Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2010, 09:33 PM

1,773 posts, read 1,266,016 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
It would be very interesting to see how much hussein obama and the Democrats in congress donate out of their personal pockets.

*that's assuming they can wrench their hands out of ours
That would be interesting to see how President Obama & congress....that would be ALL of congress, not just the ones you don't like, help out. Also interesting would be to see how many people put their money where their mouths are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2010, 09:35 PM

3,857 posts, read 4,214,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Queen View Post
Right now we really can't. We are at 10% unemployment, people are losing their homes, children are living on the streets. When we are flushing fine by me help out other countries but right now we don't have it to give away.

I have always said I have no problem helping people who NEED and really want help. I do have an issue with people who milk the system. I would gladly give money to help poor kids go to better schools without gangs or drug dealers to stop them or help a single mother pay for daycare so she can work or go to school. I do not like the people that no matter how much you give them it is never enough and they never do anything to better themselves with the money.
So there are no government programs you support to help the needy in the U.S.?

As someone else posted, Haitians definitely NEED help now and they really want it.

Old 01-14-2010, 09:41 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,439,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin13 View Post
So there are no government programs you support to help the needy in the U.S.?
Huh? Did I not just give you examples of programs I would be more than willing to have my money go to?

Quote:
Cyber Queen: I have always said I have no problem helping people who NEED and really want help. I do have an issue with people who milk the system. I would gladly give money to help poor kids go to better schools without gangs or drug dealers to stop them or help a single mother pay for daycare so she can work or go to school.
Quote:
As someone else posted, Haitians definitely NEED help now and they really want it.
I answered this also.

Quote:
Cyber Queen:I agree I was talking more about the long list of countries that we send money to. When a country has a disaster like this sure we should help but we do like it or not have lots of good uses for that money right here. We forget sometimes that if we do not help our own people we will not be able to help others.

Old 01-14-2010, 09:52 PM

3,857 posts, read 4,214,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Queen View Post
Huh? Did I not just give you examples of programs I would be more than willing to have my money go to?

I answered this also.
You gave general descriptions.......can you NAME any specific programs?

Old 01-14-2010, 09:57 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,439,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin13 View Post
You gave general descriptions.......can you NAME any specific programs?

You mean like unemployment, disability, stuff like that? I have no idea if they even have programs that do what I said, if they don't they should. I have no issue with welfare if it were run more effectively and really did what it was suppose to. I am not sure of every government program that exists. If you have ones you want to ask me about feel free.

Old 01-14-2010, 10:09 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,693,227 times
Hugo Chavez sent aid to Americans to help with heating oil. He didn't bail us out.
People in Haiti are hurting, that's not bailing them out

Old 01-14-2010, 10:17 PM

11,431 posts, read 18,997,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marksman84 View Post
Ditto. This is a horrible tragedy and my thoughts and prayers are with the victims (like every other natural distaster, mass murder, etc), how in the hell is the U.S. supposed to pay for this?

Knowing this latest administration, customer service jobs will likely be outsourced to Port-Au-Prince for pennies on the dollar.
Outsourcing started a LONG TIME before the Obama Administration.

Old 01-14-2010, 11:45 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,440,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marksman84 View Post
Ditto. This is a horrible tragedy and my thoughts and prayers are with the victims (like every other natural distaster, mass murder, etc), how in the hell is the U.S. supposed to pay for this?

Knowing this latest administration, customer service jobs will likely be outsourced to Port-Au-Prince for pennies on the dollar.

Oh you are so right, that is probably what would happen. My thoughts and prayers are also with the victims such a trajedy. We cannot even seem to bail us out of a problem right now.

Old 01-14-2010, 11:52 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,464,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
If I say no, will I be labeled a racist?
Lacking in common decency and compassion maybe....

Old 01-15-2010, 12:11 AM

1,627 posts, read 3,216,684 times
Default Please go away, crawl under the rock you came from

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regular Poster View Post
First off I think the earthquake in Haiti is terrible and is causing incredible sadness and loss for millions of people. It saddens me and my family.

But what has happened in Haiti is happening all over Africa and Asia. Natural and Man Made disasters. Millions of people in Africa are suffering and America does not help. Or should we?

Many people in America feel like Haiti deserves more support from American taxpayers and charity because it is closer to America than third world hellholes in Asia and Africa.

What do you think? Should America bail out Haiti with billions in aid and spending from our military etc?
I know, I know you listened to Rush Limbaugh or Pat Robertson..right? YOu are a Republican? You are one of the above. How come you don't identify yourself?? Are you ashamed? You disgust me.
These people need our help, Period!!! YES, is my answer. I won't spend anymore time on you, you arent worth it!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies