U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2010, 11:39 AM

23,942 posts, read 17,603,952 times

Advertisements

sounds like he would've preferred jesse jackson..

Quote:
Georgetown Professor Michael Eric Dyson said today that he thinks that "this president runs from race like a black man runs from a cop," and that "we should push the president" about race.
Georgetown Professor: Obama 'Runs From Race Like A Black Man Runs From A Cop' (VIDEO) | TPM LiveWire
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2010, 11:40 AM

11,457 posts, read 12,357,281 times
Slow news day?

Old 01-12-2010, 11:44 AM

12,388 posts, read 11,309,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
Do white men run from cops differently than black men? I iz confuzed....

Old 01-12-2010, 11:50 AM

11,501 posts, read 13,039,997 times
Maybe for the first time in his life he is finally proud to be an American!!!

Old 01-12-2010, 12:02 PM

23,851 posts, read 19,159,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
Do white men run from cops differently than black men? I iz confuzed....
That depends on who has a belt and who doesn't.

Old 01-12-2010, 12:13 PM

95 posts, read 183,700 times
It would make sense for a guy like Dyson, a psuedo intellectual if there ever was one, to say such a thing. After all, literally everything this man has gotten in life was principally because of the fact that he mentions his race in every third syllable.

You want a good laugh? Read that mans memoir. a highlight:
“The basic problem with my love relationships with women is that my standards are so high — and they apply equally to both of us. I seek full-blast mutual intensity, fully fledged mutual acceptance, full-blown mutual flourishing, and fully felt peace and joy with each other. This requires a level of physical attraction, personal adoration, and moral admiration that is hard to find. And it shares a depth of trust and openness for a genuine soul-sharing with a mutual respect for a calling to each other and to others. Does such a woman exist for me? Only God knows and I eagerly await this divine unfolding. Like Heathcliff and Catherine’s relationship in Emily Bronte’s remarkable novel Wuthering Heights or Franz Schubert’s tempestuous piano Sonata No. 21 in B flat (D.960) I will not let life or death stand in the way of this sublime and funky love that I crave!”

Oy vey.

Old 01-12-2010, 12:27 PM

31,385 posts, read 31,073,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mehhh View Post
It would make sense for a guy like Dyson, a psuedo intellectual
A Ph.d from Princeton makes one a certified intellectual.

Old 01-12-2010, 12:27 PM

23,942 posts, read 17,603,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mehhh View Post
It would make sense for a guy like Dyson, a psuedo intellectual if there ever was one, to say such a thing. After all, literally everything this man has gotten in life was principally because of the fact that he mentions his race in every third syllable.

You want a good laugh? Read that mans memoir. a highlight:
“The basic problem with my love relationships with women is that my standards are so high — and they apply equally to both of us. I seek full-blast mutual intensity, fully fledged mutual acceptance, full-blown mutual flourishing, and fully felt peace and joy with each other. This requires a level of physical attraction, personal adoration, and moral admiration that is hard to find. And it shares a depth of trust and openness for a genuine soul-sharing with a mutual respect for a calling to each other and to others. Does such a woman exist for me? Only God knows and I eagerly await this divine unfolding. Like Heathcliff and Catherine’s relationship in Emily Bronte’s remarkable novel Wuthering Heights or Franz Schubert’s tempestuous piano Sonata No. 21 in B flat (D.960) I will not let life or death stand in the way of this sublime and funky love that I crave!”

Oy vey.

yeesh. what a fatuous twit

Old 01-12-2010, 12:29 PM

95 posts, read 183,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
A Ph.d from Princeton makes one a certified intellectual.
I was going to say something along the lines of "an associates degree in a real subject (math, physics, et al)from a community college shows more intellectual talent than a PHD in Sociology from Harvard," but that would be beneath me. I would never say such a pithy thing.

Ever.

Old 01-12-2010, 12:32 PM

31,385 posts, read 31,073,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
Just out of curiosity, since I have never notice that you have criticized the President for not being "race conscious" enough, in fact just the opposite, I would think that Dyson's comments would come as welcomed news. That is of course if you just weren't trolling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies