U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-15-2010, 08:15 AM
 
Location: Tennessee
34,689 posts, read 33,695,295 times
Reputation: 51900

Advertisements

"Democratic negotiators acceded to union demands for a scaled-back tax on high-end health-insurance plans, exempting union contracts from the tax until 2018, five years beyond the start date for other workers."

This means the difference between $149 billion in tax revenue and $90 billion so the money has to be made up somewhere. And here is what they are considering:

"Negotiators were considering increasing the financial hit on drug makers, nursing homes and medical-device makers, according to people familiar with the discussions."

Now really, all death panels aside, which group of people are most likely to be impacted by pass along costs from increasing the tax to nursing homes, medical device makers and drug makers? Who could it be? Who could it be?

Democrats, Unions Reach Deal on Health Tax - WSJ.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-15-2010, 08:16 AM
 
Location: southern california
55,667 posts, read 74,620,384 times
Reputation: 48173
nobody wants to pay nobody.
for 50 years we got it all for free, why should we pay now.
do you know what will stop that?? when people stop signing for stuff and start paying for stuff.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-15-2010, 08:17 AM
 
Location: Fort Worth Texas
12,482 posts, read 8,837,679 times
Reputation: 2527
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
"Democratic negotiators acceded to union demands for a scaled-back tax on high-end health-insurance plans, exempting union contracts from the tax until 2018, five years beyond the start date for other workers."

This means the difference between $149 billion in tax revenue and $90 billion so the money has to be made up somewhere. And here is what they are considering:

"Negotiators were considering increasing the financial hit on drug makers, nursing homes and medical-device makers, according to people familiar with the discussions."

Now really, all death panels aside, which group of people are most likely to be impacted by pass along costs from increasing the tax to nursing homes, medical device makers and drug makers? Who could it be? Who could it be?

Democrats, Unions Reach Deal on Health Tax - WSJ.com
The same peopel that will pay for nebraskans to have health care without paying for it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-15-2010, 08:17 AM
 
Location: South Fla
9,644 posts, read 8,612,871 times
Reputation: 1942
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
nobody wants to pay nobody.
for 50 years we got it all for free, why should we pay now.
We got what for free?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-15-2010, 08:19 AM
 
Location: Land of debt and Corruption
7,526 posts, read 7,215,067 times
Reputation: 2845
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
The same peopel that will pay for nebraskans to have health care without paying for it
Yep, that's how our Chicago-style political machine in Washington is working this catastrophe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-15-2010, 08:29 AM
 
2,173 posts, read 2,526,093 times
Reputation: 880
One of the many warm and fuzzy themes of Obama's Presidential campaign was fairness. I'm very glad he's clarified exactly what he meant by that with this deal.

How can any democrat actually come out in favor of this health care legislation after it has been so thoroughly perverted with payoffs and favors for every special interest group imaginable? Does it not offend your sense of fairness?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-15-2010, 08:32 AM
 
Location: Fort Worth Texas
12,482 posts, read 8,837,679 times
Reputation: 2527
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGACK View Post
One of the many warm and fuzzy themes of Obama's Presidential campaign was fairness. I'm very glad he's clarified exactly what he meant by that with this deal.

How can any democrat actually come out in favor of this health care legislation after it has been so thoroughly perverted with payoffs and favors for every special interest group imaginable? Does it not offend your sense of fairness?
because democrats live off perverted payoffs favors and special interests. See to them it is not payoffs and favors its getting even for Bush.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-16-2010, 09:35 PM
 
14,311 posts, read 15,138,338 times
Reputation: 8357
Quote:
Who Will Make Up The Healthcare Payment Difference When the Unions Get Their Shady Deal?
Obama can simply order the treasury to just crank up the printing presses and presto, instant money.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-16-2010, 11:09 PM
 
Location: Hoboken
19,891 posts, read 16,319,472 times
Reputation: 3123
Wadda you mean? Healthcare is free!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-16-2010, 11:15 PM
 
638 posts, read 1,026,458 times
Reputation: 410
With all of these "payoffs", "bribes", and "special concessions" given to states and unions that will unfairly tax and burder EVERYONE ELSE, I can't see how this would hold up to constitutional challenges. It just doesn't make any sense to me. It is black and white in front of all our faces and some people still don't get it. I guess I understand when you realize that the buffoon we call Commander in Chief is attempting to TAX to the tunes of BILLIONS of dollars, the banks that have PAID back their TARP funds WITH INTEREST!!!! Hmmmmm.......I wonder if the banks are going to eat that billion dollar cost or pass it on to RESPONSIBLE middle class citizens........I'll leave that for you to figure out!!!! This country is doomed if we don't derail this health care fiasco....shortly followed by the global warming fiasco.....shortly followed by the Crap and Trade......shortly followed by the financial shortcomings of Medicare, Medicaid, and Social Security.....Hey, ever been taxed at 70-80%...bend over, It's coming baby......YOU CANNOT continue to print money without their being repercussions!!!!!!!! Wake Up America!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top