Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2010, 06:04 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,842,040 times

Advertisements

Remember if there isnt a crisis just create one =)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2010, 06:19 PM

37,959 posts, read 22,134,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Dem: Senate has 'gun to our head' on health - The Hill's Blog Briefing Room

Rep. Anthony Weiner (D-N.Y.) issued a blunt, angry statement on Wednesday, accusing the Senate of conducting negotiations with the House while holding "a gun to our head."

The thug mentality of the Obama world is coming out people.

Even the dems are starting to see what he is all about and they do not like it.
Don't ya just love it when statests argue among themselves about which tactics are too statest, and which are acceptably statest?

Old 01-14-2010, 01:48 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,436,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cougfan View Post
Hold on here - the Republicans CANNOT DO ANYTHING to "stop" Health Care legislation.

They can scream, threaten, even set themselves on fire - they do not have the votes to stop anything!

So - WHO is exactly "stopping" this???

Sorry to bring actual logic into this - please go back to your normally scheduled ideological drivel.....

The can scream, they can kick, they can threaten, all they want, the DEMOQUACKS are running this show.

Old 01-14-2010, 02:23 PM

6,084 posts, read 6,040,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
The can scream, they can kick, they can threaten, all they want, the DEMOQUACKS are running this show.
I know I have used the term in jest, but if you picked up the term from one of my posts please refrain from using it.
The real division is not between left and right or black and white.

Its between the corporate elite and everyone else. The sooner middle income/working people and small business owners, no matter their ethnic origin or political ideology realize this and stop fighting each other, the sooner we can solve our domestic problems and enjoy superpower status for a thousand years.

Divided we fall, United WE STAND!

Last edited by kovert; 01-14-2010 at 02:52 PM..

Old 01-14-2010, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovert View Post
I know I have used the term in jest, but if you picked up the term from one of my posts please refrain from using it.
The real division is not between left and right or black and white.

Its between the corporate elite and everyone else. The sooner middle income/working people and small business owners, no matter their ethnic origin or political ideology realize this and stop fighting each other, the sooner we can solve our domestic problems and enjoy superpower status for a thousand years.

Divided we fall, United WE STAND!

Please no i did not get demoquack from you, this is how i feel. How can we stop fighting each other, when the Democrats, are so secretive about every freaking thing they do in secret. It is their way or the highway, otherwise your out. I don't think this administration cares about the corporate elite, the middle class, and the working people as you shall put it. They have their own agenda, and are going to do what they see fit for them, not for us. Everything is a federal case with them, have you noticed. Your right, it is not a left or right or black and white issue, these are issues put upon us by the deomocrats. Political ideology has nothing to do with the way this administration thinks, it is doing thing's their way, in their time, their terms, nothing else matters.

Old 01-14-2010, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
breathe.........
excuse me but there are some of us out here not buying into the crap
I have heard yammered when the dems are questioned about the
Americans that do not want what they are honking
I am sick of "wait, trust us, you will love it later"
screw them
I did not vote for Obama and his stupid hucksters and hacks he has riding shotgun
I have a news flash for you I saw Obama for what he is a cheap liar
from Chicago, so take your steam rolling some where else
he is nothing more than a thug and even his core is waking up
they were talking this morning on Morning Joe about how many Obama folks have buyers remorse~~~

Thank you, i did not fall for his bull either, that is what it is BULL. I knew he was nothing more then a Chicago style Politician. It is a thug syle mentality and a thug style administration. The worse ever. If you fail to agree with the them, they make a federal case out of it, and more or less blackmail you into, doing it or, they will make you suffer somehow. America needs to wake up, he is just like any other politician, all talk, get's into office, has his own agenda, going to do what he wants, when he wants, and who cares about the People. I don't know where the freaking great Change is that we are suppose to be experiencing, cause from here, i sure as hek don't see it. And they have to freaking do everything in secret, what's that all about.

Old 01-14-2010, 08:22 PM

6,084 posts, read 6,040,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Please no i did not get demoquack from you, this is how i feel. How can we stop fighting each other, when the Democrats, are so secretive about every freaking thing they do in secret. It is their way or the highway, otherwise your out. I don't think this administration cares about the corporate elite, the middle class, and the working people as you shall put it. They have their own agenda, and are going to do what they see fit for them, not for us. Everything is a federal case with them, have you noticed. Your right, it is not a left or right or black and white issue, these are issues put upon us by the deomocrats. Political ideology has nothing to do with the way this administration thinks, it is doing thing's their way, in their time, their terms, nothing else matters.
Well everything you said could just as well be applied to the previous eight years. So its as equally a Democratic as well as a Republican problem. Maybe its time for people to reject labels, inform themselves on candidates and issues then vote based on that. If elected they fall short, vote them out.

Old 01-14-2010, 09:59 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,364,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatyousay View Post
LOL Democratic infighting, yet they will still somehow manage to blame the republicans.

And to think, they have majorities in the House AND Senate.... but not for long
Yes but sadly they will keep their majority long enough to do immense damage to the country. I feel sorry for Brown in MA, either they won't let him win through "finding" misplaced votes to ensure a demo victory, or they'll stall his confirmation until they pass the tragic health bill.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies