Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are You Less Likely To Be Forum Friends With Or Give Reputation Points To A Gay Poster?
YES! 9 6.77%
NO! 66 49.62%
SOMETIMES! 0 0%
NO OPINION! 3 2.26%
DOESN'T MATTER! 55 41.35%
Voters: 133. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2010, 11:45 PM

981 posts, read 803,106 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PITTSTON2SARASOTA View Post
It's the same here...they all know and do leave us in peace...however they don't talk to us much... .
It is because they do not like who you are. Most heterosexuals are that way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2010, 11:49 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,423,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justcause View Post

Uhm, what? Did I just get whooshed or something?

Old 01-13-2010, 11:50 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,627,220 times
I would never discriminate against someone for simply being happy - or as you put it - gay.

Old 01-13-2010, 11:54 PM

654 posts, read 465,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
I would never discriminate against someone for simply being happy - or as you put it - gay.
Stop lying. You don't like old people.

You wish they would die out.

Old 01-13-2010, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
Uhm, what? Did I just get whooshed or something?
Whooshed?

Old 01-13-2010, 11:55 PM

15,395 posts, read 22,481,557 times
Quote:
I don't think most...many perhaps...but most posters here are intelligent and fair. I have made friends with "right wing posters and I lean left"...we simply respect each other.

Many people outside this forum are as you describe...cause they dwell on "sex"...that's the last thing I am thinking about when talking to people...none of my business etc...I just wish the people you describe would give myself the same courtesy.

I noticed you have started a number of Gay threads???? Are you older or younger than me (50ish) us older people are more cynical...we have seen too much. In my day I never dreamed I could talk openly like this and we have LOGO...I actually cried when I found that first "gay" network. If you're younger then there is hope for the future...whether you advocate for your gay friends or are gay yourself. I mean no disrespect..I just noticed your username very recently...PITTS.
Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual & Transgender TV Shows & Specials | Logo TV.......

Old 01-13-2010, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Like Taxes View Post
Stop lying. You don't like old people.

You wish they would die out.
Don't they do that anyway?

Old 01-14-2010, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PITTSTON2SARASOTA View Post
I don't think most...many perhaps...but most posters here are intelligent and fair. I have made friends with "right wing posters and I lean left"...we simply respect each other.
I could never do that. More power to you.

Quote:
Many people outside this forum are as you describe...cause they dwell on "sex"...that's the last thing I am thinking about when talking to people...none of my business etc...I just wish the people you describe would give myself the same courtesy.
They can't, and they won't. They see you as a "behavior," a sexual act, and that's how they measure you. Heterosexuals have the luxury of being individuals first, in most cases, but gays and lesbians do not.

Last edited by justcause; 01-14-2010 at 12:16 AM..

Old 01-14-2010, 12:08 AM

15,395 posts, read 22,481,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Like Taxes View Post
I will fight bitterly for gay rights, but I really don't like an AUM.

He pisses me off. There is no reason to wish the death of old people and then merrily justify it.

I am sorry, but there are some people that I need to stay away from, even gays who's right I bitterly defend.
AUM is my friend...that said...he PISSES me off too...SAME reason...he often disses old people...I'm old and hardly brain dead nor capable of understanding gay rights Geesh...I was alive during the Stonewall riots before he was a gleam in his dad's eye. My generation got him to the point where he can post here...to me it's something I thought I would never live to see...So I thank GOD! He sometimes starts "somewhat inflammatory threads...sometimes I find them insulting. PS I've been with the same dude for 27 years in February.

DON'T be mad AUM...I refrained from banter before(afterall we are on the same side)....but you'll catch more flies with honey than vinegar...LOL...forgive the pun. I ADMIRE your staunch defense of gay rights....but try the carrot approach more often...except with that dclsd...whatever poster...I put him on ignore only one month into the forum. AND THANKYOU I LIKE TEXAS..I've found Texas posters to be generally very nice. I just reread your post...I think I MAY have misunderstood AUM..you meant a poster???

Old 01-14-2010, 12:09 AM

654 posts, read 465,100 times
Quote:
Don't they do that anyway?
I c wut u did thear.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies