all of the blame for it.

Nah, not worried about Obama at all, it is the perfect marriage at the perfect time in America.

A failed WH and and failed congress together spells the end of liberalism.
You talk about the end of liberalism a lot.

With Bush the failure and how he messed it up with all that went on, were you talking about the end of conservatism? I am sure you were.

And honestly, as much as you say it over and over again, LIBERALISM WILL ALWAYS BE HERE.

I do not get where you get the idea that it will be gone because it wont. Even if a (G)arbage (O)ld (P)arty candidate wins, I will still be a liberal. Same with half the country.

Care to explain?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-11-2010, 09:17 PM
 
11,145 posts, read 13,915,821 times
Reputation: 4209
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Nice of you to pick certain areas to boost a point.

When Obama is known as a respected leader and starts to like America for the first time in his life like his wifey now does then come back and talk some more.

Obama has failed at EVERY important aspect of his job, Reagan did not fail every aspect by a long shot like Obamie the Commie has.
So, by avoiding the point, you acknowledge that Reagan was a failed president for the PRECISE same reasons that you believe Obama to be a failed president.

No changing the subject to one of your cut and paste rants full of empty rhetoric. How else would you explain your delight at his approval ratings that mirror Reagan's?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-11-2010, 09:20 PM
 
8,743 posts, read 10,278,681 times
Reputation: 3386
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
So, by avoiding the point, you acknowledge that Reagan was a failed president for the PRECISE same reasons that you believe Obama to be a failed president.

No changing the subject to one of your cut and paste rants full of empty rhetoric. How else would you explain your delight at his approval ratings that mirror Reagan's?
Yes, she does acknowledge it.
Even if she does not say it directly, ANY logical person (and I am sure Sunnydays is logical, right?) would see it.

If Obama is a failure at 40 percent, then Reagan was too. Unless there is a special exception for Republicans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-11-2010, 09:34 PM
 
Location: SARASOTA, FLORIDA
11,501 posts, read 13,432,292 times
Reputation: 4876
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Only in YOUR MIND he failed at everything. But I thought a the approval ratings of Obama means he is a failure? If Reagan had that, that also equalizes him as a failure.

Of course you wont admit it. Just like the righties were so excited that Palin had the same approval rating like Obama. Then when I point out that they say how Obama is a failure because of his approval ratings, then that ALSO means Palin is a failure, they don't reply.

Standards are too low for the right. Seriously. Way too low.


You talk about the end of liberalism a lot.

With Bush the failure and how he messed it up with all that went on, were you talking about the end of conservatism? I am sure you were.

And honestly, as much as you say it over and over again, LIBERALISM WILL ALWAYS BE HERE.

I do not get where you get the idea that it will be gone because it wont. Even if a (G)arbage (O)ld (P)arty candidate wins, I will still be a liberal. Same with half the country.

Care to explain?

Half the country?

20% being liberal is half the country?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-11-2010, 09:38 PM
 
Location: SARASOTA, FLORIDA
11,501 posts, read 13,432,292 times
Reputation: 4876
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Yes, she does acknowledge it.
Even if she does not say it directly, ANY logical person (and I am sure Sunnydays is logical, right?) would see it.

If Obama is a failure at 40 percent, then Reagan was too. Unless there is a special exception for Republicans.

You know my post and know that I disagreed with Bush and Reagan on many issues.

To compare Reagan the leader to Obama is crazy. He does not have what it takes to be a leader like Reagan was.

Reagan was not fake, he had everyone in awe when he spoke and he spoke without a damn teleprompter in his face.

Like it or not, none of them are perfect.

Reagan was a true leader and an icon, he was not perfect by any means but he sure the hell cannot be compared in any way to Obama because Obama has not accomplished a single major important issue yet.

For some posters to pick and choose certain areas is insane. Nice try though.

Obama will never be like Reagan, even if he has 3 more years left he does not have what it takes to even come close.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-11-2010, 09:47 PM
 
11,145 posts, read 13,915,821 times
Reputation: 4209
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
You know my post and know that I disagreed with Bush and Reagan on many issues.

To compare Reagan the leader to Obama is crazy. He does not have what it takes to be a leader like Reagan was.

Reagan was not fake, he had everyone in awe when he spoke and he spoke without a damn teleprompter in his face.

Like it or not, none of them are perfect.

Reagan was a true leader and an icon, he was not perfect by any means but he sure the hell cannot be compared in any way to Obama because Obama has not accomplished a single major important issue yet.

For some posters to pick and choose certain areas is insane. Nice try though.

Obama will never be like Reagan, even if he has 3 more years left he does not have what it takes to even come close.

1. Reagan used teleprompters .... ALL the time. Stop falling for cheap political stunts designed to manipulate those who wonm't think for themselves. You're better than that.
http://i352.photobucket.com/albums/r...LEPROMPTER.png

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...gress_1988.jpg


2. The rest is just your OPINION, in an attempt to avoid addressing the FACTs that Reagan's approval ratings tanked in his first year as unemployment sky-rocketed and remained high for 3 YEARS.


Whatever you want to think about Obama is fine - it's your right.

You can't, however, try to create some argument around leadership qualities and deny the cold, hard facts, which are that you based your assertion that Obama is failing on his approval rating (Taylor Swift is really popular now, btw).

As such, you cannot deny the link to Reagan's equivalent failure, based on your logic. Should Obama survive avoid the bullet of an extremist - I am confident that you will see a very similar trajectory continue to emerge in parallel with Reagan. Just pay attention. Both are fulfilling the same function.

Obama's actually demonstrated extremely strong leadership abilities, according to those who know leadership the best. In contrast, Bush was never able to rise to the level of a leader, which is the core of his failure as president.

Rest assured, we're in good hands, son. God bless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-11-2010, 09:50 PM
 
Location: Chicagoland
41,314 posts, read 39,603,088 times
Reputation: 7107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
You beat me to it Sanrene, never before has someone TANKED so quick as Obama has.

He owns that record too!!

"I, Sunny Days agree that Barrack Obama will never amount to crap and would not make a pimple on Reagan's left butt cheek. I also know that Obama hates America with a passion and wants to further destroy it"

Thanks for the memories and the gift of Obama.

The end of liberalism is very near.
If some "force" were deliberately setting out to destroy America, could they do a better job than what obama has accomplished in such a short period of time?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-11-2010, 09:53 PM
 
3,854 posts, read 3,744,217 times
Reputation: 557
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
He would rather spend 200b on a mock trial then helping people save their homes from foreclosure.

Someone has their priorities messed up.
Is it true that lawyers, judges, and other court personnel don't have mortgages to pay?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-11-2010, 09:53 PM
 
Location: Chicagoland
41,314 posts, read 39,603,088 times
Reputation: 7107
Quote:
Originally Posted by twista6002 View Post
Considering Obama won 52% of the vote, I have no idea how you believe his approval rating was near 70%.
The pollsters had his approval rating when he first took office around 70%. They do that for every president.

Like here;

http://www.gallup.com/poll/113980/Ga...-Approval.aspx

See that wonderful negative slope?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top