Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2010, 11:18 AM

2,482 posts, read 8,732,192 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post

Another swine transfixed by pearls. Pity.
Your mother never taught you to be nice, did she? Pity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2010, 02:25 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,326,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmerkyGrl View Post
Your mother never taught you to be nice, did she? Pity.
Tit for tat, baby. And the thread is not about me, remember?

Old 01-13-2010, 09:00 PM

5,002 posts, read 12,358,226 times
Everyone here except the moderator who posted here ABSOLUTELY MISSED THE POINT.

China has been attempting to access the email accounts and other accounts of human rights advocates in China, the USA, and Europe. Google has every right to pressure the government. If I were Google, I'd say "we're uncensoring your searches and there's not a damn thing you can do about it." China pulls the plug, and that's that.

I, for one, would love to see a group of US hackers or European hackers remove the firewalls and censoring filters on Chinese internet routers and servers.

Old 01-13-2010, 09:04 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,571,721 times
Quote:
1. No, China has invested in US bonds to ensure that we will remain a market for its junk. Without us, the Chinese will have to eat each other. And a half hour later they'll be hungry again.

2. And that's okay with you...

3.Seen India and China? Or is the "pro-choice pro-woman" phrase just typcial dilettante bs? Thought so....

Gendercide Watch: Female Infanticide

Another swine transfixed by pearls. Pity.
Nope. Pro choice pro woman is not bs. It is the TRUTH. Abortion does not bother me in the least.

And I do not think abortion is a human rights issue in the least. I think what is going on in terms of poverty in Africa, China, India is worse than abortion ever can be.

I do not like that they have abortions based on gender but oh well. Nothing I can do about it but laugh when they legalize gay marriage and men marry each other.

Old 01-13-2010, 09:07 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eskercurve View Post

China has been attempting to access the email accounts and other accounts of human rights advocates in China, the USA, and Europe. Google has every right to pressure the government. If I were Google, I'd say "we're uncensoring your searches and there's not a damn thing you can do about it." China pulls the plug, and that's that.

I, for one, would love to see a group of US hackers or European hackers remove the firewalls and censoring filters on Chinese internet routers and servers.
I didn't miss the point. When I read the article I thought finally Google (and others) are probably waking up and realizing it's the Chinese government that's hacking them. I know, I know, the government of China does not condone nor sponsor computer hacking...NOT.

Old 01-13-2010, 09:35 PM

199 posts, read 216,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eskercurve View Post

As if google cares about hacking. It's simple, google isn't making enough money off internet search engine and is losing market share, Google martyrs themselves as the holy grail for pr support by standing up to goliath and the plebs lap it up like dogs.

Old 01-13-2010, 09:57 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,327,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clue View Post
As if google cares about hacking. It's simple, google isn't making enough money off internet search engine and is losing market share, Google martyrs themselves as the holy grail for pr support by standing up to goliath and the plebs lap it up like dogs.
Baidu is the top search engine in China. At most, Google has only held about 30% of the search market in China. It's tough to compete in China when the PLA controls the purse strings.

Old 01-14-2010, 05:29 AM

2,482 posts, read 8,732,192 times
Quote:
Tit for tat, baby. And the thread is not about me, remember?
The last low-level organism that called me "Baby" walked around with a hand impression on its face for 3 days. And I call it how I see it. You are what you are.

Old 01-14-2010, 06:20 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times
Chinese Spy Agency Behind Google Cyber Attack, Report Claims -- InformationWeek

Well it seems 33 companies were targeted in this cyber attack and Verisign has traced the IP's to Chinese Intelligence agencies/paid proxies.
Hiliary has now stepped in and asked the Chinese government for an explanation.

snippet from article:
"A report issued on Tuesday by iDefense, a computer security company owned by Verisign, states that 33 other companies were targeted in the attack. It also says that those responsible were working either directly on on behalf of official intelligence entities of the People's Republic of China.

"Two independent, anonymous iDefense sources in the defense contracting and intelligence consulting community confirmed that both the source IPs and drop server of the attack correspond to a single foreign entity consisting either of agents of the Chinese state or proxies thereof," the report says."

Old 01-17-2010, 08:27 PM

103 posts, read 207,332 times
There's something else going on here. Hacking into accounts is nothing new. It happens all the time, everywhere.

I'm wondering if there's a Baidu-Chinese government conspiracy. Chinese government probably wants Baidu to not only win the China search competition, but to also become a major global player. Baidu and China did what they could to force Google to leave China. Theft of key Google code may also have occurred, angering Google enough to pull out with a final f-u to China.

Or, as some have mentioned, Google doesn't think it's worth battling it out with Baidu (and risk losing code to them) and decided to pull out. Anyone know why they lost their China operations CEO last year?

Chinese government isn't stupid. I'm sure they already have a plan to fill the gap left by Google. Google is hands down the best search enginer for researchers. I doubt China would let Google leave without a plan to ensure their scientists can easily access information. And Baidu picks up the ad revenue.

Or maybe China will find the hackers, jail them, and work it out with Google. I doubt it though because Google isn't stupid enough to go public with such a serious accusation unless they've already made up their minds to leave China.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies