Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2010, 12:27 PM

153 posts, read 103,871 times

Advertisements

im Haitian and i wanna post my two cents on how the world treated Haiti. i dont care what anyone will say negative, because what they maybe b*tching about is something that they really dont know about the Haitian ppl. Haiti is a small island that had a poorly political structure, poorly built country, and a poor agricultural country........do you know what F*CK this, Haiti was like the hated country. no one cared, no one stepped in to help the country developed. just damn aid. every goddamn country just sent aid, they never wanted to touch Haiti. the Haitian ppl are great ppl in a way. the island is terrible, its barren, it cant produce sh*t. building structures as you are all seeing right now on the news, is not in code. the country didnt have a good political ruling. the man was a dictator, then was exiled. after years of not beings run by a ruler it went to HELL. sad too because the UN was trying to have Jean-Bertrand Aristide back in office. but hey. if you know any Haitians or are Haitian say your thoughts on everything thats happening.

News
Breaking News | Latest News | Current News - FOXNews.com
CNN.com - Breaking News, U.S., World, Weather, Entertainment & Video News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2010, 12:38 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,439,927 times
I understand your frustration but you have to understand that one country can not just step in and take over another countries government. Look at the world's backlash at the US with Iraq. Unless war is declared or help is asked by the current government it can not be done. Sadly this will happen again if the Haitian government does not get it ass in gear and root out the corruption. My prayers are with the people of Haiti.

Old 01-13-2010, 12:40 PM

85 posts, read 110,313 times
I hear what you are saying, after this is all cleaned up the Hatian people need to take control of their own destiny and demand a better life and a better government that cares about them. They need to take a stand and hold people accountable and make the necessary changes that they so desperately need. Things will not change if they just sit back and accept what is thrown at them. I wish them the best.

Old 01-13-2010, 12:42 PM

i wish i can say i hope the government can do the same but how it looks and sounds the island of haiti is gone.

Old 01-13-2010, 12:45 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,121,445 times
I'll be the first to admit that Haiti doesn't register high on my "knowledge list" of countries. I know where it is located, and I knew of its poverty status, its governmental structure, and its "rank" in world affairs. But that's about it.

With that being said, I have to wonder why the Dominican Republic, your neighbor, who has an infinitely better infrastructure and economy, hasn't done more to help its neighbor economically? Are there competing ideologies that keep out progress?

Old 01-13-2010, 12:45 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,439,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluizzo View Post
i wish i can say i hope the government can do the same but how it looks and sounds the island of haiti is gone.

It is very sad but try and remain positive they are a resilient people look how far they have come and being so poor they remained, they will come through this to.

Old 01-13-2010, 12:49 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,264,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluizzo View Post
im Haitian and i wanna post my two cents on how the world treated Haiti. i dont care what anyone will say negative, because what they maybe b*tching about is something that they really dont know about the Haitian ppl. Haiti is a small island that had a poorly political structure, poorly built country, and a poor agricultural country........do you know what F*CK this, Haiti was like the hated country. no one cared, no one stepped in to help the country developed. just damn aid. every goddamn country just sent aid, they never wanted to touch Haiti. the Haitian ppl are great ppl in a way. the island is terrible, its barren, it cant produce sh*t. building structures as you are all seeing right now on the news, is not in code. the country didnt have a good political ruling. the man was a dictator, then was exiled. after years of not beings run by a ruler it went to HELL. sad too because the UN was trying to have Jean-Bertrand Aristide back in office. but hey. if you know any Haitians or are Haitian say your thoughts on everything thats happening.

News
Breaking News | Latest News | Current News - FOXNews.com
CNN.com - Breaking News, U.S., World, Weather, Entertainment & Video News
How can we not feel sorry for the people of Haiti, especially when many of us have felt that way for years? Do you think that anyone else will try to help the sooner than the US now that they are having this very serious problem? Are the rest of the UN members having a much rougher time than we are? Does our President not have anything else to do?

I feel very sorry for the people of Haiti and have for so long, but how did the other side of the island develop a democratic government? Was it because the people demanded that? I think it was and I think that if Haiti is as bad as some are saying on TV today maybe the people have to stand up and make some noise at the dictator. The people of the US did this very thing in the 1770s during the period that Haiti had its last really big earth quake.

It seems that in Port au Prince there were nearly no building codes like using rebar to build concrete buildings. That shows lots of corruption in existence.

Old 01-13-2010, 12:54 PM

1,448 posts, read 3,106,411 times
What the US spends in Iraq in one year we could rebuild Haiti from the ground up. Of course Haiti has no oil.

Old 01-13-2010, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
How can we not feel sorry for the people of Haiti, especially when many of us have felt that way for years? Do you think that anyone else will try to help the sooner than the US now that they are having this very serious problem? Are the rest of the UN members having a much rougher time than we are? Does our President not have anything else to do?

I feel very sorry for the people of Haiti and have for so long, but how did the other side of the island develop a democratic government? Was it because the people demanded that? I think it was and I think that if Haiti is as bad as some are saying on TV today maybe the people have to stand up and make some noise at the dictator. The people of the US did this very thing in the 1770s during the period that Haiti had its last really big earth quake.

It seems that in Port au Prince there were nearly no building codes like using rebar to build concrete buildings. That shows lots of corruption in existence.
2004 Haitian rebellion - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 01-13-2010, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Springs Gator View Post
What the US spends in Iraq in one year we could rebuild Haiti from the ground up. Of course Haiti has no oil.
exactly
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies