Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2010, 10:05 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,545,862 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGACK View Post
Indeed it was. You get the sense he felt Brown was being rather uppity for daring to correct him on it at all.
A great moment in campaign history!!

It would be criminal if Brown did not win!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2010, 12:17 PM

2,170 posts, read 2,861,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
A great moment in campaign history!!

It would be criminal if Brown did not win!
Brown will win. And for the first time since Paul Tsongas represented the state of MA in the Senate the people of MA will have at least one Senator who is not a lecherous, ass grabbing, falling down drunk.

Old 01-13-2010, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zgack View Post
brown will win. And for the first time since paul tsongas represented the state of ma in the senate the people of ma will have at least one senator who is not a lecherous, ass grabbing, falling down drunk.

i hope you are right!

Old 01-13-2010, 02:38 PM

1,382 posts, read 2,385,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
"ll bet that dude wasn't expecting that answer to his stupid loaded question. instead of the expected back pats and drinks it's embarrassment time
Well none of us were surprised by your childish and insulting response.

Old 01-13-2010, 03:35 PM

8,276 posts, read 11,917,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkbatca View Post
Alright then, allow me the opportunity to rephrase!

I've listened to David Gergen before on CNN, and he basically is a Democratic party sycophant who served as an adviser to Clinton. The fact that he served under Repub presidents means nothing to me, I listen to what he says. There isn't a democratic party position which he doesn't like. He claims to be "independent", yes, like Rush Limbaugh is independent. How in God's name he wound up to be moderator of this debate is beyond me. Imagine the left's outrage if Rush or Hannity was moderator of that debate...

Then he questions Brown on if his health care policy will go against the "Kennedy Seat"? Here's a clue, Gergen. Last time I checked, this is a democracy. If the majority of the people in Mass. is against the health care bill and vote Brown in, then too bad for the Kennedys.

Gergen makes it sound like the "Kennedy seat" is something you have to be coranated into, instead of elected into. As I've stated before, the US was created to secede from a king. Despite Gergen's and the left's desire to reinstate the Kennedy family as royalty, Brown pretty much laid out that "the US isn't going there"...

Gergen has served as an advisor to a number of Republican presidents as well, including Nixon and Reagan, and his history is much more extensive with the GOP than with the Dems.

How old are you?

Old 01-13-2010, 03:49 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,855,263 times
Just a reminder, Massachusetts.

Old 01-13-2010, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassVt View Post
Gergen has served as an advisor to a number of Republican presidents as well, including Nixon and Reagan, and his history is much more extensive with the GOP than with the Dems.

How old are you?

What ever he used to be, he ain't anymore!! He's was waaay up in Obama's backside thru the election and is dead in the Dems corner now.

Old 01-13-2010, 03:59 PM

3,292 posts, read 4,474,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
If Massachusetts would just finally break free of the Kennedy ghosts, they could become a real state again.
Yeah MA is a horrible state with it's big economy and world class University system. What a hellhole.

Old 01-13-2010, 04:07 PM

2,170 posts, read 2,861,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinkieMcGee View Post
Yeah MA is a horrible state with it's big economy and world class University system. What a hellhole.
If you're referring to the state university system, i.e. UMass, you are sorely mistaken. UMass is a joke. And a bad one. But there are 50+ universities within a stones throw of Boston and a few of them are pretty good. The public school system has consistently ranked among the best in the country for decades but that has seen a decline in quality too. And we are talking about government schools where the standards are notoriously low and excellence is discouraged. And the state has experienced a population decline over the last decade which threatens to see it lose a House seat following the 2010 census. That population decline would suggest the state is not such a great place to live.

Old 01-13-2010, 04:15 PM

8,276 posts, read 11,917,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Just a reminder, Massachusetts.
How soon they forget, if they ever remembered in the first place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies