Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2010, 11:48 PM

1,179 posts, read 975,051 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Today, the Southern Republican Leadership Conference announced that former House Speaker Newt Gingrich had agreed to speak at its April 8-11 event in New Orleans. The conference bills itself as “the most prominent Republican event outside of a Republican National Convention.” Reflecting the Republican Party’s difficulty in reaching out to minority voters — despite the RNC’s election of Michael Steele as chairman — the line-up of confirmed and invited speakers has just one woman (former Alaska governor Sarah Palin) and one person of color (Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal):
Read more here and see the list:

Think Progress » The overwhelming diversity of the Southern Republican Leadership Conference: one woman, one person of color.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2010, 12:08 AM

413 posts, read 561,823 times

Old 01-12-2010, 12:16 AM

3,018 posts, read 3,565,078 times
Tokens! Get your tokens!

Old 01-12-2010, 12:31 AM

1,359 posts, read 3,720,263 times
Let's not pretend to be surprised. It's long been known that "diversity" is a bad word in the rethuglican party. "Everyone" knows that Jindal, Steele, and even braindead Palin are all tokens.

The rethuglican party is still the party of the fat, white, ignorant, HS dropout, Southern, rebel flag waving, man (no offense). Only people like Rush Limbaugh (who unsurprisingly fits that definition to a T) will ever have any real power in the repug party.

Old 01-12-2010, 12:31 AM

14,848 posts, read 8,202,687 times
I heard the Republicans dont like handouts and want to close the border.

I also heard they find it ridiculous that the federal government wants to make it illegal to yell at your spouse.

Its all starting to make sense.

Old 01-12-2010, 12:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpterp View Post
Let's not pretend to be surprised. It's long been known that "diversity" is a bad word in the rethuglican party. "Everyone" knows that Jindal, Steele, and even braindead Palin are all tokens.

The rethuglican party is still the party of the fat, white, ignorant, HS dropout, Southern, rebel flag waving, man (no offense). Only people like Rush Limbaugh (who unsurprisingly fits that definition to a T) will ever have any real power in the repug party.
Lets clear things up a little bit. Diversity is not a virtue, it matters absolutely not, and causes far more problems than any perceived value. It has been proven time and again that Republicans on average are more educated than Democrats.

But yes, the Republicans are grasping at straws in trying to clean up their image. Jindal and steele are a pretty pathetic attempt to draw the minority vote.

Old 01-12-2010, 01:36 AM

11,449 posts, read 14,461,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
I heard the Republicans dont like handouts....
'Cept when Bush is sending them stimulus checks to go buy shyt with....

Old 01-12-2010, 01:37 AM

11,449 posts, read 14,461,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
It has been proven time and again that Republicans on average are more educated than Democrats.
"Proven"....are you sourcing yourself like some of the others around here?

Old 01-12-2010, 01:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
"Proven"....are you sourcing yourself like some of the others around here?
Lumpenlogocracy: Party identification and education, 1972-2002

Republican Party (United States) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Half Sigma: Liberals smarter than conservatives, Republicans smarter than Democrats

I am sorry, but did you really expect Democrats to be more educated than Republicans? These days their power comes from pandering to recent immigrants, and brainwashed people force-fed the idea that diversity is good, despite all facts and logic proving to the contrary.

I will concede that on average liberals tend to be very educated. But the majority of democrats aren't liberals, they just attach themselves to the party for free handouts. I can't say that I blame them. If I was a recent immigrant, with no job skills or an education, I would damn sure vote for my gravy train of foodstamps, free housing, and free healthcare. And hey, the so-called "enlightened" liberals want to make me seem like I am the victim? And they want to expand immigration so all my extended family(who also have no education and don't speak English) can come here too? And they want to give my buddies amnesty? Damn, am I dreaming?

Last edited by Redshadowz; 01-12-2010 at 02:03 AM..

Old 01-12-2010, 08:02 AM

3,566 posts, read 3,731,911 times
Might it be that Republicans place less value on "diversity" and more value on merit? Case in point: the powers that be in New Haven, CT thought it more important to have minority faces in the upper ranks of the fire department than to have people of demonstrated (by passing the test the city itself administered) capability. Diversity trumps the security needs of the people and the rights of more qualified applicants.

By the way. Do you know for a fact that only Bobby Jindal and Sarah Palin were invited to speak? Is it possible other minorities and women were invited and chose not to attend for one reason or another? Just asking...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies