U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2010, 09:57 PM

11,145 posts, read 13,875,831 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
If some "force" were deliberately setting out to destroy America, could they do a better job than what obama has accomplished in such a short period of time?
Well, perhaps it took a little longer, but many people feel Bush certainly fits your description.

The same hyperbolic reactions emerged when Clinton took over and he ended up running one of the most successful periods of U.S. history.

Be patient. We've seen what happens when your ideology has unfettered control. It nearly desrtroyed us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2010, 10:04 PM

41,314 posts, read 39,488,977 times
Quote:
Be patient. We've seen what happens when your ideology has unfettered control. It nearly desrtroyed us.
I think you have the destruction and unfettered control mixed up - that is happening today.

The GOP never had a big enough majority in the Senate.

Old 01-11-2010, 10:04 PM

30,382 posts, read 20,012,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post
Gallup has his approval at 49%

RealClearPolitics - Election Other - President Obama Job Approval

RCP has his approval at 48.2%, which is practically the same as it was on Dec 14, 2009.

Not much of a "tanking" ... now is it?

You Republicans ... and your silly threads !!!

49% sucks too.

RCP averages in old polls. It's yesterday's news.

Rasmussen has him at 46%. Coincident?

Obama Approval Index History - Rasmussen Reports™

Old 01-11-2010, 10:06 PM

41,314 posts, read 39,488,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
49% sucks too.

RCP averages in old polls. It's yesterday's news.

Rasmussen has him at 46%. Coincident?

Obama Approval Index History - Rasmussen Reports™
Look how happy he was just a few short days ago;

Obama Job Approval Ratings On The Rise !!!

Old 01-11-2010, 10:44 PM

8,743 posts, read 10,244,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Half the country?

20% being liberal is half the country?
Well 30 percent of conservatives did not go voting for Obama, now did they?

Old 01-11-2010, 10:47 PM

7,342 posts, read 7,114,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twista6002 View Post

And the chances of that happening are less than 1/10th of 1%. Obama even opnely stated they'd get the death penalty. When and if that occurs his approval rating will only go higher.
And I can't wait to hear how the Republicans plan on ripping him a new one when that happens. Because you know they'll find some reason to shriek about how it makes him a novice who hates America and wants the terrorists to destroy it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by twista6002 View Post

Yea, and keeping Guatanamo open was free and military trials were free too. Call me crazy but people who committ crimes on American soil should be tried in American courts.
Interestingly, the Bush administration agreed with this concept, too!

"Americans are simply unaware of the fact that we’ve had 195 convictions of suspected terrorists in U.S. courts since 2001. The terrorists who bombed the World Trade Center in 1993 were tried and convicted in U.S. courts and are now locked away in a federal supermax prison. The harshest critics — the ones who are braying the loudest that the sky is going to fall and Americans are all in danger — were totally silent when terrorist suspects were brought to trial in the United States by the Bush administration. You heard no outcry from Senator McConnell or Senator Lieberman when Bush did it. That’s the very definition of hypocrisy."

Source.
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post

Thats not what he asked you. Answer the question.
Don't hold your breath.

Old 01-11-2010, 11:12 PM

6,183 posts, read 4,967,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
The pollsters had his approval rating when he first took office around 70%. They do that for every president.

Like here;

Gallup Daily: Obama Job Approval

See that wonderful negative slope?
If you want to include the honeymoon period as part of his approval ratings then fine. I guess people were REALLY happy Bush was no longer president. Keep in mind Clinton had a disapproval rate of 54% (Obama's is 41%) as late as November of 1994 and he won re-election easily. Reagan had a disapproval rating of 53% in September of 1983, little more than a year before a cakewalk re-election. Obama's average approval rating throughout his presidency thus far is higher than Clinton, Reagan and Nixon, all 2-term presidents. Add in the fact the economy is recovering and the Republicans don't have a single legitimate candidate to run in 2012 and he's a lock to win to re-election. Like him or not, barring disaster, he will win re-election and anyone that can look past their biases will admit that.

Old 01-11-2010, 11:24 PM

19,899 posts, read 15,843,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
I see his numbers going farther down with all his poor decisions and the dem party being in total chaos right now.

I agree with you, and when things start going even further downhill i see his numbers plummeting down even further. I 'm sorry but i don't see things getting better any time soon.

Old 01-11-2010, 11:30 PM

19,899 posts, read 15,843,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
Your the one who lacks any understanding about anything. You hate the President but it does not matter your state and all the others are under President Obama and will be for the next 7 years. Go to bed with that

Yes and may God help us, Go to bed and dream what it could have been like to not have MOB ADMINISTRATION. Better agree with this bunch or else!

Old 01-11-2010, 11:32 PM

6,183 posts, read 4,967,700 times
Things are what you make of it. I'm not a religious man but I believe there is a verse in the Bible that states: "He who seeks the light shall shine brighter than the sun. He who seeks light and dwells in darkness shall remain there."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies