Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How do you rate President Obama's first year in office?
Success 40 31.50%
Failure 77 60.63%
Don't know 10 7.87%
Voters: 127. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2010, 10:23 PM

1,915 posts, read 3,486,264 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigr View Post
If you have no problem with the way you are taxed now it's obvious you are not a buisness owner. Also my parents sent me to school with no help from the government. I think there is a good chance I am older than you.
Yep!

Democrats hate big business, but they also seem to hate small business in the same kind of a way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2010, 10:25 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,571,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyG View Post
Yep!

Democrats hate big business, but they also seem to hate small business in the same kind of a way.
I am a Democrat and I do not hate big business or small business in general. They create jobs. Cool.

What I do HATE is how the big business/corporations take advantage of the little guy though.

Old 01-13-2010, 11:13 PM

1,915 posts, read 3,486,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
I am a Democrat and I do not hate big business or small business in general. They create jobs. Cool.

What I do HATE is how the big business/corporations take advantage of the little guy though.
Ok!

Define "little guy" for me so I can get on the same page with you!

Old 01-13-2010, 11:23 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,571,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyG View Post
Ok!

Define "little guy" for me so I can get on the same page with you!
Well, I am young so you might laugh at this but I have an example.

I used to work for Burger King. They are a big business. I used to go in there and work for them on short staff-so many customers.

I would get my paycheck to see they shorted my hours. I am already making $5.15 an hour (BEFORE taxes)It would be off by 2 hours or so and I would go to my manager and complain. He would say he would add it back on. They would but come on. Why do they do this in the first place?

Second of all, They gave no raises whatsoever. I worked there for 4 years. I got 2 raises. Ten cents each. I was the hardest worker and most exp (I know the right believes in rewarding hard work) and they just paid my pennies. Not only that but I would sometimes work 8-9 hour shifts and ask for a lunch or a break. Sometimes they allowed it. Sometimes they did not. Mind you, I was underage for a while too. A minor. Even though I was an adult after a while, I do believe I should be able to sit down for 15 minutes if I am working 9 hours! Don't you think? Especially in fast food where I have been standing for such a long time and constantly running from kitchen to microwave to bagging and drive through.

I would go to school from 7 am-3 pm Monday through Friday and work Sat-Sun 12-8. I was VERY hardworking.

MAN OH MAN AM I GLAD THOSE DAYS ARE OVER!

After this exp, it made me despise welfare abusers even more. I went to Target after BK. It was A LOT better but man did I see welfare abuse.

But basically, this is my example. Please dont laugh. This is my experience at the age of 21.

Old 01-14-2010, 07:40 AM

921 posts, read 1,132,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Get real, the majority of voting liberals have generations of welfare families who wont go to work if you took them to work.

Nice try, but we are not going to fall for that one.

Besides, arent you already working without HC as Obama keeps telling us?

GET A JOB and BUY YOUR OWN HC.

It is not my job to buy your HC, food, housing and pay your internet connection.

First of all, I'm working and I do have health-care.
I know it's not your job to buy my HC or internet svc & for your info, I receive benefits through my employer & also take care of my own wireless
connections.

BTW
That's yourself who's probably not working & feeding off my tax contributions.
Your probably one of those recipients who's angry because your welfare time has expired & as Obama mentioned, he suggests people like yourself to go back for higher education.

No need to get upset.
Just follow Obama's steps to help yourself mature to higher levels as you need.

Good luck.

Last edited by imalert; 01-14-2010 at 08:07 AM..

Old 01-14-2010, 09:07 AM

59,022 posts, read 27,290,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Well, I am young so you might laugh at this but I have an example.

I used to work for Burger King. They are a big business. I used to go in there and work for them on short staff-so many customers.

I would get my paycheck to see they shorted my hours. I am already making $5.15 an hour (BEFORE taxes)It would be off by 2 hours or so and I would go to my manager and complain. He would say he would add it back on. They would but come on. Why do they do this in the first place?

Second of all, They gave no raises whatsoever. I worked there for 4 years. I got 2 raises. Ten cents each. I was the hardest worker and most exp (I know the right believes in rewarding hard work) and they just paid my pennies. Not only that but I would sometimes work 8-9 hour shifts and ask for a lunch or a break. Sometimes they allowed it. Sometimes they did not. Mind you, I was underage for a while too. A minor. Even though I was an adult after a while, I do believe I should be able to sit down for 15 minutes if I am working 9 hours! Don't you think? Especially in fast food where I have been standing for such a long time and constantly running from kitchen to microwave to bagging and drive through.

I would go to school from 7 am-3 pm Monday through Friday and work Sat-Sun 12-8. I was VERY hardworking.

MAN OH MAN AM I GLAD THOSE DAYS ARE OVER!

After this exp, it made me despise welfare abusers even more. I went to Target after BK. It was A LOT better but man did I see welfare abuse.

But basically, this is my example. Please dont laugh. This is my experience at the age of 21.
You can't have it both ways. "They gave no raises whatsoever. I worked there for 4 years. I got 2 raises. Ten cents each.

I admit ten cents isn't much but it is a raise.

Flipping burgers is an entry level jpb in many cases. You learn a lot of things, then move up to a better job.

Reading between the lines I'd say you will become more conservative as you grow older. Thing like the amount of taxes taken from you to seeing what those taxes are going for.

More liberals become conservative as they grow older then visa-versa.

Old 01-14-2010, 02:32 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,439,484 times
When I was in HS I worked as a teller in a bank and saw first hand welfare recipients totally taking advantage. They came to cash their checks weighted down with gold jewelry, dressed better then me and they all walked right past the Help Wanted sign my manager had in the front window. Sorry but most people on welfare do not want to work.

Old 01-14-2010, 02:40 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,304,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamky View Post
Are you also pissed that you pay for roads you don`t use, pay for schools you don`t attend anymore, pay for the police you might never call etc?

Or are you just pissed in general, cause your posts are always so...angry?

Get over the excuses of Bush and angry.

No one is angry at all.

Those two excuses are getting old and have been used by the dem-coms for the last year.

The perfect example of angry is the left wing dem-coms during the time Bush was in office. Now that was angry people.

Old 01-14-2010, 02:43 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,304,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imalert View Post

First of all, I'm working and I do have health-care.
I know it's not your job to buy my HC or internet svc & for your info, I receive benefits through my employer & also take care of my own wireless
connections.

BTW
That's yourself who's probably not working & feeding off my tax contributions.
Your probably one of those recipients who's angry because your welfare time has expired & as Obama mentioned, he suggests people like yourself to go back for higher education.

No need to get upset.
Just follow Obama's steps to help yourself mature to higher levels as you need.

Good luck.
Nope, retired at 40 thanks for Bush and his great small business policies.

Since obamie the commie hates capitalism and small business I am glad I sold the business before he destroyed its value.

You probably are a rare breed of the dem-coms to be supporting yourself.

Old 01-14-2010, 02:50 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,851,724 times
Every day his impact gets more excellent!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies